[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mnf

Anonymouse

11 hours ago, gijoerock said:

IMG_20230911_201522.jpg

Milano is one dirty NFL player.  Romanowski-like.  His dirty hit last year ended Mike White's season.  He's gonna get his one of these days and the payback is going to be a real b*tch for the Bills' overrated defense.

16 hours ago, tylcook13 said:

Right. I can see it both ways. It's when he releases the ball then? Super close call.

It sure looked like he crossed the line, I usually focus on the ball, but even when looking at other parts of the body it was really close. AFAIK the interpretation of the rule has not changed recently, and its basically "if any part of you is outside the zone, you're not in the zone". But the ball only has to break the plane of the goal (or line to gain). 

As for Aaron...I wonder if the Jets had some kind of insurance policy to cover the Rodgers move. Even trying to recoup the money, or salary cap will be critial. Not much they can do about the traded draft picks. 

28 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

It sure looked like he crossed the line, I usually focus on the ball, but even when looking at other parts of the body it was really close. AFAIK the interpretation of the rule has not changed recently, and its basically "if any part of you is outside the zone, you're not in the zone". But the ball only has to break the plane of the goal (or line to gain). 

As for Aaron...I wonder if the Jets had some kind of insurance policy to cover the Rodgers move. Even trying to recoup the money, or salary cap will be critial. Not much they can do about the traded draft picks. 

They may have an insurance contract protection for injury, but they can't recoup the money from Rodgers because of injury. Only he is out any performance bonuses because of it. 

14 minutes ago, Big John said:

They may have an insurance contract protection for injury, but they can't recoup the money from Rodgers because of injury. Only he is out any performance bonuses because of it. 

I would hope there is some relief from the cap hit ($74M in dead cap money now) over the contract if he cannot play, retires etc. 

The Packers lose out on a better pick (the conditional 2024 pick is 2nd round, but would have been 1st round if Rodgers played 65% of the snaps. I don't grasp all the cap numbers from these kind of sources (link below), but it looked bad after his 3 years were up with lots of dead cap. 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-jets/aaron-rodgers-3745/

8 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Green Bay lost the Jets 1st rd pick when the Jets put him on IR.  They get next years' 2nd instead of a 1st.   So the Jets "only"  gave up their 2023 & 2024 2nd round picks, the 2023 #13-#15 swap and a 2023 6th. 

I was at the game.  Ironically, it was one of the more exciting games I've been to in over a decade.  

In the very 1st offensive series of Week 1 in 1999 (the year after the Jets lost to Denver in the AFC Championship game), my 9 yr old son and I watched Curtis Martin fumble andVinny Testaverde awkwardly twist around to recover it only to land on the ground with the classic 'pop' of the torn achilles all directly in front of our line of vision from our seats.  Yesterday, I'm at the game with the same son, now 33, we went back in time. Week 1, opening series of a promising season, and pop. And who says lightning doesn't strike twice in the same place? Now that's some freaky deja vu

Edited by Dcat
  • Like 2

Maybe Wilson learned some stuff and will be bettre than he was in past. He was making some good throws. 

The excitement of the fans came thru on TV, they were electric, until that moment. Sucks for the fans, I know my heart sank on Sunday when I saw Browns RT Jeff Conklin go down, and as expeted it was season ending. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Dcat said:

Green Bay lost the Jets 1st rd pick when the Jets put him on IR.  They get next years' 2nd instead of a 1st.   So the Jets "only"  gave up their 2023 & 2024 2nd round picks, the 2023 #13-#15 swap and a 2023 6th. 

I was at the game.  Ironically, it was one of the more exciting games I've been to in over a decade.  

In the very 1st offensive series of Week 1 in 1999 (the year after the Jets lost to Denver in the AFC Championship game), my 9 yr old son and I watched Curtis Martin fumble andVinny Testaverde awkwardly twist around to recover it only to land on the ground with the classic 'pop' of the torn achilles all directly in front of our line of vision from our seats.  Yesterday, I'm at the game with the same son, now 33, we went back in time. Week 1, opening series of a promising season, and pop. And who says lightning doesn't strike twice in the same place? Now that's some freaky deja vu

That is really awesome to have those memories with your son reborn Dcat! I only have one question though. Live and in person did it look like Josh Allen crossed the line?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, tylcook13 said:

That is really awesome to have those memories with your son reborn Dcat! I only have one question though. Live and in person did it look like Josh Allen crossed the line?

TBH, from my angle, I couldn't tell.  Any opinion I would have was obviously skewed by the passion of the moment.  Lots of bullsht cries in the stands.  The replays on the big screen weren't all that conclusive