[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is Mahomes hung over?

1fastdoc

20 hours ago, ThatDude said:

It looked like he missed a lot of underneath or check down opportunities… and just kept trying to push for a big play down the field 

Not sure what happened with their OL, which isn't great but usually gave him enough time to scramble out and throw.  Yesterday was a well deserved KC loss. 

In a Superflex, Mahomes was my #1 pick and has no doubt underperformed to a wasted/ 12th round equiv. pick level for me (Tyreek Hill taken right after my pick).

My theory on Patrick's woes this year is while KC was able to cobble together enough WR production married with usual Kelce magic last year, 1) Kelce is not able to focus as much this year with all the Taylor Swift attention and 2) the KC WRs are, in a word, putrid (save a promising rookie season from R. Rice).   Scantling and Toney are total headcase busts.  Add that to a KC offensive line that seems below average, and Mahomes is in the Jordon Love FFL tier this year.

It just is what it is.  In my case, I've somehow made it into my Championship (Thanks Amari Cooper!) in my main big money league despite Mahomes.  And I can't really sit him.  So, for this last week 17, I hope he catches some old magic this week against CIN.  But I'm expecting his usual 6-10 points for me this week.

Edited by Butkus

Rice is talented but definitely needs more experience.  The O line was never great but Mahomes was good enough to scramble and get accurate passes out.  Not sure what happened yesterday but they were overthrown, underthrown and sideway thrown.   And Kelce, like Gronk, was always a formidble player that could make  plays.  But unlike Gronk, Kelce decided to become a media hog while still playing.  The guy absolutely doesn't have his A game this year, probably too tired from flights to Hollywood and banging Swift.  She's the NFL Yoko Ono.

On 12/25/2023 at 1:54 PM, ThatDude said:

It looked like he missed a lot of underneath or check down opportunities… and just kept trying to push for a big play down the field 

Yeah I think they really missed Jerick McKinnon yesterday.  He seems to always be in the right spot for the dump-offs from Mahomie.  He did look bad against the Raiders.  They barely blitzed and seemed to be up in his business really fast.