[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Josh Gordon to the Patriots

PPIchamp

6 minutes ago, peoplehater said:

This has to be a kick in BALLS to Dez, Pats take a guy with (in my opinion) way more baggage than Dez.

Yep 

Dez can't even find a team due to no one believes in his production.  Meanwhile, Gordon has been a mess for years and yet about a dozen teams were trying to find out on his availability.  

12 minutes ago, peoplehater said:

This has to be a kick in BALLS to Dez, Pats take a guy with (in my opinion) way more baggage than Dez.

Well that's easy Josh comes with a very small contract and isn't going to be screaming about not being involved. He's got baggage of a different kind, one that if it kicks in he's suspended and the Pats owe him nothing. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, indyrckstar said:

IF he plays, you think he is closer to Ochocinco?  Ocho was washed up as a player.

I think expecting Randy Moss type revival from Josh is misguided, he had the one really good year, every time since he's returned and been MEH. Now he's on a new team, new offense, new QB and a coach that won't take manure. They're not going to treat him like the Browns did, which means more stress for a guy on the verge of having a relapse (if he didn't already, reports are he was "out of it" when he showed up Saturday, and a player told the media he was high/drunk. 

1 minute ago, stevegrab said:

I think expecting Randy Moss type revival from Josh is misguided, he had the one really good year, every time since he's returned and been MEH. Now he's on a new team, new offense, new QB and a coach that won't take manure. They're not going to treat him like the Browns did, which means more stress for a guy on the verge of having a relapse (if he didn't already, reports are he was "out of it" when he showed up Saturday, and a player told the media he was high/drunk. 

I get that but the OP's question was Josh closer to Moss or Ocho.  I responded with first saying "IF" he plays, I see him the pendulum being closer to Moss than Ocho.   Perhaps in between of the two.  Still based on the "IF" part though.  I don't have confidence with his off the field stuff.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, indyrckstar said:

IF he plays, you think he is closer to Ochocinco?  Ocho was washed up as a player.

I just don't think there's a shot in hell he will come close to the level of a HoF Moss and 2007 Brady.  :shrug:

2 minutes ago, indyrckstar said:

I get that but the OP's question was Josh closer to Moss or Ocho.  I responded with first saying "IF" he plays, I see him the pendulum being closer to Moss than Ocho.   Perhaps in between of the two.  Still based on the "IF" part though.  I don't have confidence with his off the field stuff.

Ya sorry, bad phrasing in the OP.  Maybe he should of gone with a different pair. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Def. said:

I just don't think there's a shot in hell he will come close to the level of a HoF Moss and 2007 Brady.  :shrug:

You might be right.   I just see him being a capable players still if he is on the field.  He is freak in the level of Julio Jones.  Too bad his off the field ruined a large part of his career. 

This is the first time he has a good QB throwing the ball.  Cleveland best QB was always subpar.

Edited by indyrckstar

1 minute ago, Profound said:

So yes or no on picking him on waivers?

I hate using number one priority if hes going to be cut again in three weeks.

Check the advice forum.  But I'd find it a hard buy to waste my #1 priority on a WR who has the potential but may not be given a real opportunity.  

40 minutes ago, indyrckstar said:

You might be right.   I just see him being a capable players still if he is on the field.  He is freak in the level of Julio Jones.  Too bad his off the field ruined a large part of his career. 

This is the first time he has a good QB throwing the ball.  Cleveland best QB was always subpar.

Will again put out a general caution, that the Julio level of play was 5 years ago.  He has not shown that level since.  Hard not to think father time has already won here.   

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Shorttynaz said:

He will be irrelevant for the next 4 or 5 weeks if he even makes it that far.  It's not like he already knows the playbook.  

Saw on another board that someone said that Haley (OC for Browns) uses a lot of the same basic terminology that the Patsies use.  Not saying he's going to be an expert at the Pats' system, but it's worth mentioning.  

2 hours ago, Def. said:

Will again put out a general caution, that the Julio level of play was 5 years ago.  He has not shown that level since.  Hard not to think father time has already won here.   

He's only 27 years old.  

The last 5 years has been about him being a screw up.  He played maybe like 11 games in that period.  

I had him last year for the last few games.  He did better than expected given the crappy Cleveland QB play.   I'm not saying it's going to happen.  Just believe he still has the ability.  

A talented scumbag on the Cheatriots*?  No way, really??

This is nothing to lose/everything to gain for NE, who need more receiving targets badly and now get a one with a very high ceiling.  Figures.  Yeah there are numerous potential pitfalls, but the talent is still there (was I the only one who saw that incredible TD grab vs PIT?), he has very low mileage and if anyone can squeeze lemonade from this guy, it's NE.  As much as I hate them, credit where due, they've done this time and again and made the rest of the NFL look like fools for not stepping up.