[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Akers: where's he end up? Worth a hold?

FinishTheDrill

Akers was dropped and then picked up and then dropped in my league.  Does a RB hungry team grab him or will he be a non factor for this season or both?

Just wondering out loud.   

He was never high on my radar, even pre season during draft when the hype was big I didnt like him at ADP.   Now that he is simply discarded, does he have RB2 value or will he be in perpetual bench stash time share rb4 land?

I had him as a keeper going into this season, and dropped him before last weekend. He cleared waivers and is still sitting there. We have very deep bench in our 12 team league, we start 9 and have 9 on bench. 

He's a bench stash if you like, but could go unrostered in many leagues. 

• Thanks 1

I also had him and recently dropped him for another banking on being picked up by a team by the trade deadline player OBJ. Since I dropped Akers, he cleared Waivers and still sits as a Free Agents on the list. I am going to wait and see on both of them until after the trade deadline and see what happens. 

1 minute ago, Holy Tuck said:

I also had him and recently dropped him for another banking on being picked up by a team by the trade deadline player OBJ. Since I dropped Akers, he cleared Waivers and still sits as a Free Agents on the list. I am going to wait and see on both of them until after the trade deadline and see what happens. 

Just to confirm, you now have OBJ but not Akers. But are monitoring the situation for both regarding NFL trades. 

Sounds like OBJ and the Rams continue to talk, at least as recently as a couple of weeks ago when he was hoping for a better offer than what they had made, and McVay said they were still working with him. I was confused some on his NFL status when I looked in CBS fantasy because it lists him as a Ram and reports his injury status relative to their next game. 

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

Just to confirm, you now have OBJ but not Akers. But are monitoring the situation for both regarding NFL trades. 

Sounds like OBJ and the Rams continue to talk, at least as recently as a couple of weeks ago when he was hoping for a better offer than what they had made, and McVay said they were still working with him. I was confused some on his NFL status when I looked in CBS fantasy because it lists him as a Ram and reports his injury status relative to their next game. 

Yes, I do not have Akers and have OBJ.

I may end up after the trade deadline is said and done and next week not having OBJ either and picking up some other player entirely different that might be dropping from now to then. 

Edited by Holy Tuck

Why would somebody in fantasy acquire Akers after the trade deadline? Especially with news that he may never suit up for the Rams the rest of the year (see below)?

I was surprised when I saw the roster move on our waiver run today, and the same owner dropped Rashaad Penny. That was surprising to me, until I read that Penny was going to have surgery and miss the rest of the season. So that part makes sense but not adding Akers. Is the resolution going to be the Rams just cutting him so he becomes a free agent? 

I don't get it. Especially on a roster that has 2 good starting RBs (Cook & Monty) and nothing else but injured Elija Mitchell. 

image.png.b8edf0f61c806cec7eb86fc88fee44ff.png

10 minutes ago, gijoerock said:

Cam Akers is a very skilled RB who missed a blocking assignment and returning from a serious injury. He deserves a do over with another team. I would cut the guy loose if you have no desire to bring him back to the Rams. 

What I don't get is what happened from last year. He came back from the injury and played throughout the playoffs, not stellar numbers and Henderson was out except for SB (33% of snaps). Then Akers was supposed to be the starter, get the lions share. I used a keeper slot on the guy, instead of Hunt or somebody else. Then after 1 week he was garbage, then he wants out, doesn't get traded and now he'll just sit on the bench waiting to be released.

Not sure what benefit there is to the Rams to release him. If they lose Henderson they may need him. It appears he doesn't play ST (not even his rookie season) so other RBs are of more use on the active roster. 

It just seemed really odd to see him added after he didn't get traded. Maybe the owner put in the waiver claim before the trade deadline thinking it would work out, then forgot.