[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Joe Montana

keggerz

Stunned to see PATS fans pining for Bledsoe.  Look, I was a Drew fan and still have a Drew jersey (in mothballs...) but seriously, Drew was cut from the same cloth as Marino and Manning - pocket passers, statues if you will, with great arms.  BUT I will say he was waaay inferior than Manning and Marino because he was a lock for the critical INT.

628069[/snapback]

I was shocked and a little angry that Bledsoe was benched in the second half of '01. Belichick apparently saw something in Brady that I didn't. Guess that's why he's an NFL head coach and I'm not.

Agreed that Bledsoe's track record in big games is not exactly stellar. His performance in SB 31 (two TDs and four picks) was far from good. Then again, he was forced to throw the ball 48 times and that '96 Packers D was DOMINANT (ranked #1 in the league in both points and yards allowed).

I've often wondered if NE would've won SB 36 with Bledsoe at the helm instead of Brady. While Brady does a better of job of managing the offense without turning the ball over, I still think that Drew could've mustered one passing TD and could've gotten that offense into FG position twice. Then again, it's a moot point now.

Edited by Bill Swerski

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stunned to see PATS fans pining for Bledsoe.  Look, I was a Drew fan and still have a Drew jersey (in mothballs...) but seriously, Drew was cut from the same cloth as Marino and Manning - pocket passers, statues if you will, with great arms.  BUT I will say he was waaay inferior than Manning and Marino because he was a lock for the critical INT.

Brady was a 6th round pick.  At Michigan, Griese was ahead of him as starter and then the whole (dumb) state wanted Drew Henson  :D  B)  :D

I hated Henson.  He is another DUMB QB IMO, and this will be proven out if he ever has an NFL career.  I also saw plenty of Navarre and can say he too was made decent by great WRs.  Brady was different.  Watch the Orange Bowl vs Alabama from 2000 or the Penn State comeback in 1999.  You saw that Brady was SMART and special.

I wish Drew well, and no athlete has EVER left Boston with more class.  He is a hero in many ways, but I seriously question the football mind of ANYONE that would choose Bledsoe over Brady.  If you asked NFL coaches, it would be 32-0.  If you ask fans from other states outside New England and Washington it's 99% pro Brady.  Yet loyalists who only remember 500 yard games and 5 TD passes vs the likes of Miami or Minnesota will still choose Bledsoe. CRAZY

628069[/snapback]

So, you've decided to leave the Manning comparisons alone now? :D

Well, you win your new argument. Brady IS better than Bledsoe.

Uhmm, Peyton has more fourth quarter comebacks.  And Manning runs the most complex offense in the NFL and doesn't have to wear a wristband with the plays on it like Brady.

627295[/snapback]

I think you are confusing Brady with Big Ben, Brady doens't wear a wristband with plays.

I can't put my finger on it, but he's the type of guy you'd see at a bar and be like, "I can't stand that guy . . . I don't even know him, but I know I can't stand him." 

Way I see it - Brady's more of a Cosmopolitan drinker, while Drew would belly up and order 3 Guinesses.  I can dig the latter.

628125[/snapback]

:D

Maybe tool isn't right, but I love the Cosmopolitans vs Guiness analogies. VERY true. I can say that while at Michigan Henson was always out at bars, but I never saw Brady out. Whatever, I'll take a studious nerdy QB who wins.

Balzac, apologies, i thought when you stated you liked Drew better you meant as a QB.

As for Manning....I'm done for now. Yes, he's good, but great? WE'LL SEE THIS JANUARY. Colts D has never been better than now, and with everyone healthy on offense if the Colts don't make a SB this year, they never will.

Then after the three Guinness', he'd go stage diving at Avalon!!

628950[/snapback]

only if Max Lane is around..which after superbowl 31...were glad he isnt

but hey...yeah..no prominent boston ahlete has ever left with more class...i grew up on drew..hell i still have his authentic jersey from 94 with the 75th anniversary patch, in my closet..

my fantasy hopes will now hinge on his arm

as for Manning....I'm done for now.  Yes, he's good, but great? WE'LL SEE THIS JANUARY.  Colts D has never been better than now, and with everyone healthy on offense if the Colts don't make a SB this year, they never will.

628711[/snapback]

If you can not see Manning is a great QB by now you will never see it.