[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Joe Montana

keggerz

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets call a spade a spade.....

ADVERSITY BUILDS CHARACTER!!

If you are down by 6 with less then 2 mins to play I dont care if its today or FIFTY YEARS FROM now MR BRADY isnt the 1st QB anyone should have at the top of their list of QBs to LEAD you to a WIN....

WHY?? MADDEN HIT IT ON THE HEAD...Brady doesnt have MANY(how many does he have?) come from behind wins....thats because his DEF doesnt give up the LEAD...untill MR BRADY has to weather adversities like he faced tonite HE CANT BE COMPARED with the LIKES of MONTANA, ELWAY or for that matter even JAKE THE SNAKE...ok well the Snake part is taking it a bit to far...

Edited by keggerz

hahaha..calm down guys...really

623455[/snapback]

Its just rediculous in this modern day, watered down NFL, that anyone compares this guy to Montana. He isnt even on par with Aikman, Young or J Kelley as a QB. Those Bills teams that got spanked in 4 straight Sbs would tear this NE team a new ass week in week out. Hell if I was given the NE D, and I had to pick any QB in the NFL for one game Id take Manning, Favre, or McNair when healthy, over Brady in todays NFL.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

thats not true Brady didnt lose to SF this yr

623390[/snapback]

Yet! But they do have to play them week 17, don't they?

Just Kidding, Brady is still a great QB.

I find it humorous that in a game where critics have always said, to be considered a really great QB you have to win a Super Bowl.

Whenever people talk about Marino they say, but yeah he never won a Super Bowl.

Even now when people talk about Manning they say, he can't win the big games and until he does he won't be considered great.

And here we have Brady winner of not just one but two Super Bowls, and within 3 years.

And wasn't he the MVP of both?

And yet people will say that after 4 INT's and in only the 2nd loss of the year, hell of their last 29 Games or something like that, That Brady is overrated.

Christ what does a QB have to do to garner a little respect from these people?

Edited by Jrick35

If you are down by 6 with less then 2 mins to play I dont care if its today or FIFTY YEARS FROM now MR BRADY isnt the 1st QB anyone should have at the top of their list of QBs to LEAD you to a WIN....

WHY??  MADDEN HIT IT ON THE HEAD...Brady doesnt have MANY(how many does he have?) come from behind wins....thats because his DEF doesnt give up the LEAD...untill MR BRADY has to weather adversities like he faced tonite HE CANT BE COMPARED with the LIKES of MONTANA, ELWAY or for that matter even JAKE THE SNAKE...ok well the Snake part is taking it a bit to far...

623404[/snapback]

The one year that Brady didn't have a dominating defense, his team missed the playoffs. Winning is a TEAM effort, much more so in football than many other sports. Individuals don't win, teams do.

I find it humorous that in a game where critics have always said, to be considered a really great QB you have to win a Super Bowl.

623776[/snapback]

People who say that are idiots. Winning a championship takes a complete TEAM.

I absolutely refuse to downgrade players like Marino, Tarkenton, Kelly, and Fouts because their TEAMS weren't good enough to win a SB. All were just as good as Montana (Marino and Tarkenton were better).

And here we have Brady winner of not just one but two Super Bowls, and within 3 years.

And wasn't he the MVP of both?

And yet people will say that after 4 INT's and in only the 2nd loss of the year, hell of their last 29 Games or something like that, That Brady is overrated.

Christ what does a QB have to do to garner a little respect from these people?

623776[/snapback]

He was no more responsible for his team's Superbowl wins than any of his teammates. His team won two Superbowls and he got the MVPs because they had to pick someone and there is a QB bias.

Brady has the respect of people - a little too much respect IMO. He's viewed as the Second Coming and he is really nothing more than a solid game manager.

He was no more responsible for his team's Superbowl wins than any of his teammates.  His team won two Superbowls and he got the MVPs because they had to pick someone and there is a QB bias.

623884[/snapback]

Well, I'm not sure if I'd go THAT far, as he played very well this past February. That said, Ty Law certainly deserved the MVP in SB 36.

Brady has the respect of people - a little too much respect IMO.  He's viewed as the Second Coming and he is really nothing more than a solid game manager.

He's good and makes big plays, but I don't think that he's any better than Favre, Manning, McNair, or McNabb.

He was no more responsible for his team's Superbowl wins than any of his teammates.  His team won two Superbowls and he got the MVPs because they had to pick someone and there is a QB bias.

Brady has the respect of people - a little too much respect IMO.  He's viewed as the Second Coming and he is really nothing more than a solid game manager.

623884[/snapback]

Listen to the lady. For once she knows what she is talking about.

Edited by Perchoutofwater

I told you Brady was overrated.

Faces a good D and he falls apart, just like he did against the Steelers.

:oldrazz:

623768[/snapback]

Yeah, squeegie, he really fell apart against Baltimore this year, and Carolina in the SB last year. Two awful defenses. :D Settttttttttle down, folks. One bad game and everyone suddenly thinks he's Sage Rosenfels. See ya in the AFC Champ. game, when all the pressure will be on Big Ben.

YEah, I agree, I'd much rather have Peyton "NEVER WON A BIG GAME IN MY LIFE" Manning than Brady.

Grow up you immature football viewers. Brady shredded good defenses all year, Baltimore, Jets, Buffalo twice. We've lost 2 games: one with Dillon out and one after Charlie Weis spent all week in South Bend.

YEah, I agree, I'd much rather have Peyton "NEVER WON A BIG GAME IN MY LIFE" Manning than Brady. 

Grow up you immature football viewers.  Brady shredded good defenses all year, Baltimore, Jets, Buffalo twice.  We've lost 2 games: one with Dillon out and one after Charlie Weis spent all week in South Bend.

623971[/snapback]

Stepping up in UT's absence I see. :D

Tom "I won Super Bowls because of my surrounding cast" Brady.

or

Tom "My stats suck but I win because of my team" Brady.

That the guy you're talking about?