[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I am done with FF...no more!

The Badfinger

So I am in three leagues this year.  Finished the season as the 2nd seed in each league.  In two league the playoffs start next week  In one league we just finished our 2-week (which I hate) first round game.  I lost...why?  Because I had Hill and Pacheco and over those 2 weeks I got a total of 10 points from Hill and 0 from IP.  Still was okay until my opponent got 40+ from Cook today.  I started Rice and Ford today for Hill/IP.  Will lose by about 7 points.  Yeah I can still finish 3rd...but after finishing the regular season as the total points scoring champ by over 200 points...I could care less.  3rd place would feel like 2nd loser IMO.

Frankly don't even care about the other two leagues right now.  Would rather go fishing or golfing than even think about FF (it's good to live in South TX!) at this point.

Over the season, I lost following starters either for the season or at least a game...usually more.... to injury:   Chubb (2 teams), Burrow, Kupp, Walker, Mark Andrews, Pacheco, Hill, Achane (whom I drafted in all three btw), Stevenson (2), Akers, Mattison (2),  Dell (2), Stafford,  and Kyren Williams (2).  A few others I have forgotten as well.

I really should be glad I still made the playoffs in all 3, but it was just too much...made this season zero fun.  And as the leagues evolve over the years, I know less guys in the leagues, have less interaction, and much less face to face time (never do a live draft anymore).  When I started in my first league, draft day was a half day party.  I saw every guy almost every work day.  Trash talking was fun, working out trades over lunch was fun.  That is all gone now.  And with games on Saturday, Sunday, Europe Sunday, Monday and Thursday, it has just become more of a chore than a fun activity.

I think I would have more fun using the FF entry fees to trade penny stocks for a couple months every year...or try a coupe new golf courses.  

So goodbye FF.  If was fun...until it wasn't.

Edited by The Badfinger
  • Sad 1

I still have fun playing with my friends. I want to win, but just like the NFL it's hard to do each year. It's ok if your buddy wins instead. By next draft season you'll probably be ready to roll. Injuries happen to most teams just like in real-life football. If that just frustrates you, you probably should be done with FF. Enjoy the golf.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Yoyo said:

I still have fun playing with my friends. I want to win, but just like the NFL it's hard to do each year. It's ok if your buddy wins instead. By next draft season you'll probably be ready to roll. Injuries happen to most teams just like in real-life football. If that just frustrates you, you probably should be done with FF. Enjoy the golf.

Golf is just as frustrating 😁

• Haha 2

I’d have loved to make the playoffs in every league. My year truly sucked. Worst fantasy season I can remember going back decades. It’s my second bad season in a row too so I’m feeling the fantasy fatigue myself. Doubtful I’ll quit but I’ll surely be unplugging from fantasy football for several months shortly.

11 hours ago, gijoerock said:

Golf is just as frustrating 😁

Can confirm.  Golf causes me to rage drink so much more than FF.

10 hours ago, Shaft said:

This essay shows how much you care, you FF degenerate. We'll see you next season.😀

It's frustrating to bow out early but FF gives us 14+ weeks of entertainment for a pretty minimal price.  I try to tell myself that the $50-$100 I pay to buy into my leagues is a small price to pay for 14+ weeks of fun, no matter the outcome.  I understand being disappointed.  It's part of what keeps us coming back.  My 14 man league, for some reason, starts our playoffs in week 14 while there are still a couple teams with byes.  I lost last week because I had to start Dameon Pierce (who scored 1 pt) while Conner was on a bye. I lost by 4.5 points.  It's defeating on many levels but by September, I'll be ready to hurt again.  See you fella's then! 

Edited by El Jefe 92

18 hours ago, The Badfinger said:

I think I would have more fun using the FF entry fees to trade penny stocks for a couple months every year...or try a coupe new golf courses.  

It really is about 50% luck.  You can crunch or project all you want, but the reality is injuries, game script, etc come into play.  

Man, just dont gamble on it.  Its for fun.  IMo, at least.