Julio Jones to The Titans

10 minutes ago, irish said:

Don't forget my original prediction-

But you didn't actually say anything... We2 or 3 or flex ;):boxing:

Ok, so you say 65/1000/5

5 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

But you didn't actually say anything... We2 or 3 or flex ;):boxing:

Ok, so you say 65/1000/5

Sure I did, I not only made a pretty exact prediction, but I also called him a top 30-35 WRs equating to a WR2/3 depending on league size. 

Should be fun seeing how this plays out. 

37 minutes ago, irish said:

Should be fun seeing how this plays out.

Yup. That's why i was quoting projections. I'm most pessimistic and you and stethant are most optimistic.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LordOpie said:

I'd like to hear from our overlord @DMD

Well I could tell you what he said but you'd have to pay me for it..... B)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, stethant said:

Well I could tell you what he said but you'd have to pay me for it..... B)

Okay. Crypto address?

8 hours ago, LordOpie said:

And Steve unable to provide a projection.

I'd like to hear from our overlord @DMD

Julio Jones a #1 WR? No way.  I currently have him at No. 24 (PPR). I go through a in-depth analysis and review over the next month for a second complete re-ranking but I doubt I'll change much. 

I currently have him at 76-980-6 but that is more likely to fall than to rise.

Jones was a Top-6 WR for many  years through 2019. Then he had hip and hamstring issues last season. He's 32 years old and having multiple health issues is very troublesome for an aging wideout.

My concern with him is less about his health than where he ended up. TEN has a rushing offense and was No. 1 in rushing attempts last year - and they relied heavily on just one guy.  They were No. 30 in pass attempts.  Ryan Tannehill was very efficient and effective give the lower amount of passes, but then again the defense first assumption was that the Titans would run the ball. A.J. Brown was a touchdown magnet and Jones has long been a "yards not scores" kind of player. He replaces Corey Davis who had four 100-yard games and then little else in all other games. I could see that sort of potential and inconsistency from Jones as a No. 2 WR in an offense that threw less than almost anyone last year.

I am also concerned that the Titans have one of the worst schedules for passing in the NFL this year. And they are going from No. 17 to No. 30 in schedule strength for WRs.

It will be interesting to see what happens and on the surface of it, the move looks great for the Titans. I'll be following it closely.

I still think Jones can play it's more of a matter of if he can stay healthy. Seems like he's been dinged up a lot here and there recently. And motivation might have been a bit difficult those with the Super Bowl letdown and years after not being very good. He could be reinvigorated with a new team. 

7 hours ago, DMD said:
  8 hours ago, LordOpie said:

I'd like to hear from our overlord @DMD

Julio Jones a #1 WR? No way.  I currently have him at No. 24 (PPR). I go through a in-depth analysis and review over the next month for a second complete re-ranking but I doubt I'll change much. 

I currently have him at 76-980-6 but that is more likely to fall than to rise.

Jones was a Top-6 WR for many  years through 2019. Then he had hip and hamstring issues last season. He's 32 years old and having multiple health issues is very troublesome for an aging wideout.

My concern with him is less about his health than where he ended up. TEN has a rushing offense and was No. 1 in rushing attempts last year - and they relied heavily on just one guy.  They were No. 30 in pass attempts.  Ryan Tannehill was very efficient and effective give the lower amount of passes, but then again the defense first assumption was that the Titans would run the ball. A.J. Brown was a touchdown magnet and Jones has long been a "yards not scores" kind of player. He replaces Corey Davis who had four 100-yard games and then little else in all other games. I could see that sort of potential and inconsistency from Jones as a No. 2 WR in an offense that threw less than almost anyone last year.

I am also concerned that the Titans have one of the worst schedules for passing in the NFL this year. And they are going from No. 17 to No. 30 in schedule strength for WRs.

It will be interesting to see what happens and on the surface of it, the move looks great for the Titans. I'll be following it closely.

Thanks for your insights!

19 hours ago, LordOpie said:

I'd like to hear from our overlord @DMD

Not sure what it matters as far as my projection, even if I accept your stats and ranking. Guys with 500 yards and 6TDs slated to be the 50th WR are not dead in fantasy football. I already said that, they may not be top level anymore, but they are worth a roster spot unless you have very small rosters, or leagues. Maybe you can ignore him in your league, maybe your whole league does. But I doubt it. 

Now DMD has offered his stats and ranking, is Opie still going to tell us that a WR24 is dead and not worthy of a roster spot? 

I get it, Julio isn't who he once was, but who is? He has less value, but that doesn't mean he's worthless and can be ignored. Let's revisit and look at his ADP in late August and see what actual leagues thought about him.  

3 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Now DMD has offered his stats and ranking, is Opie still going to tell us that a WR24 is dead and not worthy of a roster spot?   

Lol just because David says something doesn't make it gospel. I can respect and disagree with his opinion.

And I do disagree.

I'll put you down for your projection as wr24 since you can't come up with your own independent thought #triggered

I thought the fun part of ff is having different opinions?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

Lol just because David says something doesn't make it gospel. I can respect and disagree with his opinion.

And I do disagree.

I'll put you down for your projection as wr24 since you can't come up with your own independent thought #triggered

Absolutely agreed on all points!

