[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Will Jimmy G return to his old form prior to injury

dope man

Just now, Sunday Couch Potatoe said:

Looked pretty good today on the road to a team that took the Seahawks down to the wire in their house on opening weekend.  Nearly 600 yards of offense and what looks to be a pretty potent run game. I say give him props so far I know it’s early but everyone loves to beat up on the guy when he’s down but no kudos when he puts in a solid performance. Dont hate him cause he’s pretty :pickle:

He is pretty. I'll never debate that, haha.

8 minutes ago, Montana is da Man said:

Whole team looked good today.  It was a good day to be a 49ers fan.......means next week they lose to Pitt by 30

It’s been a long time since It felt good as a niners fan on Sunday!

5 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

No, Pitt is in big trouble. 

And I think they take them handily. But thereafter we’ll see if they are still just an 8-8 team on the rebuild which I feel they are. But I like what I’m seeing from defense and offense as a whole so far.

Edited by Sunday Couch Potatoe
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Sunday Couch Potatoe said:

It’s been a long time since It felt good as a niners fan on Sunday!

And I think they take them handily. But thereafter we’ll see if they are still just an 8-8 team on the rebuild which I feel they are. But I like what I’m seeing from defense and offense as a whole so far.

As a Niner fan you should be excited. They looked dam good 

18 hours ago, Sunday Couch Potatoe said:

Looked pretty good today on the road to a team that took the Seahawks down to the wire in their house on opening weekend.  Nearly 600 yards of offense and what looks to be a pretty potent run game. I say give him props so far I know it’s early but everyone loves to beat up on the guy when he’s down but no kudos when he puts in a solid performance. Dont hate him cause he’s pretty and could steal ya girl!

:pickle:

Problem was he was being crowned like a HOF when the 49ers sighed him from the Pats, after having done very little. 

Last year it looked like the Browns had a franchise QB, after one game this season he looked pretty bad. Things are still fluid with these young guys.

While the Bengals gave the Seahawks some trouble last week, they're not a very good team so not a good measuring stick. 

2 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Problem was he was being crowned like a HOF when the 49ers sighed him from the Pats, after having done very little. 

Last year it looked like the Browns had a franchise QB, after one game this season he looked pretty bad. Things are still fluid with these young guys.

While the Bengals gave the Seahawks some trouble last week, they're not a very good team so not a good measuring stick. 

Any road win where they score 40 points and have close to 600 yards no matter who it’s against is a positive sign to me.  They’ve been so bad recently they couldn’t even score 40 in a 5 game stretch vs the worst teams in the nfl. I never crowned anybody maybe media did but certainly not me or any niner  fans that I personally know. Was I excited when he signed for sure but I’m always a skeptic until proven otherwise. So far he’s looked good in knocking off rust after a full year of rehab and no games played. He is still a long ways from 100% healthy so I see major room for improvements. But am I excited and think they’re better than everyone expected them to be this year....yes i am and yep I do! And after their week 4 bye they will get back Jalen Hurd who was arguably their best looking wr in the preseason along with tevin Coleman. Those two can only help him with added weapons at his disposal. So with all that said no one will piss in my Cheerios this week my man! Go 9ers!! 

:coach:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sunday Couch Potatoe said:

Any road win where they score 40 points and have close to 600 yards no matter who it’s against is a positive sign to me.  They’ve been so bad recently they couldn’t even score 40 in a 5 game stretch vs the worst teams in the nfl. I never crowned anybody maybe media did but certainly not me or any niner  fans that I personally know. Was I excited when he signed for sure but I’m always a skeptic until proven otherwise. So far he’s looked good in knocking off rust after a full year of rehab and no games played. He is still a long ways from 100% healthy so I see major room for improvements. But am I excited and think they’re better than everyone expected them to be this year....yes i am and yep I do! And after their week 4 bye they will get back Jalen Hurd who was arguably their best looking wr in the preseason along with tevin Coleman. Those two can only help him with added weapons at his disposal. So with all that said no one will piss in my Cheerios this week my man! Go 9ers!! 

:coach:

Didn't mean to say you or any SF fan here crowned Jimmy, but I was hearing a lot of that in the media. And it was covered by CLE sports media constantly since the Browns were trying to get him prior to the SF trade. "He was Brady's backup, he did great things...." yes so did Matt Cassell. 

Also wasn't trying to piss in your Cheerios, just trying to explain why many aren't giving him props now, since he had already been crowned by some in the past.

Trust me I'm a fan of a long time bad team, with no history of championships that I was a part of. So I can understand getting excited when there was improvement. I'm hoping I can do that tonight, instead of feeling that "same old Browns feeling". 

1 minute ago, stevegrab said:

Didn't mean to say you or any SF fan here crowned Jimmy, but I was hearing a lot of that in the media. And it was covered by CLE sports media constantly since the Browns were trying to get him prior to the SF trade. "He was Brady's backup, he did great things...." yes so did Matt Cassell. 

Also wasn't trying to piss in your Cheerios, just trying to explain why many aren't giving him props now, since he had already been crowned by some in the past.

Trust me I'm a fan of a long time bad team, with no history of championships that I was a part of. So I can understand getting excited when there was improvement. I'm hoping I can do that tonight, instead of feeling that "same old Browns feeling". 

Yep I hear you just nice to be excited again! Hell they might crap the bed the next 4 weeks and be back to mediocrity but for now I will enjoy every second of it. I’ve been to the mountain top with them and to the dingy dark basement. I much more enjoy these moments of excitement 

:D

• Like 1