[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Steelers at Jaguars

CaptainHook

Who will win?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Steelers will win.
    • Jaguars will win.
    • They will tie.

This has the potential to be Roth's best fantasy game of the year....the Steelers will not run the ball well against the Jaguars until the 4th quarter and the D-line gets tired..I see Hines Ward having a stud game ..I see the Steelers using their TE's more than usual...on the Jville offense the only person I would even think about playing would be Jimmy Smith..I think they throw enough times that Jimmy Smith pulls through some adequate stats.

Pitt 17 Jville 7

Leftwich looked solid last week but a late fumble cost them the game. This week they are desperate because at 6-5 they are barely holding on to playoff hopes but if they lose this one, they're done. That means getting back to business this week. The Steelers have been getting by lately on their run game with Roethlisberger putting up mediocore numbers but the Jags have only allowed 2 100 rushers all season, so I dont think the Steelers will have as much success on the ground and will be forced into 3rd and longs. Look for a solid dose of Taylor followed by a few deep balls to Jimmy Smith. Jags by 3

This does have the makings of a Jags win ... but I voted for a STEEEEEEELERS win because I'm like that.

It'll be tight, but the defense will respond to the challenge, Ward will re-emerge as a central figure, and Dan Krieder (you read it here) will make the difference.

Steelers 17, Jags 16.

The Jags do need this win in a bad way. I like them at home on one of thier only national TV appearances. They are rolling out the all black unis for the only time this season. If they don't win this, they don't deserve to make it into the playoffs and probably won't. Del Rio has been talking a lot about getting Fred the ball at least 25 carries a game, si it will be interesting to see if he sticks to his guns if Pitt plays the run tough like they normally do.

Jax and Denver are in the same boat, tough division games that they both need to win. There are some good teams in the AFC that are going to be watching the playoffs from home while some sh*tty NFC teams get in.

I think it will be a good game but I still am going with the Steelers. A hungry Jags team could pull off the win but I still had to go with the Steelers. I think the Steelers will once again control the clock and keep Leftwich and company off of the field for the majority of the game. The Steelers have also been playing excellent special teams and winning the field position game. Fred Tayolr is a type of running back that could hurt the Steelers defense. He is quick enough to use the Steelers aggressiveness against them by getting them to over pursuit and getting yards with the cut back runs. The key for the Jags will be to get up by a couple of scores very fast. No team has put Ben in a terrible situation to date.

Steelers 27

Jaguars 17

I love the Jags+3 at home. Jacksonville is absolutely desperate for a win and will pull out all stops in this one. It could be a let down week for Pittsburgh who has won but not played particularly well in the last couple weeks. Look for Leftwich to come out firing and for Fred Taylor on the edge. I think the Jags win this one outright and wont need the 3 points..

:D

594619[/snapback]

Must admit, this is a worry game for me. I think that the Jags are going to be able to slow down the Steeler running game tonight. I think this will be a big test for Ben and the passing game without Plex again tonight. I think this will be a great game. In the end, I think the Steeler defense shows up and makes some big plays and the Steelers pull away with the victory. I hope so, because I don't see the Pats losing any the rest of the way, so to get homefield, Steelers are going to have to win out. Although, we do owe the Pats an underdog AFC Championship win on the road, so that could be fun too. :D The Colts are looking pretty scary to. I wish the Steelers were in the NFC. However, as all of you know, I never stop believeing.

Steelers 20

Jags 17

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO !!!!!!!!!!

This does have the makings of a Jags win ... but I voted for a STEEEEEEELERS win because I'm like that.

It'll be tight, but the defense will respond to the challenge, Ward will re-emerge as a central figure, and Dan Krieder (you read it here) will make the difference.

Steelers 17, Jags 16.

590960[/snapback]

HEY HEY HEY HEY -- The only thing I got right yesterday was the only thing that counted!!!

The Defense responded to the challenge (barely); :D

Ward reemerged (80yds and TD); :D

Krieder ..... (well, that was a stretch); B)

AND 17-16 WAS RIGHT ON ... :D:D