[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Colts/Pats

Bill Swerski

Went to the game today. Thought I'd share a few impressions with you all...

1. Had nice seats about 15 rows up, along the Pats' tunnel in the corner of the end zone. Had I arrived 5 minutes earlier, I would've had Vinatieri's autograph.

2. Domanick Rhodes smiled and waived at my fiancee during pre-game warmups. I almost ran onto the field and whipped his ass, but decided to let it slide. wink

3. In case you hadn't heard yet, Dallas Clark broke his leg. Tough to see a fellow Iowa alum go down. And it did NOT look good. I'm no doctor (at least not a medical one), but I doubt we'll see anymore of him this season.

4. Mike Vanderjagt is the best cheerleader on the Colts' sideline. I've never seen a player as animated as him before. Despite idiotically mouthing off on Canadian TV last year, he obviously cares A LOT about his team. I give him props for that.

5. Bill Belichick DIDN'T wear a hoodie today (and it wasn't exactly warm in there either). I thought that hell had frozen over.

6. The RCA Dome is one of the best home field advantages in the league. When the crowd came alive in the second half, Brady was having A LOT of problems calling audibles. And that was right around when he threw two picks. Hmmm... thinking

7. The Colts' defense is absolutely horrible. These guys are going nowhere in the playoffs... again.

8. Amazingly enough, their special teams are even worse.

9. After needing four attempts to get across the goal line last week, Edge was 0 for 3 inside the two at the end of the game. Injured Adam Meadows or not, that's absolutely pathetic. I give Edge credit for converting a number of short yardage situations earlier in the game, but he's absolutely worthless at the goal line. thumbs_d

10. I give the Pats props for slamming the door at the end, but their defense has been giving it up big time over the past couple weeks. They're definitely a good team, but far from a dominant one.

uglytuna

[QB] NE may not be a dominate team but I don't think there a team that can beat them.

[QB]

Sounds like someone has a bad case of homeritis. :D

The Pats are obviously an elite team right now, but I think that they might have problems with Kansas City, Tennessee, St. Louis, Seattle, and possibly Philly. And they just squeaked by Indy today.

In any case, the AFC playoffs are going to be very interesting this year.

Bill Swerski:

Eddie Lee Ivery:

That would've made a good replay on Sports Center.

Yeah, my dumpy white ass getting kicked all over the turf. lol Just remember folks. If your gonna run out onto the field and get your arse kicked, make sure your all wearing your Huddle gear. Then we can recognize one of the tribe. cool_thu

7. The Colts' defense is absolutely horrible. These guys are going nowhere in the playoffs... again.

Yep. The defense really stinks, and is getting worse. I'd really like to see Peyton get some help from the defensive side of the ball.

8. Amazingly enough, their special teams are even worse.

Injuries hurt the special teams today. A couple of their top special teamers got hurt. Tony Dungy is a great coach, but his decision to kick deep instead of squib at the end of the first half is just plain retarded. It cost 'em the game.

9. After needing four attempts to get across the goal line last week, Edge was 0 for 3 inside the two at the end of the game. Injured Adam Meadows or not, that's absolutely pathetic. I give Edge credit for converting a number of short yardage situations earlier in the game, but he's absolutely worthless at the goal line.

Adam Meadows is not a starter. He is the backup for Ryan Diem who is the starter. Tarik Glenn, the starting LT was out. Last week, Edge got in behind a block from Dallas Clark. He had a broken leg, and the only fullback on the roster got hurt on a special teams play. Missing their top 2 lead blockers, and starting LT is still not an excuse to not get one freaking yard. Our offensive line is not a dominating run blocking unit.

10. I give the Pats props for slamming the door at the end, but their defense has been giving it up big time over the past couple weeks. They're definitely a good team, but far from a dominant one.

The Patriots are very good. The defensive co-ordinator, Ron Meeks, for the Colts was getting completely out-coached. He had no idea what the Patriots were doing the first half, yet alone come up with a way to stop it. Brady is a good quarterback, but he made some horrible throws in the second half that could have cost them the game. I like the way the Pats play, but eventually, the fact that they simply cannot run the ball will hurt them.

As for the Colts, they are in trouble. The offense, while extremely talented, seems only capable of playing the first or second half. This has been an on-going trend for a few years now. They either start hot and have to hang on for dear life to win, or they completely stink in the first half only to roar back at the end. Defensively, they are flat horrible. Besides Dwight Freeney, there is no one that is any good. MLB Rob Morris is a complete waste of a first round pick, and our cornerbacks are just not fast enough. Our defensive line is too small and soft. Once again, I think they'll make the play-offs as a wild card based on the amazing abilities of Peyton Manning. Unfortunately, he will take the blame for a defense that underperforms.

Dungy being a great coach is debatable Im surprised that he kick the FG on 4th down when they still needed a td to win and here something interesting the I read on NFL.com from Payton about the goal line series

Manning called timeout to set up the final play and when he got to the sideline, he realized the predicament.

"We didn't have the goal-line offense," Manning said. "Everybody was in street clothes over there."

The Colts tried to run anyway and McGinest blew it up

here is the whole article

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/recap/NFL_20...20031130_NE@IND

• 1 year later...