[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fred Taylor

Fantasy Jesus

Anybody else hear about this? I need Freddy this Sunday at home vs Houston.

Jacksonville Jaguars: Running back Fred Taylor had an MRI on his left knee, but coach Jack Del Rio called it a "precautionary measure." Results were not expected until Tuesday at the earliest.

Taylor had a season-high 165 yards rushing and a touchdown in a 28-25 victory over Green Bay on Sunday. He injured his knee late in the second half, but returned to the game.

Del Rio said team doctors scheduled the test to be certain Taylor was OK. Taylor has a history of injury problems.

"We want to make sure there is nothing going on in there," Del Rio said.

Taylor has 1,224 yards rushing, 345 yards receiving and three touchdowns this season.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1949999

More on Freddy. The Jags are downplaying it . . .

Taylor's knee examined

Although Fred Taylor insists he will play against the Texans, Del Rio said the veteran running back had a precautionary MRI exam on his bruised knee Monday.

Taylor ran for a season-high 165 yards on 22 carries against the Packers but left in the second half with the injury. He said afterward that it was minor and that he expects to make his 47th consecutive start this weekend.

"There is some soreness in his knee, so that's why we're going to make sure there is not a problem,'' Del Rio said.

I guess I'm the only one who cares about Fred Taylor this week. OK terrific. I guess I'll speak myself off the ledge. Reassuring news from Rotoworld . . .

Fred Taylor insists his knee is fine and he'll be ready to start next Sunday.

Results of his MRI should be revealed Wednesday. It would be very surprising if Taylor sat with a playoff spot on the line. Dec. 21 - 4:23 pm et

Source: Florida Times-Union

Yep..Me too. Need Freddy to repeat last week's perfomance which helped me get to the SB. If not, I'll be starting Shaud Williams agaist SF (ouch)

Any Jax homers out there who can keep us posted would be much appreciated!!

It's such a shame about Taylor.

The guy is a joy to watch run...but he just can't seem to stay healthy. :D

629394[/snapback]

Huh ???

Fred Taylor has played for 46 straight games.

He didn't practice Wednesday or Thursday. We need to find out if he practices on FRIDAY to have a better idea.

He played on it last week and he's been saying all week that he fully intends on playing this week. If Freddy doesn't play this week my other options are J Jones or Shaud Williams.

We're going to have to wait another day or two.

Taylor

Del Rio hopeful on Taylor

The NFL doesn't have a "red flag'' category for injuries, but it certainly raised one for the Jaguars when running back Fred Taylor missed practice Thursday for the second consecutive day with a sprained knee.

Del Rio, though, remains confident Taylor will be able to play, though he's officially listed as questionable.

"We've had some red flags for a while,'' he said. "Marcus Stroud has been battling with a knee for several weeks. We've got a pretty good plan on how we can get our best players to the game as prepared as possible.''

Looks like he is playing unless Del Rio lies like shanahan and tice..

#k

,12/24/04 01:26pm]

Ok, I am a sick Oprah! I just sent an email to the Jacksonville Jaguars beat writer for their local newspaper and asked if he knew if Fred Taylor would play this weekend..

629888[/snapback]

genius.....any response?? send him another informing him that thousands are depending on him...

#k

,12/24/04 01:26pm]

Ok, I am a sick Oprah! I just sent an email to the Jacksonville Jaguars beat writer for their local newspaper and asked if he knew if Fred Taylor would play this weekend..

629888[/snapback]

genius.....any response?? send him another informing him that thousands are depending on him...

629923[/snapback]

So far no response...

Huh ???

Fred Taylor has played for 46 straight games.

629585[/snapback]

Too many partial games during those 46, ala Chris Brown and waayyy too many Questionables, Doubtfuls & GTD's during those 46 games as well.

Taylor dinged up is unforunately his modus operandis and is normal for him.

That's what I meant.