[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Nothing says credibility like.....

Bobby Brown

5 hours ago, stevegrab said:

What does Fox gain by getting rid of Tucker now. 

Some of the email and texts released showed Tucker was highly critical of Trump, Fox Viewers, and some Fox employees at a minimum. There was a lot of stuff redacted we didn't see.  Maybe some was inflammatory towards Fox execs or the big man himself.

If egos got hurt, maybe the ratings weren't worth it anymore.  The settlement provides a minor bonus of appearing to have some degree of integrity.

9 hours ago, gilthorp said:

Someone has to since you type your way into an utter nonsense corner quite often. Let me know when you plan on playing the victim card. TIA.

You seem to want to argue about it. It's not worth arguing about.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bobby Brown said:

Some of the email and texts released showed Tucker was highly critical of Trump, Fox Viewers, and some Fox employees at a minimum. There was a lot of stuff redacted we didn't see.  Maybe some was inflammatory towards Fox execs or the big man himself.

If egos got hurt, maybe the ratings weren't worth it anymore.  The settlement provides a minor bonus of appearing to have some degree of integrity.

I saw something that was saying the January 6 coverage had a lot to do with it. It'll be interesting to see what he puts out when he gets his feet under him. If for nothing else than the slow moving train wreck that this entire debacle is. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see Fox News as a completely different entity within the next year cutting ties with all of their hard right commentators.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, rajncajn said:

The only difference between the Fox lie and the other lies is that there was an actual entity willing to file a grievance and an actual law suit and jury willing to find in their favor. Don't ever kid yourself. Media outlets feed you bullmanure that they know not to be true all the time.

Spare me the false equivalencies that are ever present in the online comment world. You can be better than that, and you have been at times. 

40 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

I saw something that was saying the January 6 coverage had a lot to do with it. It'll be interesting to see what he puts out when he gets his feet under him. If for nothing else than the slow moving train wreck that this entire debacle is. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see Fox News as a completely different entity within the next year cutting ties with all of their hard right commentators.

That would be amazing, since it will surely have a lot of their audience leaving. I'm sure some already have after Tucker got canned. So not only do they have to fork over almost $800 million, they'll still lose the viewers they were worried about losing when they decided to spread these lies. 

1 minute ago, stevegrab said:

Spare me the false equivalencies that are ever present in the online comment world. You can be better than that, and you have been at times. 

That's such a high horse you all ride on. Damn, you guys want to fight about everything.  Which news broacast is more full of manure. This is on a completely new level.  It's ok for you to disagree and move on. :lol:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

That's such a high horse you all ride on. Damn, you guys want to fight about everything.  Which news broacast is more full of manure. This is on a completely new level.  It's ok for you to disagree and move on. :lol:

The only difference between this post and some of your other dense  posts is nothing.

1 hour ago, gilthorp said:

The only difference between this post and some of your other dense  posts is nothing.

I'm not here to be your new whipping boy. We have a difference of opinion. I'm respectfully asking that you just let it go at that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rajncajn said:

Nothing is new here.  Your routine schtick consists of initially criticizing something that is monumentally or historically egregious.  Then quickly pivoting to how everyone does it and it really isn't that egregious. Then getting annoyed/upset when you get called on itm

It's okay to move on and find a new schtick

It was a petri dish for an assault on our democracy, with Dominion, Jan 6, etc.

There is no equivalent because they knew it was all blatant lies and didn't stop. Kept going for viewership and profit. Need to round the sheeple. 

By the way, TC got canned because of a pending lawsuit, but the Qdopes are going to tell you it was because he took on big spam and the deep state took him down.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Bobby Brown said:

Nothing is new here.  Your routine schtick consists of initially criticizing something that is monumentally or historically egregious.  Then quickly pivoting to how everyone does it and it really isn't that egregious. Then getting annoyed/upset when you get called on itm

It's okay to move on and find a new schtick

I wasn't criticizing you, I was criticizing media. Why that would offend you to the point of throwing insults is completely beyond me. But I guess you somehow feel like you are defending your beliefs, so I apologize for casting aspersions at your sources of knowledge. I tend to look at all sources of media with a very critical and untrusting eye. We obviously disagree with the level of distrust that is warranted. That's not a slight against you or your beliefs.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, rajncajn said:

blah blah blah I make bogus comparisons and then get offended when they're pointed out

2 hours ago, stevegrab said:

blah blah blah I make bogus comparisons and then get offended when they're pointed out

:lol: I'm pretty certain I'm not the one who's offended here. It doesn't really matter to me if you agree or not.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

You may not be offended, but you are acting like a troll. 

By apologizing for offending others and asking them not to argue about something I don't care enough to argue about? :wacko:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, gilthorp said:

I advised Rajn a while ago that being the only one arguing back and forth with the Graber is never a good look and to avoid it. As usual, he didn't listen when all I'm doing is looking after him.

That's what I like about you gil. Whether we agree or disagree, no matter how passionate we get about a subject, I know your heart is always in the right place.

Bobby on the other hand just enjoys being a chivesnozzle. :shades:

Edited by rajncajn

17 hours ago, rajncajn said:

By apologizing for offending others and asking them not to argue about something I don't care enough to argue about? :wacko:

Maybe offended isn't the right word, but annoyed and upset as Bobby said. You take these stands, then people point out its wrong (like how all the media feeds us BS and that's the same as Fox spreading lies for ratings for an extended period) and you take offense.

IMHO the trolling comes with the responses and the attempts to dispatch the real conversation with humor.

• Confused 1