[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Nothing says credibility like.....

Bobby Brown

5 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Maybe offended isn't the right word, but annoyed and upset as Bobby said. You take these stands, then people point out its wrong (like how all the media feeds us BS and that's the same as Fox spreading lies for ratings for an extended period) and you take offense.

IMHO the trolling comes with the responses and the attempts to dispatch the real conversation with humor.

I wasn't taking offense from any of you disagreeing with me. That would be childish. There was no "real conversation." There was me making a statement,  y'all wanting to argue with me over that statement,  me basically saying "ok, I'm not going to argue about it" then you insisting I'm upset and offended. 

The only difference here today versus a few months ago is that nobody is going to get their panties in a wad and cry to DMD over something because we are grown ass men. Low info child has seemed to have left the building. 

Bad memes can be laughed at still though. 

On 4/26/2023 at 2:03 PM, Bobby Brown said:

Dominion Energy and Dominion Voting?  Both sides pretty much do the same thing.....

That lie about Blackrock owning Dominion voting was being posted repeatedly in the comments on one online story I had read. When I corrected one person they actually apologized and said they just hadn't checked the information. Which is the problem, they are so willing to believe what feed their narrative they don't even consider it might not be accurate. 

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

That lie about Blackrock owning Dominion voting was being posted repeatedly in the comments on one online story I had read. When I corrected one person they actually apologized and said they just hadn't checked the information. Which is the problem, they are so willing to believe what feed their narrative they don't even consider it might not be accurate. 

Everyone is the hero of their own story and the smart guy who never gets duped.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Sounds like Smartmatic will also be getting a big chunk of money from Fox whether it be by trial or settlement (probably the latter).  Apparently Dominion still has pending suits with Newsmax, OAN, Giuliani, Powell, Lindell...etc etc...

Defamation suits are extremely difficult to win with the 1st amendment in place. So the downplay attempts are pretty comical.   

You know....... the only difference between illegal libel and slander, on a monumental scale, appears to depend on whether or not you are right wing gutter trash media outlet feeding a target audience.   

It's really the only difference.  

"A couple of weeks ago, I was watching video of people fighting on the street in Washington.  A group of Trump guys surrounded an Antifa kid and started pounding the living s**t out of him. It was three against one, at least. Jumping a guy like that is dishonorable obviously. It's not how white men fight. Yet suddenly I found myself rooting for the mob against the man, hoping they'd hit him harder, kill him. I really wanted them to hurt the kid. I could taste it."

Tucker Carlson.

You know, there really isn't a difference between Walter Conkrite and Tucker Carlson.  Pretty much the same person.

15 hours ago, Bobby Brown said:

"A couple of weeks ago, I was watching video of people fighting on the street in Washington.  A group of Trump guys surrounded an Antifa kid and started pounding the living s**t out of him. It was three against one, at least. Jumping a guy like that is dishonorable obviously. It's not how white men fight. Yet suddenly I found myself rooting for the mob against the man, hoping they'd hit him harder, kill him. I really wanted them to hurt the kid. I could taste it."

Tucker Carlson.

You know, there really isn't a difference between Walter Conkrite and Tucker Carlson.  Pretty much the same person.

Despicable. I had not seen this one, it was not surprising and it is being reported in many places (CNN, WaPo, NYT, CBS etc.) I would have used Fox if I found a link to a story there, so I provided one that's a bit less mainstream. Apparently the "breaking news" part of this is speculation it was the reason he wsa fired.

There's also a bit more in this linked story than I saw in others, or in your quote, including part of Tucker's text that started "I shouldn’t gloat over his suffering. I should be bothered by it. " So it seems he was kind of realizing he was becoming somebody he didn't want to be. 

https://www.unilad.com/news/tucker-carlson-text-message-revealed-fox-news-204147-20230504

And sadly our recently elected GOP US Senator from Ohio JD Vance defends Tucker. 

https://www.businessinsider.com/tucker-carlson-text-jd-vance-white-men-senators-2023-5

I was surprised by the text contents.  As above a little search turns up the rest of it.  Feel free to judge the guy but do so with all the info.

