[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go !!!!

Menudo

I love it. The Steelers were a favorite in the AFC last year and due to some injury problems on the O-Line and the fact that they lost their offensive identity, everyone is writing them off this season.

The Steelers will be back and will win the AFC North this year. Their closest competition will be the Bengals, NOT the Ravens. Go ahead, tell me to put down the crack pipe and all the other clever rips, but make sure you save this post.

Duce Staley was just what the doctor ordered. A hard-nosed back that can allow the Steelers to get back to their roots. Once they start running the ball, there is no limit to how dangerous their passing game can be with the best wide receiving core (3 deep) in football. If Maddox has time, he is a good QB and if the running game is working, he will have time.

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO !!!!!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go ahead, tell me to put down the crack pipe and all the other clever rips, but make sure you save this post.

Ok, put it down...switch to something less dilusional. Try beer only. :D:D

Ok, put it down...switch to something less dilusional.  Try beer only.   :D  :D

395161[/snapback]

O.k. so far, I have Loaf, DBaxx, and Gilthorp on the list that I need to send "I told you so's" to.

Edited by Menudo

Add me.  I think the Steelers push the Bengals for 2nd, but the Ravens are tops in the AFC North.

Duce won't be able to run against the Ravens, but Jamal will be able to run against the Tin Men.

395196[/snapback]

Jamal might be running from a large man named Bubba before the season is over.

you can add me to your silly little list of steeler doubters.

395367[/snapback]

Done, and it won't be silly in 3 months. That is a great passing game you have there in Baltimore.

That is a great passing game you have there in Baltimore.

395376[/snapback]

If thats your opinion - so be it. I prefer to think of it as fairly good right now, but huge potential. I like what KJ will bring. Then again, when you have the best defense and running back in the league plus a great offensive line, the passing game does not need to be great.

Jamal might be running from a large man named Bubba before the season is over.

395358[/snapback]

Won't happen by week 3. If it does happen by their 2nd game, Chester Taylor and Musa Smith can handle the Steelers. Turnover Tommy will also help us out.

Won't happen by week 3.  If it does happen by their 2nd game, Chester Taylor and Musa Smith can handle the Steelers.  Turnover Tommy will also help us out.

395407[/snapback]

I know the Ravens won the division last year, but don't act like they own the Steeelrs. They were 1-1 last year and prior to that season the Steelers owned them. In fact, the Steelers have won 5 out of the last 6 head to head games. Ravens fans are getting close to the annoyance level of Eagle fans. It is so perfect that Owens went to the Eagles and Deion goes to the Ravens, make me disklike them even more.

2003:

PIT 34 BAL 13

BAL 15 PIT 10

2002:

PIT 31 PIT 34

BAL 18 BAL 31

2001:

PIT 10 PIT 26 PIT 27

BAL 13 BAL 21 BAL 10

If thats your opinion - so be it.  I prefer to think of it as fairly good right now, but huge potential.  I like what KJ will bring. Then again, when you have the best defense and running back in the league plus a great offensive line, the passing game does not need to be great.

395396[/snapback]

Is this the Kevin Johnson that you are excited about ?

2002 cle | 16 | 0 0 0.0 0 | 67 703 10.5 4 |

2003 jax | 15 | 0 0 0.0 0 | 58 634 10.9 3 |

The Steelers # 3 WR would be the # 1 WR in Baltimore.

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO !!!

Gee, sounds like someone's been sneaking the tailgate beer a week early.

Steelers

2 Pro Bowlers last year

13th in passing

31st in rushing

9th in D

RAVENS

8 Pro Bowlers last year

32 in passing

1st in rushing

3rd in D

I'll take the steady Ravens rushing attack and dominating D over the Pittsburgh passing attack and average D. Defense and a strong rushing game wins championships, not passing with nothing else to go with it.

Steelers

2 Pro Bowlers last year

13th in passing

31st in rushing

9th in D

RAVENS

8 Pro Bowlers last year

32 in passing

1st in rushing

3rd in D

I'll take the steady Ravens rushing attack and dominating D over the Pittsburgh passing attack and average D.  Defense and a strong rushing game wins championships, not passing with nothing else to go with it.

395786[/snapback]

Steelers are going back to their roots. Showed it in pre-season. First team offense scored on almost every drive and were sticking with the run. I don't value pre-season that much, but I do value that the new O Coordinator understands how to win and that requires running the football. Dick Lebeau is back as defensive coordinator and the 'D' will improve dramatically. I can't wait until the Steelers take it to Baltimore in their house next week. Enjoy 3rd place.

P.S. I hope you know this is all in good fun. If there weren't Ravens and Eagles

fans around, football would have less enjoyment.

Steelers

2 Pro Bowlers last year

13th in passing

31st in rushing

9th in D

RAVENS

8 Pro Bowlers last year

32 in passing

1st in rushing

3rd in D

I'll take the steady Ravens rushing attack and dominating D over the Pittsburgh passing attack and average D.  Defense and a strong rushing game wins championships, not passing with nothing else to go with it.

395786[/snapback]

Don't know how you're equating being 9th in Defense to "avg." To me, average is somewhere around 16th. Pittsuck's D was in the top 30% of the League...

As a Steeler fan, I hope you are right. I can't say I am as sure as you, but I think they could make a run for the playoffs. Cincy is better than they look. Cleveland is...well, they're Cleveland. Baltimore looks good on the defensive side of the ball, but JLew might be keyed upon even more than he was last year. Boller was the most overrated QB taken in the draft last yeat IMO. He threw a ball through the uprights from his knees at 60 or so yards in the combine. Cute trick. Doesn't mean sh*t. So teams will put eight, nine in the box and make Kyle throw to a weak WR corps. Unless Deion's running routes, the Raven passing game is shaky at best.

The problem with this is that the Steelers are in a division where Cleveland and Cincy have improved since last year, and Baltimore is no worse than it was. Maddox is no better than average, and the Steeler's D is no better than it was last year.

The Steelers have to prove to me that they can beat decent teams and not let Maddox throw games away. They may be pushed to the wall by the so-so Raiders this weekend.

If Maddox can get back to his form of a couple years ago ...

395939[/snapback]

Couple of years ago? It wasn't that long ago he was unemployeed or playing in the XFL. One half decent season does not a QB make. If it did, Dilfer would not be in Seattle, he'd make more than NFL minimum wage and the Steelers wouldn't have spent a top pick on his replacement.

Don't know how you're equating being 9th in Defense to "avg." To me, average is somewhere around 16th. Pittsuck's D was in the top 30% of the League...

395945[/snapback]

With 32 teams, I say at most 10 are in the top third. Compare them to the Ravens and see who looks great and who looks average.