[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cousins signs 1-year extension with Vikings

Big John

19 hours ago, Finn5033 said:

Ugh, they had to do something. At least it lowered his cap hit this year by 14 mil. I’m so torn on him, his numbers are great and they didn’t have a better option but me and many other fans were ready to move on.

2 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Has anyone stole more money over his career?  Sam Bradford stole a ton for doing nothing at all. 

5 hours ago, gilthorp said:

I want his agent to negotiate anything on my behalf. Crazy how much he has gotten paid.

I was just looking this up before you mentioned it LC, Sam Bradford and Brock Osweiler were the two that came to mind. Bradford is at 130M, Osweiler at 40M. Cousins after 2023 will be at 230M. That is really impressive money for a guy who has done jack squat

The list of NFL QBs who have made 10s of (or even 100+) millions without doing much is pretty long. Mark Sanchez $74M in 10 seasons, Case Keenum over $44M and still going. Heck Johnny Manziel made over $7M in just 2 seasons and 14 games played. 

Not sure how anybody determines who is really worth anything close to what they paid, do we measure SB wins, playoff wins or something else against their millions? I suspect Tom Brady would be the best bargain in NFL in that case. $290M (without 2022) for 21 seasons, with 7 SB wins (one every 3 years), 5 SB MVPs, won 35 of 47 playoff games...

16 hours ago, stevegrab said:

The list of NFL QBs who have made 10s of (or even 100+) millions without doing much is pretty long. Mark Sanchez $74M in 10 seasons, Case Keenum over $44M and still going. Heck Johnny Manziel made over $7M in just 2 seasons and 14 games played. 

Not sure how anybody determines who is really worth anything close to what they paid, do we measure SB wins, playoff wins or something else against their millions? I suspect Tom Brady would be the best bargain in NFL in that case. $290M (without 2022) for 21 seasons, with 7 SB wins (one every 3 years), 5 SB MVPs, won 35 of 47 playoff games...

I would say you are right, he has been an incredible bargain compared to how much he has been worth. 

It is the nature of the position, we rag on Cousins, but he is legitimately top 10 or close in the world for a difficult job that most everyone would do if they could. So is he a scrub? No, he's talented, and he gives teams a chance anyway, which puts fans in the seats and the revenue flowing. But as far as actually winning anything other than keeping most teams around .500, we don't have much.  So his value is exactly what he is being paid apparently, we just get to sit back and marvel at it.