[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Darren Waller thinks he's TE1

darin3

2 hours ago, darin3 said:

Darren Waller ranked his top-5 TEs in the NFL

Of course he ranked himself #1 - which he's not, but gotta love the confidence.

That said, it's a good list.  I think I may have Andrews over Kittle in terms of a pass-catcher, but Kittle excels at run-blocking, which is critical to the success of the SFO offense.

Thoughts?

Well hes a lot closer than Chase Claypool is to a top 3 receiver!  Although Chase's ceiling could be pretty high if he puts it together. I do like Waller but not sure exactly where to rank him in drafts. Since I am not sure and the price is high I usually just avoid it. The addition of Adams raises a few question marks too. 

I don't think I have an opinion on Andrews and Kittle, they seem right at the same tier to me. Pitts only has a season so can't really rank, he could be above or below those guys. Kelce is 33 this year and getting a fair amount of mileage so I guess we'll see how long he can keep it up. Hes played a lot of tough football the last 4 years.

Regardless I'd put all 4 clearly above Waller. 

Edited by purplemonster
  • Like 1

I don't think Waller is 1, especially with the addition of Adams but he's top 5.

Kelce and Andrews are clearly 1 and 2 and an argument could be made for each as top dog. Pitts is 3 for me and then it's Waller. After those 4, it's Shultz, Kittle and Hock. 

4 hours ago, irish said:

I don't think Waller is 1, especially with the addition of Adams but he's top 5.

Kelce and Andrews are clearly 1 and 2 and an argument could be made for each as top dog. Pitts is 3 for me and then it's Waller. After those 4, it's Shultz, Kittle and Hock. 

If I was drafting today it would be Mandrews, Kelce and Pitts. One can argue that Waller is right there at 4 or 5 but I don't see the value. I'd rather wait and grab Freirmuth later on to maximize that value. 

On 7/3/2022 at 3:39 AM, irish said:

That's about where I'm at.