[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go !!!!

Menudo

With 32 teams, I say at most 10 are in the top third.  Compare them to the Ravens and see who looks great and who looks average.

398513[/snapback]

Boy, Ravens fans are really annoying.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know the Ravens won the division last year, but don't act like they own the Steeelrs.

395694[/snapback]

I don't think anyone is saying that the Ravens own the Steelers (I know I am not trying to get that point across). My point is that the Ravens own the AFC North. I could care less about the hapless Steelers. I think the Ravens toughest division opponent will be Cincy.

Anyone remember Ravens, Jaguars or Titans fans pissing and moaning like a French Schoolgirl when the Steelers where the division kings?

I know most of us don't remember the Steelers being hated because they'd won the SuperBowl, many of us where still in diapers.

Anyone remember Ravens, Jaguars or Titans fans pissing and moaning like a French Schoolgirl when the Steelers where the division kings?

I know most of us don't remember the Steelers being hated because they'd won the SuperBowl, many of us where still in diapers.

399182[/snapback]

Good lord, winning the division one year does not make you division kings. The Steelers won their division 6 years in a row not long ago and have won it a huge percentage of the time over the last 10-15 years. I can't wait until Week 2 when we go into the Rats nest where there will be at least 40% Steelers fans (there always are, I'm often one of them.) Funny how that doesn't happen at Heinz, o.k. back to my thought, I can't wait until next weekend when the Steelers shut up you annoying Raven fans.

As a Die Hard Steeler fan i like there chance this year..Duce will be another Berry Foster.Any way the only good thing about the old man sanders going to da ravins is he can teach Lewis how to dance!!!! And Ray lewis can teach J lewis how to act in jail!!!!!! :D

chefro

Great start for you Justin and Big Red ! That is one great BALANCED offense there in Baltimore. I know, I know it is only one week and I may eat my words next week, but the two of you were talking as if the Ravens were 8 time defending AFC North champs rather than one time champs.

Edited by Menudo

Great start for you Justin and Big Red !  That is one great BALANCED offense there in Baltimore.  I know, I know it is only one week and I may eat my words next year, but the two of you were talking as if the Ravens were 8 time defending AFC North champs rather than one time champs.

408118[/snapback]

It was a horrible, sad start. We lost our first game of the year against some piece of sh|t team last year and won the division. Let's see how we look next week.

Steelers are in front, for now. Enjoy it.

It was a horrible, sad start.  We lost our first game of the year against some piece of sh|t team last year and won the division.  Let's see how we look next week. 

Steelers are in front, for now.  Enjoy it.

408126[/snapback]

Was that the same horrible team that has beaten you guys 5 of the last 6 times, one week away from being 6 out of 7. Rigth, you guys are dominant ! :D

Edited by Menudo

I am as big of a steelers fan as they get but I really think the superbowl isnt in the near future for the steelers. I am just being realistic. I think the steelers are on the right track but have a lot to prove as the season goes on. Staley wil really help the O get going and sustain drives but there are still ? marks on the team. One being the secondary. There are going to be times that they look great and others that they look young. take today for example, they played porter tough but let a no name wr get wide open for a long td. Those mistakes are going to happen. I am not ready to underestimate the Ravens at this point. It was only one game. And we only beat the Raiders and they havent won a road game for ever. The one problem we have is putting teams away. We need to put the final nail in the coffin rather than sit on the ball and be just one mistake away from a tie game. I wont sit hear and bash other teams, i'll just let the guys that get the $$$$ resolve it out on the field and enjoy another year of steeler football no matter how good or bad the season goes.

I do think that the afc north wil be a tough division and it will be a tight race for a division winner this year.

Edited by max

I am as big of a steelers fan as they get but I really think the superbowl isnt in the near future for the steelers.  I am just being realistic.  I think the steelers are on the right track but have a lot to prove as the season goes on.  Staley wil really help the O get going and sustain drives but there are still ? marks on the team.  One being the secondary.  There are going to be times that they look great and others that they look young.  take today for example, they played porter tough but let a no name wr get wide open for a long td.  Those mistakes are going to happen.  I am not ready to underestimate the Ravens at this point.  It was only one game.  And we only beat the Raiders and they havent won a road game for ever.  The one problem we have is putting teams away.  We need to put the final nail in the coffin rather than sit on the ball and be just one mistake away from a tie game.  I wont sit hear and bash other teams, i'll just let the guys that get the $$$$ resolve it out on the field and enjoy another  year of steeler football no matter how good or bad the season goes. 

