[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Keeper Question

CMACK870

Curious about your league's scoring because that can make a difference. I'm also assuming you have a TE-slot in your team's positions (not all do).

Non-PPR: Keep Pitts, Chase, and Javonte (trade McCaffrey)

PPR (half or full): Keep Pitts, Chase, and McCaffrey (trade Javonte)

McCaffery is an obvious health risk after the past two years, but his production when healthy is too good to pass up in a PPR league.

Non-PPR, I'd prefer to go with the younger Javonte, who should have the majority of backfield touches this year moving forward.

Russell Wilson was among the bottom 5 of throwing to the RB position, so it's not me doubting Javonte's receiving prowess.

4 minutes ago, CMACK870 said:

Thanks guys.  It is 12 team, non-ppr.  If I can trade CMC for Breece Hall, and keep Javonte, is that a fair trade.  Next year we are going to 4 keepers.  So I would have Pitts, Chase, Hall and Javonte for as one as I want.

Sounds like a plan! I would consider trying to get more for CMC if you can such as an additional draft pick, but in the end with the age difference and health differential, those 4 potential keepers sound great.

1 hour ago, CMACK870 said:

Thanks guys.  It is 12 team, non-ppr.  If I can trade CMC for Breece Hall, and keep Javonte, is that a fair trade.  Next year we are going to 4 keepers.  So I would have Pitts, Chase, Hall and Javonte for as one as I want.

I'm confused, are you trading CMC for another player or a draft pick? Hall is a rookie so it sounds like you're trying to trade CMC for a pick that allows you draft Hall. Otherwise you'd need a 4th keeper slot to have Hall for the start of 2022 season if you were trading CMC for Hall. 

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

I'm confused, are you trading CMC for another player or a draft pick? Hall is a rookie so it sounds like you're trying to trade CMC for a pick that allows you draft Hall. Otherwise you'd need a 4th keeper slot to have Hall for the start of 2022 season if you were trading CMC for Hall. 

Correct,.  Simply put, trading CMC would allow me to keep Javonte and draft Hall with the first overall pick.  So  I would be essentially be trading CMC for Javonte and Hall.  And next year, we are going to 4 keepers, so I would be able to keep Chase, Pitts, Hall and Javonte 

Edited by CMACK870

21 hours ago, CMACK870 said:

Correct,.  Simply put, trading CMC would allow me to keep Javonte and draft Hall with the first overall pick.  So  I would be essentially be trading CMC for Javonte and Hall.  And next year, we are going to 4 keepers, so I would be able to keep Chase, Pitts, Hall and Javonte 

Thanks for confirming. If you can pull off the trade that would be great, it also means somebody (who has #1 overall pic) in your league needs to value CMC over who they would keep instead + Hall who they could draft with that first overall pick. 

My keeper league is similar in that you can keep them forever, and we keep 5 (of 9 starters). Rarely see top talent traded for a first round pick, let alone the #1 overall. But then some owners just don't like trading. 

22 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Thanks for confirming. If you can pull off the trade that would be great, it also means somebody (who has #1 overall pic) in your league needs to value CMC over who they would keep instead + Hall who they could draft with that first overall pick. 

My keeper league is similar in that you can keep them forever, and we keep 5 (of 9 starters). Rarely see top talent traded for a first round pick, let alone the #1 overall. But then some owners just don't like trading. 

Awesome.  Thank you for your help.

• 3 weeks later...