[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

No words for this. Just terrible

Dcat

Yep that is sad. I had Browns season tickets for about 12-15 years total, starting in the old Municipal stadium in the Dawg Pound area, with similar seats in new stadium. Saw a lot of bad stuff over those years, often people just getting sucker punched by an opposing fan. It was a bit better at the new stadium, but 10s of thousands of mostly younger men drinking and being rowdy while following their team.

As for everybody just standing by and recording, that is very troubling. 

It almost sounds like a freak accident, one shot that knocked him out and caused a medical episode (as described in the audio of the tweet). It says "brutally beaten" at the top of the tweet but not sure that is accurate. Still utlimately poor behavior that results in tragedy for many. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

I agree with the sentiment, but is it really anything new?

Yes I was thinking the same thing. Most of my experience with this behavior was a decade or two ago. It was worse in the old stadium, combination of PSLs (the Dawg Pound area did not have them) and slightly higher ticket costs kept some of the people out of the new one. 

It is usually fueled by alcohol and testosterone, and people who resort to violence too quickly. The last part may be a growing trend, but that has never been my way or that of most people I know.