I do think that the afc north wil be a tough division and it will be a tight race for a division winner this year.

408157[/snapback]

I, of course, agree with you and would say the same to my buddies here, but what fun is that kind of talk on a message board ?

I, of course, agree with you and would say the same to my buddies here, but what fun is that kind of talk on a message board ?

408169[/snapback]

The reason I posted an honest comment was that I went to Balt to see the steelers play the ravens a during ray lewis' rookie year and eventhough I was wearing steelers gear I had a lot of fun talking to the Ravens fans about football. They were cool fans that just love football just like us and I respect them for that.

Edited by max

The reason I posted an honest comment was that I went to Balt to see the steelers play the ravens a  during ray lewis' rookie year and eventhough I was wearing steelers gear I had a lot of fun talking to the Ravens fans about football.  They were cool fans that just love football just like us and I respect them for that.

408181[/snapback]

I too have been to Baltimore and enjoyed my conversations with the Ravens fans. What would football be like without rivals ???? I completely agree tih your honesty and your comments in regards to Ravens fans. My comments were truly all in good fun.

I too have been to Baltimore and enjoyed my conversations with the Ravens fans.  What would football be like without rivals ????  I completely agree tih your honesty and your comments in regards to Ravens fans.  My comments were truly all in good fun.

408196[/snapback]

And believe me .. I hope all your comments come true .. it will be a great time being in the Burgh.

I am a hugh Steelers fan, but was not left with much to be happy about from that game other than the fact that they won, and that Chad Scott actually did something right. We should have won that game by at least two TDs, but still almost found a way to lose. And this was against the Raiders. I will become a bit more optimistic if they stop giving up big plays and are able to beat some good teams, but I do not see the Steelers going far in the playoffs, if they make it there at all.

I'm not particularly impressed with Baltimore either. The division is completely uip for grabs.

• 1 month later...
I am a hugh Steelers fan, but was not left with much to be happy about from that game other than the fact that they won, and that Chad Scott actually did something right.  We should have won that game by at least two TDs, but still almost found a way to lose.  And this was against the Raiders.  I will become a bit more optimistic if they stop giving up big plays and are able to beat some good teams, but I do not see the Steelers going far in the playoffs, if they make it there at all. 

I'm not particularly impressed with Baltimore either.  The division is completely uip for grabs.

408630[/snapback]

This is one thing about which I'd be glad to be proven wrong.

:D

• 4 weeks later...

I hate to say I told you so, but I must to some of you people. I got a kick out of everyone's comments when I proclaimed that the Steelers would bounce back this year.......

:moon:  :yay:  :yay:

395143[/snapback]

Are you the same guy who posted that the Steelers were going to the superbowl too? Sometimes, blind homerism is equally funny as it is sad.

395152[/snapback]

Ok, put it down...switch to something less dilusional.  Try beer only.  :yay:  :yay:

395161[/snapback]

Add me.  I think the Steelers push the Bengals for 2nd, but the Ravens are tops in the AFC North.

Duce won't be able to run against the Ravens, but Jamal will be able to run against the Tin Men.

395196[/snapback]

you can add me to your silly little list of steeler doubters.

395367[/snapback]

Gee, sounds like someone's been sneaking the tailgate beer a week early. 

Steelers

2 Pro Bowlers last year

13th in passing

31st in rushing

9th in D

RAVENS

8 Pro Bowlers last year

32 in passing

1st in rushing

3rd in D

I'll take the steady Ravens rushing attack and dominating D over the Pittsburgh passing attack and average D.  Defense and a strong rushing game wins championships, not passing with nothing else to go with it.

395786[/snapback]

One problem with your enthusiasm....the Cleveland Browns!! They will own Pitt this year.

397624[/snapback]

im sorry if im biased in any way because i dont like the steelers. My hypothesis is that they go 7-9. If you think for one second that they are going to the super bowl, you're crazy :yay:  :D  B)  :D  :moon:  :yay:  B)

397639[/snapback]

I'm from Pittsburgh  (NOT A STEELER FAN)  and i just love it when the steeler win a preseason game the homers just think they going to the super bowl    i think they going to the tiddy bowl

401094[/snapback]

It was a horrible, sad start.  We lost our first game of the year against some piece of sh|t team last year and won the division.  Let's see how we look next week. 

Steelers are in front, for now.  Enjoy it.

408126[/snapback]

:D:yay:

:moon::D:yay: