[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tom Brady extends 1 year with Bucs

darin3

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31051305/sources-tom-brady-tampa-bay-buccaneers-agree-4-year-extension

Brady is 43!!!  If he plays this out, he'll be with them until 47?  That's how old I am and my back starts hurting if I lay on the ground with my kids for a couple of minutes.  :lol:

Also, this frees up cap room to sign guys like Gronk and Barrett.

Love him or hate him, Brady has ALWAYS been amiable to re-working deals for the betterment of his team.

5 minutes ago, Riffraff said:

Somebody didn't go beyond the headline in the ESPN article

"While the Bucs did not reveal any details, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter that it is a four-year contract extension that voids to a one-year extension. The deal ties Brady to Tampa through the 2022 season, sources said."

On 3/12/2021 at 2:38 PM, darin3 said:

Huh.  WTF does that even mean?  Why would ESPN write the headline that way? 

Not sure if it read differently when story was originally posted, but the headline simply says "agreed to an extension" with no length provided. 

And of course we all know headlines are written to grab your attention, not to accurately reflect the story that follows. Many times I've read articles that actually contradict the headline, or where the a key part of the headline is not even mentioned in the story, like it didn't happen. 

• Big John changed the title to Tom Brady extends 1 year with Bucs