[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Geno apparently back to Seattle

Bobby Brown

47 minutes ago, darin3 said:

I heard on NFL Radio that it's like $70MM guaranteed!  :blink:

I was expecting a deal somewhat similar to Carr, but not quite there, once he set the market.  Geno certainly had a better year than Carr last year; without the obvious track record as a starter.   

He's making making Jared Goff money for 2 or maybe 3 years. Sounds about right.

Edited by Bobby Brown

3 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Do you think this move prevents them from drafting Anthony Richardson or Levis. I think they should still draft either if there. Richardson is an interesting project. 

Not at all.  If anything it gives them more flexibility to go in any direction.   It's not like they have a long term commitment with Geno Smith (my guess it'll be 2 years guaranteed).  

11 minutes ago, Bobby Brown said:

Not at all.  If anything it gives them more flexibility to go in any direction.   It's not like they have a long term commitment with Geno Smith (my guess it'll be 2 years guaranteed).  

Another subject, but what do you think the likelihood is of Seattle resigning Penny? I'm hoping the Saints can get him to replace/compliment Kamara.

35 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

Another subject, but what do you think the likelihood is of Seattle resigning Penny? I'm hoping the Saints can get him to replace/compliment Kamara.

They will likely try to sign him to a small deal as a 1b to Walker.  If a team values him as a 1A, he's likely gone. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Bobby Brown said:

They will likely try to sign him to a small deal as a 1b to Walker.  If a team values him as a 1A, he's likely gone. 

With his history I can't see any other team putting that much stock in him. If Seattle is intent on keeping him around then I agree it's more likely he stays. I'm mainly wondering if he will want a better opportunity to start somewhere. I'd love to see him pull a Priest Holmes somewhere.

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

What if I told you this a year ago? Sorry, that's insane for a backup who played well over his head for 1 season. 

The closest comparison was always thought to be Tannehill who turned 1 good year into 90 million and 3 years guaranteed.  If Geno plays like he did last year, the contract will look more than alright.  If he busts it sounds like the cap hit is short term.  

It's starting to feel like the system Seattle runs might be a big part of the perceived QB quality.

6 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

?? You're still an A-Hole 

:tab:

BTW, where does Sanders & Scott end up? Sanders had his best season and fits that Eagles offense well. Do you think they'll tag him?

3 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

:tab:

BTW, where does Sanders & Scott end up? Sanders had his best season and fits that Eagles offense well. Do you think they'll tag him?

They won't tag him, I think they'll draft a RB, probably with their second 1st round pick and pair them with Gainwell. They love Gainwell, he's much like Pollard. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

They won't tag him, I think they'll draft a RB, probably with their second 1st round pick and pair them with Gainwell. They love Gainwell, he's much like Pollard. 

He'd be a good fit for the Saints, but I don't think he can carry a full load like Kamara could. They'd still need to look for a complimentary back.

1 minute ago, rajncajn said:

He'd be a good fit for the Saints, but I don't think he can carry a full load like Kamara could. They'd still need to look for a complimentary back.

Sanders is a very good back he just has problems holding onto the ball. He had some crucial fumbles. He'd be an amazing complimentary back somewhere though. 

To hear Geno tell it he wasn't really that surprised that he played well and he didn't sound cocky about it. He just said that he had been playing well for the last couple years but never really had a chance to show it. I think the stats mostly bore that out. That said they're going to have a lot more tape on him now. But I was surprised how steady he was last year

6 hours ago, League_Champion said:

He was not all that good the last five games of the season. 

So his bad part of the season was nearly 70% completion and on the better side of 2 TDs per INT.  He also had Seattle up at half in the playoffs until the superior opponent imposed themselves on Seattle's defense.  He got the contract based on a season long performance

Edited by Bobby Brown
  • Like 1