[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Week 1 Milk Carton 2019!!!!!

Shaft

3 hours ago, Fat Cat said:

Here is a guy I don't get. Corey Davis was a no show versus the Browns. The Titans put up 43 points and this guy did nothing.

I benched him, thinking the Browns D would be a tough matchup for the Titans passing game. It was the right move, but I still lost and had to accept the Browns are not what I thought they would be. 

1 minute ago, stevegrab said:

I benched him, thinking the Browns D would be a tough matchup for the Titans passing game. It was the right move, but I still lost and had to accept the Browns are not what I thought they would be. 

I don't have him on my fantasy team thank God. I have been down that road last season. I was just bringing up the obvious no show for him in a 43 point blowout win for the Titans week 1. It always seems like going into the year he is suppose to be the Titans #1WR and then Mariota ends up having zero confidence in him come game time.

Just now, Fat Cat said:

I don't have him on my fantasy team thank God. I have been down that road last season. I was just bringing up the obvious no show for him in a 43 point blowout win for the Titans week 1. It always seems like going into the year he is suppose to be the Titans #1WR and then Mariota ends up having zero confidence in him come game time.

I didn't pay close attention, to busy being angry about how bad the Browns played. Maybe Davis was just covered too much, He was targeted 3 times, Mariota threw 24 passes and had under 250 yards. It is not like they threw 40+ times for 400 yards. They had a couple of big plays for TD, one was on offense.  The Titans TDs were 

- 11 plays 47 yards

- 1 play 75 yards

- 4 plays 30 yards

- 4 plays 34 yards

- pick six

Davis numbers last year 65-891-4 on 112 targets. Adams is my WR1, with Robby Anderson, Will Fuller and Corey Davis filling 2/3 slots. 

1 minute ago, stevegrab said:

I didn't pay close attention, to busy being angry about how bad the Browns played. Maybe Davis was just covered too much, He was targeted 3 times, Mariota threw 24 passes and had under 250 yards. It is not like they threw 40+ times for 400 yards. They had a couple of big plays for TD, one was on offense.  The Titans TDs were 

- 11 plays 47 yards

- 1 play 75 yards

- 4 plays 30 yards

- 4 plays 34 yards

- pick six

Davis numbers last year 65-891-4 on 112 targets. Adams is my WR1, with Robby Anderson, Will Fuller and Corey Davis filling 2/3 slots. 

I didn't watch the game either just saw that he had zero on his stat sheet. It seemed like Delanie Walker had a nice day. I also was surprised because I thought the Browns defense was suppose to be much improved. 

I also have Robby Anderson on my team and was disappointed in him, but feel that could have been due to a tough Bills D. The same could be in store for him this week against the Browns D if they choose to show up. I would not start him if you don't have to. Maybe start Adams and Fuller.

44 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

I have no idea what Arians was thinking in that game. How do not even target your TE? Unless Winston is just not throwing his way. I don't get it. 

Especially when things are a mess and he's throwing picks. Short passes to your TE and receivers to get some rhythm and confidence.  Winston always seems like he's on a playground slinging balls. Great when it works, not so good when it doesn't. 

Edited by purplemonster

1 hour ago, purplemonster said:

I guess I don't know enough about his offensive schemes but if you have a good TE I would think you'd want to use him.  Big target, takes up intermediate passes while the WR stretch the field. I dunno. 

I don't ever recall the TE in AZ during his time as HC there, or in PIT while OC that produced much. Even going back to is time in CLE they didn't do much. Sometimes our recollection isn't accurate, so I decided to look at the numbers to see what percentage of targets the TEs got (using Pro Football Reference season data, any player with a TE in their position was included, not just pure TE).

CLE OC 2001-03 = 14%, 14, 11

PIT OC 2007-11 = 15%, 19, 20, 19, 15

IND OC 2012 = 19%

AZ HC 2013-17 = 18%, 15, 12, 13, 17

So there are some years at or near 20%, not sure how that compares to targets for TEs on other teams, or an NFL average. But overall the number is probably closer to 16/17%

31 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

I don't ever recall the TE in AZ during his time as HC there, or in PIT while OC that produced much. Even going back to is time in CLE they didn't do much. Sometimes our recollection isn't accurate, so I decided to look at the numbers to see what percentage of targets the TEs got (using Pro Football Reference season data, any player with a TE in their position was included, not just pure TE).

CLE OC 2001-03 = 14%, 14, 11

PIT OC 2007-11 = 15%, 19, 20, 19, 15

IND OC 2012 = 19%

AZ HC 2013-17 = 18%, 15, 12, 13, 17

So there are some years at or near 20%, not sure how that compares to targets for TEs on other teams, or an NFL average. But overall the number is probably closer to 16/17%

Heath Miller was a serviceable and productive TE in Pittsburgh during Arians time as the OC from 2007-2011. Heath avgd around 55 catches 600 yards, 5 tds in that span which isn't bad when you consider who they had at WR during those times and how productive their rbs were ( Hines Ward, Santonio, Sanders, AB, Mike Wallace, Willie Parker, Mendenhall) 

On 9/9/2019 at 8:15 PM, Big John said:

JJ Watt (IDP)

On 9/9/2019 at 9:44 PM, XFlash said:

+1

I needed at least a few tackles and a sack.  That would be considered low output for him.

I'm in a tight race.  LB Chubb vs my CFerrell.  It's not looking good.

On 9/11/2019 at 12:27 PM, gbill2004 said:

He's off the HGH

Ramczyk is one of the best right tackles in football.

On 9/11/2019 at 6:12 PM, Fat Cat said:

I didn't watch the game either just saw that he had zero on his stat sheet. It seemed like Delanie Walker had a nice day. I also was surprised because I thought the Browns defense was suppose to be much improved. 

I also have Robby Anderson on my team and was disappointed in him, but feel that could have been due to a tough Bills D. The same could be in store for him this week against the Browns D if they choose to show up. I would not start him if you don't have to. Maybe start Adams and Fuller.

Not exactly the most pertinent comment but I saw a vid of Delanie Walker after that game and he looked a lot younger and fitter than I was expecting. I was thinking he's kind of broken down but he sure didn't look like it.  The only reason I mention it is he might have a better year than I was expecting

Edited by purplemonster