[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rest of season rankings question

Ramhock

I'm using another site for fantasy info (not a Huddle subscriber at this time) and they have Chubb ranked 6th with Ekeler, CMC, Barkley, Henry & Jacobs ahead of him (followed by Mixon, Kamara, Cook, Jones).  

Chubb is 2nd in weekly scoring in my fantasy league (no PPR), Henry is #1 (rest of top 10 Ekeler, Barkley, Jacobs, CMC, Mixon, Patterson, Hall, Jamaal Williams).

I suspect those offering ROS values see a reduced load with Hunt being used more, or the team throwing more when Watson returns. 

Also if those ROS rankings are for PPR use, he doesn't do much of that, only 10 receptions this season (Ekeler=60, CMC=43, Barkley=28, Jacobs=25).

On 11/9/2022 at 7:40 AM, stevegrab said:

I suspect those offering ROS values see a reduced load with Hunt being used more, or the team throwing more when Watson returns. 

Any input into whether they were 'saving up Hunt in case he got traded? I have seen that bandied about but Chubb is such a beast I am not sure that narrative needs to be true 

33 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

Any input into whether they were 'saving up Hunt in case he got traded? I have seen that bandied about but Chubb is such a beast I am not sure that narrative needs to be true 

I haven't heard much locally, but I also don't follow sports talk radio. I had forgotten he missed so many games (9) last year. 

I think they were saving him a bit, but also just using Chubb as usual and some more passing as Cooper, Njoku and others developed. Then in that final game before the bye it seemed like they unleashed him, almost as a last dangle of the carrot to GMs who had been making offers to sweeten the deal. I'm not sure he can get a lot more opportunity in this offense while Chubb is healthy. Maybe if they had trouble running the ball and used him more as a receiver. 

Some numbers

rushing attempts per game 2020=12.8, 21=9.8, 22=9.6

targets per game 2020=3.2, 21=3.4, 22=2.9

snap counts 2020=52%, 21=44%, 22=48%

So he's on the field about as much now as in the prior 2 seasons (full time with Browns), but is getting fewer carries but similar carries. 

I'll ask. I don't do those. I would assume it has something to do with lack of receptions, but I'll find out. Chubb is remarkably consistent which alone is valuable.

1) It's PPR, and Chubb doesn't catch passes. Neither does Henry, but Chubb has a much more capable backup.

2) Everyone above him is the focus of their offense. You could make a case for Chubb over Jones because GB is so inconsistent, but Jones is a dual-threat in a way that Chubb is not.

3) DeShaun Watson is almost back. Hard to imagine there isn't some move toward more passing once that happens. It is "rest of the season," so I'm anticipating his role shrinking a bit once Watson is QB1.

That's why Chubb stays mid-tier.

Interesting reasoning, I find #2 a bit odd as Chubb is about as much the focus of the offense as you can find. Yes the points in #1 are true (not a big pass catcher, has a more capable backup) but Chubb is still in the top few rushing attempts and yards. Chubb has 164 touches, Barkley 198.  I guess that with NYG there isn't as much offense outside of Barkley as the Browns have.