Carlson wrote in the message that as he watched the video “somewhere deep in my brain, an alarm went off: this isn’t good for me. I’m becoming something I don’t want to be.”

“The Antifa creep is a human being. Much as I despise what he says and does, much as I’m sure I’d hate him personally if I knew him, I shouldn’t gloat over his suffering,” the host said. “I should be bothered by it. I should remember that somewhere somebody probably loves this kid, and would be crushed if he was killed. If I don’t care about those things, if I reduce people to their politics, how am I better than he is?”

54 minutes ago, 1fastdoc said:

I was surprised by the text contents.  As above a little search turns up the rest of it.  Feel free to judge the guy but do so with all the info.

Carlson wrote in the message that as he watched the video “somewhere deep in my brain, an alarm went off: this isn’t good for me. I’m becoming something I don’t want to be.”

“The Antifa creep is a human being. Much as I despise what he says and does, much as I’m sure I’d hate him personally if I knew him, I shouldn’t gloat over his suffering,” the host said. “I should be bothered by it. I should remember that somewhere somebody probably loves this kid, and would be crushed if he was killed. If I don’t care about those things, if I reduce people to their politics, how am I better than he is?”

I think the only real thing you can take away from the released text and consider it something really bad is when he specifically says white people don't fight like that. Its pretty much implying that black people do, which dehumanizes and generalized black people. He's obviously referring to the big uptick in groups of black people piling on someone or attacking people just for the hell of it.  The Kamara fight is a good example of something similar. What you don't get in these text releases are any context at all. You don't know what or who he's replying to and that does often matter. The rest of it just seems like human nature. It's the bad part of human nature,  yeah,  but he obviously recognizes that and justifiably showed shame and remorse for feeling that way.

Honestly,  I couldn't really care less about Tucker Carlson, which is why I haven't chimed in much here. I don't watch Fox news, much less his show. Occasionally I'll see one of his monologues when other people are talking about something he said, but he's not someone I would seek out or miss if he were gone. 

5 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

I think the only real thing you can take away from the released text and consider it something really bad is when he specifically says white people don't fight like that. Its pretty much implying that black people do, which dehumanizes and generalized black people. He's obviously referring to the big uptick in groups of black people piling on someone or attacking people just for the hell of it.  The Kamara fight is a good example of something similar. What you don't get in these text releases are any context at all. You don't know what or who he's replying to and that does often matter. The rest of it just seems like human nature. It's the bad part of human nature,  yeah,  but he obviously recognizes that and justifiably showed shame and remorse for feeling that way.

Honestly,  I couldn't really care less about Tucker Carlson, which is why I haven't chimed in much here. I don't watch Fox news, much less his show. Occasionally I'll see one of his monologues when other people are talking about something he said, but he's not someone I would seek out or miss if he were gone. 

I don't watch any news.  My info on this came from here first lol.  In this case the follow up means he has some human qualities but there's really no damage control for the not how white people fight line.  I'd say his career is over but this is America.  He'll probably be on a different show making more money after a nice 2 year vacation and nobody will care about this anymore.  

Just now, 1fastdoc said:

I don't watch any news.  My info on this came from here first lol.  In this case the follow up means he has some human qualities but there's really no damage control for the not how white people fight line.  I'd say his career is over but this is America.  He'll probably be on a different show making more money after a nice 2 year vacation and nobody will care about this anymore.  

Lol, yeah, mine came from the Saints board first then here. Then I had a couple of podcasts pop up talking about it. The only news I really watch is the local news, maybe some of ABC news with David Muir and sometimes Sunday Morning with Jane Pauley. Most of the rest of them I can't stand. Even Muir is so overly dramatic it's ridiculous.

2 hours ago, Bobby Brown said:

I was not aware there was a documented statistically significant increase of the scary blacks attacking people for the hell of it.  

