[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Superbowl: 49ers @ KCC

Bier Meister

9 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Kansas City's rushing defense isn't good. The Chiefs ranked 26th in the NFL this season against the run, allowing 128.2 yards per game and a whopping 4.9 yards per carry

According to NFL.com KC is 25th (4.3 per rush and 118 per game) and Sanfran is 22nd  (3.8 per rush & 116 per game)

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&defensiveStatisticCategory=RUSHING&conference=ALL&role=OPP&season=2017&seasonType=REG&d-447263-s=RUSHING_YARDS_PER_GAME_AVG&d-447263-o=1&d-447263-n=1

57 minutes ago, Gourdeau said:

Someone explain something to me. The 9ers are being billed as having this super elite defense yet the Chiefs have more INT, more tackle for loss and less points against for the year. The have only 3 less total sacks

maybe ask the min and gbp ocs if the SF d is overrated. They are not the 85 bears nor 00 ravens.

the 49ers had a soft first half of the season.  the final 10 games had a playoff feel to them and faced 5 playoff bound teams.  the d gave up 46 to brees, but otherwise made their opponents under perform and can dominate games.  imo this all comes down to minimizing mahomes.  can they get in fast enough to disrupt his rhythm (not allow the bigger plays to develop)? 

5 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

maybe ask the min and gbp ocs if the SF d is overrated. They are not the 85 bears nor 00 ravens.

the 49ers had a soft first half of the season.  the final 10 games had a playoff feel to them and faced 5 playoff bound teams.  the d gave up 46 to brees, but otherwise made their opponents under perform and can dominate games.  imo this all comes down to minimizing mahomes.  can they get in fast enough to disrupt his rhythm (not allow the bigger plays to develop)? 

Not saying they are over rated. I'm asking why are they being billed as so much better than KCs def. Statistically they just are not. I'm wondering what I am missing,

5 minutes ago, Gourdeau said:

Not saying they are over rated. I'm asking why are they being billed as so much better than KCs def. Statistically they just are not. I'm wondering what I am missing,

first half of the season, many games were in hand and there was a bend but don't break mindset for 3rd and 4th quarters.  the second half went against what we found out was their weakness (running qbs)... murray x2, wilson x2, LJ, brees, rodgers, rams (who while did not have a wonderful season still has offensive talent).

reid should have been studying game film from az, sea, bal.

3 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

first half of the season, many games were in hand and there was a bend but don't break mindset for 3rd and 4th quarters.  the second half went against what we found out was their weakness (running qbs)... murray x2, wilson x2, LJ, brees, rodgers, rams (who while did not have a wonderful season still has offensive talent).

reid should have been studying game film from az, sea, bal.

Interesting. I can't wait for this game. With no dog in the fight and no Pats to route against its the most excited I've been for the SB since 2010

4 minutes ago, Gourdeau said:

Interesting. I can't wait for this game. With no dog in the fight and no Pats to route against its the most excited I've been for the SB since 2010

game flow.... look at the playoff games.  sf d stifled min (gave up a big play) but otherwise not much to cook, diggs, thielen.  vs gbp... smothered rodgers. gave up a couple of big plays but games was in hand.

for kc, they got behind and needed their d to do enough for their offense to get into gear. 

this is the big draw today.... sf can give up big plays. kcc is tremendously fast and mahomes can throw on the run. so... a game in the trenches on both sides. 

6 minutes ago, Gourdeau said:

I think (hope) that it's going to be an entertaining game. I really think it can go either way. I wouldn't be shocked if KC blows SF out and I wouldn't be shocked if SF wins in a tight one. I WOULD NOT expect SF to blow out KC in any manner. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Gourdeau said:

My guess is that SF's D has a physical streak that isn't matched by KC.  It's one of those intangibles that don't necessarily come out in stats.  I don't know; maybe I'm short-changing KC as I haven't watched them play too much this year.  KC forcing San Fran to make some passing plays will be big.  

And Bier is correct in SFO seemed to have some trouble against mobile QBs.  This is pretty typical amongst great defenses.  II think of the year Seattle won the SB and a guy like Colin Kaep was way more effective in the NFC championship game than Manning was in the SB.  

Edited by Bobby Brown

10 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

The Niners are in clear control. Andy Reid is once again overmatched and has done nothing creative to win this game. No balls Andy is at it again. 

They have done well on  3rd/4th down conversions 

I guess part of it was just feel as Bobby and Bier have posted.  As a disinterested fan of not necessarily either team, playing the 49ers was completely different than KC.  The Niners D was bringing a ton of pressure and were just physically beating up our guys play after play.  It was relentless.  KC felt pretty normal.  So I tend to agree with those assessments that there is a maybe difficult to measure physicality that they bring

Edited by purplemonster

On 1/23/2020 at 4:11 PM, League_Champion said:

Andy Reid is a stunad. That's why he's been an NFL Coach for a hundred years and only one Superbowl appearance, which was a loss. All this despite having some great teams. So yes, the Niners have a HUGE coaching advantage and if it gets to a chess match, Andy is done! 

Has anyone every mentioned, that you just crap stuff out?

For the second time in as many Super Bowl appearances, Kyle Shanahan’s team lost a game in which win probability models estimated that it should have won at least 95 times out of 100.

Edited by Bobby Brown
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1