You used to be in the Huddle ladder, remember when I used to do team rankings based on the Huddle stats versus mine... just for fun, and then compared them at seasons end. 

• Thanks 1

I also wonder about Henry, in his age 28 season. If he goes down you have to imagine they will be throwing more.  He had 378 carries alone last year. Granted, he isn't human, he is giving out punishment more than he takes but still, he can't stay indestructible forever.  

Edited by purplemonster

3 hours ago, LordOpie said:

x1000

There's actually a real fun debate going on, like at a BBQ, without political BS. Let's enjoy us all acting like we're fortune tellers and rub it in the other's face at the end of the season.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Shaft said:

x1000

There's actually a real fun debate going on, like at a BBQ, without political BS. Let's enjoy us all acting like we're fortune tellers and rub it in the other's face at the end of the season.

That would be an awesome BBQ to attend!

13 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

I wonder what the Titans are expecting out of Jones? That's a lot of money for what most are calling a WR2. 

Not really, his cap hit is approximately $15 million. That's in the range of Jarvis Landry, Mike Williams, OBJ, etc.

59 minutes ago, Shaft said:

Let's enjoy us all acting like we're fortune tellers and rub it in the other's face at the end of the season.

This! Steve's going to be so annoyed that i was right

48 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

I wonder what the Titans are expecting out of Jones? That's a lot of money for what most are calling a WR2. 

To be clear, I'm not projecting big numbers but i do think he'll be very important in key situations. I think his addition is the difference in one additional regular season win and one game deeper into the playoffs.

Granted, you'd need access to alternate universes to to prove that but point is... I think his real football contributions will be well worth it

30 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

To be clear, I'm not projecting big numbers but i do think he'll be very important in key situations. I think his addition is the difference in one additional regular season win and one game deeper into the playoffs.

Granted, you'd need access to alternate universes to to prove that but point is... I think his real football contributions will be well worth it

Alright now, that's progress and moving in the right direction!  Seeing him as valuable in some regard, pretty soon you'll be jumping on board with him being a top 30-35 WR play!  You can do it!  B)

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, irish said:

Alright now, that's progress and moving in the right direction!  Seeing him as valuable in some regard, pretty soon you'll be jumping on board with him being a top 30-35 WR play!  You can do it!  B)

Lol

I'll stick with my FF projection and quote bump my own post to tease and annoy delightfully in six months.

But also, plenty of great players who are way more valuable in real football than FF

17 hours ago, LordOpie said:

And I do disagree.

The fun part of FF is actually playing FF and winning. All the endless debate isn't fun to me. 

Either way, your use of hyperbole declaring Julie dead in FF while projecting some pretty good stats is the real issue I was trying to address. Then you tried to turn it on its head and demand that I offer projections in order to express my opinion. 

Are you going to come back later and grade our projections?  I already said I can accept your projection, and a WR50 ranking, and that to me is NOT a player that is dead and to be ignored. 

I know DMD is not God and his projections are not Gospel. I don't even subscribe to the Huddle regularly anymore, though I do know they provide some great analysis. 

PS  No you are not right, you just have a different opinion than me...so why would be mad. Enjoy that dream though.

I think the impact his presence will have on the offense is more important than his stats. Obviously this is a fantasy site so we are more concerned with numbers. If he’s healthy and out there opposite Brown it’s going to take pressure off the run game and coverage off of Brown more than Davis was. This isn’t breaking news or a hot take I know, but as far as what he cost them in picks and contract they must have thought it was worth it.

Edited by Finn5033
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, stevegrab said:

The fun part of FF is actually playing FF and winning. All the endless debate isn't fun to me. 

Either way, your use of hyperbole declaring Julie dead in FF while projecting some pretty good stats is the real issue I was trying to address. Then you tried to turn it on its head and demand that I offer projections in order to express my opinion. 

Are you going to come back later and grade our projections?  I already said I can accept your projection, and a WR50 ranking, and that to me is NOT a player that is dead and to be ignored. 

I know DMD is not God and his projections are not Gospel. I don't even subscribe to the Huddle regularly anymore, though I do know they provide some great analysis. 

PS  No you are not right, you just have a different opinion than me...so why would be mad. Enjoy that dream though.

Totally agreed on the Julio not being dead thing, that statement really has no validity. 

However, in regard to the bolded part, if that's true, being part of a message part has to be difficult for you. 

• Haha 1

Who do they have outside AJ Brown? Corey Davis who came to life last year was good, he's gone, their TE is gone. They were hurting without another WR.  I think it's a good trade. Of course good depends on how well JJ plays, but it would seem to gives them more flexibility. 

1 hour ago, purplemonster said:

Who do they have outside AJ Brown? Corey Davis who came to life last year was good, he's gone, their TE is gone. They were hurting without another WR.  I think it's a good trade. Of course good depends on how well JJ plays, but it would seem to gives them more flexibility. 

It's not a bad trade, the $$$$ is a little tough to swallow but for Fantasy Football I feel like it's not an ideal system for him. Tannehill isn't Ryan, he's more of a game manager. If Tennessee can figure out how to use him they'll be fine. That's a big If