You're hilarious. Since George Floyd was killed and the BLM protests started, there have been a lot of cases of people being mobbed and beaten. I didn't think anyone would need a statistically documented study to see that. Just use the Google and plug in any large city and "mob attacks" or something similar and you will get plenty of the data you are looking for from local news sources. The most recent example that I know of  being the violence that occurred during the street takeover in Chicago.

At any rate, either your comprehension skills are severely lacking or you're just looking cherry-pick my statement as I was explaining to doc how Carlson was wrong for portraying blacks in this manner because it generalizes and de-humanizes them. It creates the assumption that all blacks act like that and whites do not, which is wrong and could very well be construed as racist and may well be.  But again,  not knowing the context of the discussion or anything else that was said,  you can only go by this one single excerpt.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

You're hilarious. Since George Floyd was killed and the BLM protests started, there have been a lot of cases of people being mobbed and beaten.

That's not what you said.  You said:

"...big uptick in groups of black people piling on someone or attacking people just for the hell of it. "

Which is a heckuva claim.  A claim that I think someone would be able substantiate before they made it.  So why don't you go ahead and unpack that with some supporting data.  Please educate me, with factual metrics,  in this sudden rise of the scary blacks attacking people for the hell of it.  

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Bobby Brown said:

That's not what you said.  You said:

"...big uptick in groups of black people piling on someone or attacking people just for the hell of it. "

Which is a heckuva claim.  A claim that I think someone would be able substantiate before they made it.  So why don't you go ahead and unpack that with some supporting data.  Please educate me, with factual metrics,  in this sudden rise of the scary blacks attacking people for the hell of it.  

Dude, I'm referring to the assumption Tucker Carlson is making based on what has been reported in the news. And since the George Floyd killing, there have been a lot of these incidences reported in the news. As I said, all you have to do is a simple search to find them.

8 hours ago, rajncajn said:

Dude, I'm referring to the assumption Tucker Carlson is making 

Well, it didn't seem all that clear to me you were rationalizing assumptions for Tucker Carlson (nor did it for the person who texted me regarding your comment).  

To me it came across as a statement you were making....a big uptick of black people being violent....with the "obvious" part.

Rationalizing assumptions for Tucker. But you don't hold those beliefs. 

Got it. 

11 hours ago, Bobby Brown said:

Well, it didn't seem all that clear to me you were rationalizing assumptions for Tucker Carlson (nor did it for the person who texted me regarding your comment).  

To me it came across as a statement you were making....a big uptick of black people being violent....with the "obvious" part.

Rationalizing assumptions for Tucker. But you don't hold those beliefs. 

Got it. 

You completely missed the point of the post. That it's WRONG to point to a color of a person doing something wrong and make a connection that color played a part in it. He does that when he says "WHITE people don't fight like that." I said that it was obvious that those instances where a group of black guys have attacked people for no apparent reason was what he was referring to. It is a phenomenon that seems to be occurring more often based on what I've seen reported on the news, but the only reason I brought ot up and specified black guys was because, logically, I knew that's what he was referencing. No, I don't have hard data to back that up, because it's not a statement, it's an observation used in the context of the point of the post. It was an observation based solely on what I've seen over the past few years that I am relating to what he said.  I am also not looking to make some sort of statement or commentary on black people other than the fact that it is wrong for Tucker Carlson to project that stereotype on black people based on said phenomenon because it is generalizing and dehumanizing. How can you be so hypersensitive to anything racial that you think I'm saying something about "the scary blacks" when I'm talking about Carlson being wrong for making that very same connection?

And seriously,  you guys are texting manure back and forth about me?  Why would you even tell me that?

Furthermore, you say that I'm rationalizing Tucker Carlson. I was responding to doc's post, who was specifically talking about Carlson's comment about the antifa kid getting attacked. Which, to me, seemed to actually be a thoughtful statement and indicative of basic human nature and compassion. What I was pointing out was the part of the text that I thought was more problematic than the one everyone seems to be more focused on. If you want to call that rationalizing Tucker Carlson, then you go right ahead.  I'm perfectly fine with being accused of looking at something rationally before drawing conclusion and judgement. 

Edited by rajncajn