[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fred Taylor

Fantasy Jesus

Jaguars | Taylor Misses Practice, Questionable for Week 16 - from www.KFFL.com

Fri, 24 Dec 2004 11:00:26 -0800

Jacksonville Jaguars RB Fred Taylor (knee) missed practice Friday, Dec. 24, and remains questionable for Week 16.

It's a big game for the Jags. He's said he's going to play. I'm starting him. I also do not have to make that decision until Sunday.

Ok, I am a sick Oprah!  I just sent an email to the Jacksonville Jaguars beat writer for their local newspaper and asked if he knew if Fred Taylor would play this weekend..

629888[/snapback]

:D Smart! Interested to hear his reply. I am startin J. Bettis against Baltimore over Freddie right now...I hate this shat. :D

I just got this back from their beat reporter to my email:

Fred didn't practice again Friday and Del Rio said he's a game time decision and Greg Jones will go if he

doesn't. Fred says if he plays he'll be in a brace. So we'll have to wait and see but it doesn't sound good.

Vito Stellino

Fred didn't practice again Friday and Del Rio said he's a game time decision and Greg Jones will go if he

doesn't. Fred says if he plays he'll be in a brace. So we'll have to wait and see but it doesn't sound good.

Vito Stellino

629990[/snapback]

Nope, it doesn't sound good for Fred. But cool that you got a response!

Vito Stellino

629990[/snapback]

Wow!!! You received a response back! That's awesome. Maybe one of us should go straight to the source whenever there is a question mark like this. Good job :D

Wow!!! You received a response back!  That's awesome.  Maybe one of us should go straight to the source whenever there is a question mark like this.  Good job  :D

630349[/snapback]

I have never heard of Vito Stellino but found his name on their newspapers website as the Jags beat reporter. I really did not expect to get an answer to my email, especially on Christmas eve. I sent him a reply thanking him for his prompt response. To be honest, I dont know how many beat writers would actually respond to an email regarding a players status from some fan they dont know. It was pretty nice to know that this guy took the time to answer some random fans question. I give Vito Stellino a big thumbs up!! :D

Here is the latest article I found on Fred's situation for anyone interested.

The Florida Times-Union

December 25, 2004

A game-time decision

Jags' Taylor has sprained MCL in left knee and might miss Sunday's game vs. Houston.

By BART HUBBUCH

The Times-Union

Jaguars running back Fred Taylor revealed on Friday that he has a sprained medial collateral ligament in his left knee and might not play in Sunday's crucial home game against the Houston Texans.

Taylor was held out of practice all week and did some light running on the side in Friday's final workout before Jacksonville takes on Houston in a game vital to the 8-6 Jaguars' playoff hopes.

Taylor remains questionable on the injury report, meaning he officially has a 50-50 chance to play. But Taylor and coach Jack Del Rio -- who had expressed optimism early in the week about Taylor's availability -- now say the veteran runner's status will be a game-time decision.

"We'll take another look at him Sunday before we make a final determination,'' Del Rio said on Friday. "Other than that, I'm not going to speculate.''

Taylor has started 46 consecutive games, the longest stretch of healthiness in his seven-year NFL career. If Taylor can't play, Del Rio said rookie Greg Jones would get the bulk of the halfback work in place of Taylor. Chris Fuamatu-Ma'afala and LaBrandon Toefield also could see increased playing time.

"We'll use all our guys,'' Del Rio said. "Whenever somebody goes down, you need somebody else to step up. That's what teams have to do.''

The Jaguars could use Taylor against the Texans. A hip pointer limited him to just three carries when the Jaguars visited Houston in October, and Taylor's absence for the entire second half was considered a factor in their 20-6 loss.

Taylor hurt his knee in the second half of last Sunday's 28-25 win at Green Bay, marring his best performance of the year. He was named AFC Offensive Player of the Week for the first time since 2000 after running for a season-high 165 yards and a touchdown.

Taylor, who has rushed for 1,224 yards this year, insisted in the locker room afterward that he would play against Houston. But his tone changed after an MRI exam on Monday showed an aggravation of two previous injuries to the same ligament.

"I was a little sore after the game, and I didn't think it was that bad, but the MRI concerned me a little bit,'' Taylor said on Friday.

If Taylor is able to play against the Texans, he said he would wear a knee brace for the first time since a game against Washington in 2000.

"All I can say is, don't count me out,'' Taylor said. "This is a huge, huge, huge game.''