[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

GM AWOL

Dcat

20+ year league.  I am Commish.

The last place team faced my team last week (week 10) and failed to set a lineup, gifting me a win.  His last activity noted on Yahoo was Sunday 11/6 at noon (week 9), just after inactives were reported for week 9.  At noon last Sunday, 11/13, I noticed his lineup and texted him to see if all was ok.  As Commish, I will adjust lineups if a GM says he can't log in for whatever reason.  No response.  I also sent a message to the rest of the league about it.  So of course my team won and here is the important part...  had he set a lineup, I would have lost by 20+.    Since then, I sent the AWOL GM another text and an email.  Checked his facebook to see if there was any news.  Nothing there.  

Assuming no response.....   how should I handle this moving forward if he does not show up?  Should I get a surrogate GM to manage the team?  Should I just leave the stale lineup from week 10 and allow his opponents easy wins (like mine was) for the next 5 weeks?   After all, I didn't make any adjustments for week 10 allowing myself an easy victory.  If I make adjustments moving forward, it would look bad.

I think I either leave it alone with the stale lineup for the next 5 weeks, or I find a surrogate GM to take over.  Also,  this is a $200 entry fee league that all GMs paid.

Edited by Dcat

When I see these , the first thing you hope is the person is OK. They generally are and are just slagging on the line up. Once that is determined , if you still cant get in touch with him , alert the league that you will be commandeering his line up . You may catch some heat because you had a freebie win against him but going forward , its best for the league 

Uggh that blows, kind of agree with Whomper not much you can do about last week. 

I do wonder, did he just have a bad line-up (players who were injured on bye or just bad options) or did he have a completely empty line-up? (I know some league or fantasy sites require a complete line-up to be entered each week, but ours is not like that and it is not uncommon to see the same players start week after week.)

If there is a lot of complaint from the league over your easy win, is it possible for you to alter that result, maybe to a tie. 

22 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Uggh that blows, kind of agree with Whomper not much you can do about last week. 

I do wonder, did he just have a bad line-up (players who were injured on bye or just bad options) or did he have a completely empty line-up? (I know some league or fantasy sites require a complete line-up to be entered each week, but ours is not like that and it is not uncommon to see the same players start week after week.)

If there is a lot of complaint from the league over your easy win, is it possible for you to alter that result, maybe to a tie. 

he started Boyd and James Robinson (byes) and Kyler Murray (out due to injury).  He had Daniel Jones, Pollard, Mooney and Aiyuk on his bench.  That would have been enough to defeat me by a considerable margin.  He fielded his week 9 line-up into week 10.

Edited by Dcat
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

he had Boyd and James Robinson (byes) and Kyler Murray (out due to injury).  He had Daniel Jones, Pollard, Mooney and Aiyuk on his bench.  That would have been enough to defeat me by a considerable margin.  He fielded his week 9 line-up into week 10.

Yes that's pretty bad, players on a bye or clearly out from early in the week tell me they're just not paying attention.

That used to rarely happen in our league, but this season I noticed on in a game with my opponent, the next week I noticed another and going back thru lineups I found it happened 8 times in 10 weeks. One owner had half of those, including Julie Jones in back to back weeks. Only one was a player on bye, but all the others were clearly not going to play based on inactive lists, some known to be out a day or two before the game. Sometimes I think people just let their roster roll forward, maybe planning make a change or two mid week. But if they forget they don't look again until its too late. 

Update: Just received a humble apologetic text for the neglect.  So it looks like he'll be fielding a competitive lineup moving ahead.  
I got an undeserved win and I'm the commish.  Those 2 things never look good together, but that's what it is.

You informed the league when you noticed, you got the owner to get back to managing their team. You did what you could. 

If he were playing somebody else they might have got the easy win, and the bad lineup may not even be noticed. 

Edited by stevegrab

5 hours ago, Dcat said:

Update: Just received a humble apologetic text for the neglect.  So it looks like he'll be fielding a competitive lineup moving ahead.  
I got an undeserved win and I'm the commish.  Those 2 things never look good together, but that's what it is.

It is what it is, you did due diligence. 

Our league was also a $200 buy in and I had one guy bail at the beginning (before payment) and I have 2 others that aren't very mentally invested and forget to fix their line ups.  I keep an eye every week and reach out when necessary to avoid the issue but if someone doesn't fix it and doesn't respond shortly after kickoff, so be it.  For the guy that bailed, I just set his line up every week based on Yahoo projections.  His former team is comfortably in 6th and with WW management could advance, unfortunately I can't do that.  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Dcat said:

10 hours ago, Ramhock said:

Take the L.

9 hours ago, Dcat said:

Yeah.  I'll get right on that. :okay:

So now they will field a competitive lineup 😉and you got a gift win… commish privileges 101 😂🤓