Jump to content
[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Yahoo Waivers Question


rajncajn
 Share

Recommended Posts

Why would an add/drop I performed on Saturday affect my waiver priority for the following week?

 

I lost this week and currently ranked 11th in the league, yet I lost my only waiver pickup because the #2 team in the league was a higher waiver priority. The only reason i can figure is that I spent my waiver priority when I picked up Michael Thomas (who was dropped) on Saturday.

Edited by rajncajn
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Have you looked at your league settings? For one league that I am in, the first week waiver wire is reverse order of the draft. I was in the last draft spot, so I had the first waiver priority. If I used a waiver on someone Saturday, that would have knocked me to last on waivers. It is not based on record but on using the waiver spot, i will be #1 until I use it, than I will drop to the bottom.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, Yoyo said:

Have you looked at your league settings? For one league that I am in, the first week waiver wire is reverse order of the draft. I was in the last draft spot, so I had the first waiver priority. If I used a waiver on someone Saturday, that would have knocked me to last on waivers. It is not based on record but on using the waiver spot, i will be #1 until I use it, than I will drop to the bottom.

League settings is a good place to look. Or if there is a human commissioner ask them. If not maybe Yahoo support can help.

I know in my CBS league where I commish I can see all the settings, but not sure if other owners can. But we've always had a waiver order dictated by current standings (overall record then total points) which reset every week. Not sure we have any way to add players between draft (2 days before season opener) and waivers start after week 1. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Yoyo said:

Have you looked at your league settings? For one league that I am in, the first week waiver wire is reverse order of the draft. I was in the last draft spot, so I had the first waiver priority. If I used a waiver on someone Saturday, that would have knocked me to last on waivers. It is not based on record but on using the waiver spot, i will be #1 until I use it, than I will drop to the bottom.

I think that's the situation. I drafted last and then picked Michael Thomas up on Saturday where I had top priority. Then I lost this week, mainly due to Kelce/Burrow and now 2nd to last in the league. I thought that when waivers opened back up that I'd be near the top in waiver priority, but I lost the player I submitted to the guy who is currently 2nd in the league. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Talked to commish. So, what I'm told is that waiver order is based off a rolling list from week to week starting with the draft. I drafted last so following the draft I get 1st priority. The next week (this week) I am last and so on til the end of the season. He said that's the default standard for the league.

In all the years and leagues I've played fantasy football it's always been based off standings, h2h & points. 

Edited by rajncajn
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Insert mandatory FAAB is superior post and mandatory it is important to understand the rules of your league.

I kid, but it does solve for this. I don't care for the rolling waiver order for FF, would prefer worst to first if doing waivers and not bids, but now you know for future.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, rajncajn said:

Talked to commish. So, what I'm told is that waiver order is based off a rolling list from week to week starting with the draft. I drafted last so following the draft I get 1st priority. The next week (this week) I am last and so on til the end of the season. He said that's the default standard for the league.

ughh, thats pretty bad.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Update: The commish, who btw won the player, agreed that it should have been set up for standings and brought it up for a vote. The vote passed and we changed the rule. He also offered to move the player from his roster to mine and I told him I didn't want that. I really just wanted to be clear on how the waivers worked. I picked up Kyren Williams instead.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

Update: The commish, who btw won the player, agreed that it should have been set up for standings and brought it up for a vote. The vote passed and we changed the rule. He also offered to move the player from his roster to mine and I told him I didn't want that. I really just wanted to be clear on how the waivers worked. I picked up Kyren Williams instead.

Sounds like you have good league mates.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wow that is a far better outcome than one would expect. Amazing to get the league to agree to change a bad setup (maybe it wasn't intended and nobody thought about it. New leauge maybe?) 

That was definitely a different way of doing waivers, don't often hear of one where they start with draft order and and never reset. Not WRONG just different.

I've tried to lobby for some kind of system where we don't reset every week. Sometimes I'll be at the top and nobody is of interest. The next week there's somebody I really like, but I won in between and now I'm at the middle or bottom. GUess it would be hard to figure out when to reset them, my initial thought was after week 1, then every 2-3 weeks after that. 

But nobody is interested in anything that adds any complexity, or that they feel might give others some advantage since they came up with the idea. FAAB would never go over with this group.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I like the yahoo waivers, it's not as complicated as it sounds. The order starts after the draft, whoever drafted last is first on the waiver order.

So, draft team 10 has #1 waiver. If you use the waiver, than you drop down to waiver #10. If waiver spot #3 and #8 make claims as well, than you will be at waiver spot #8. It continually moves as teams make claims. If you're #1 and never make a claim you stay #1. If you use it, than you move to last on the list and make your way back to the top as others use theirs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Yoyo said:

I like the yahoo waivers, it's not as complicated as it sounds. The order starts after the draft, whoever drafted last is first on the waiver order.

So, draft team 10 has #1 waiver. If you use the waiver, than you drop down to waiver #10. If waiver spot #3 and #8 make claims as well, than you will be at waiver spot #8. It continually moves as teams make claims. If you're #1 and never make a claim you stay #1. If you use it, than you move to last on the list and make your way back to the top as others use theirs.

Just to be clear, that is not a "Yahoo" thing, it's the setting that was selected when the league was set up. I'm in 4 leagues on Yahoo - 1 does blind bids, 1 does worst to first weekly, and 2 are on the rolling order. It just comes down to league rules/preferences and what one selects when setting up the league

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Big Country said:

Just to be clear, that is not a "Yahoo" thing, it's the setting that was selected when the league was set up. I'm in 4 leagues on Yahoo - 1 does blind bids, 1 does worst to first weekly, and 2 are on the rolling order. It just comes down to league rules/preferences and what one selects when setting up the league

And as you said, knowing the rules of the league helps. As does commissioners knowing what the site is capable of, what the default is and what they really want to use for their league. Sounds like this league may have intended to use a more "standard" worst to first weekly waiver but didn't remember to check the settings. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/14/2023 at 9:20 AM, rajncajn said:

Update: The commish, who btw won the player, agreed that it should have been set up for standings and brought it up for a vote. The vote passed and we changed the rule. He also offered to move the player from his roster to mine and I told him I didn't want that. I really just wanted to be clear on how the waivers worked. I picked up Kyren Williams instead.

good get right there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am on Yahoo. Our settings are that if you drafted last you get the first waiver priority and you keep it until you make a selection. You can select players after waivers have run and it won't affect your waiver priority. If the trade goes through immediately then it didn't affect your priority

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, purplemonster said:

I am on Yahoo. Our settings are that if you drafted last you get the first waiver priority and you keep it until you make a selection. You can select players after waivers have run and it won't affect your waiver priority. If the trade goes through immediately then it didn't affect your priority

Is the word trade above a typo?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information