[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Baltimore, enjoy the golf courses

Menudo

Sorry, but I can't stand the Ravens. Cheap shot on Ben. Doesn't matter. The Steelers pounded the Ravens. They didn't just win, they laid out a beat down and boy, was it ever fun to watch !!!!!!!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO !!!!!!!

<cartman>

Hey, uh, why I aughta..

Screw you guys, we're going home.

</cartman>

Man, we looked like crap.  Good luck in the playoffs.

631940[/snapback]

As always, thanks for being a man of your word. Also, enjoy watching the playoffs. :D:D

BTW - didn't one of those Raven fans turn this into a "avatar and sigline" bet?

631950[/snapback]

Actually, they all did. They need to use the Steelers logo. They can use the one on NFL.com

Well here is my new sig and av for the week, as I said before

I am in the middle of a move so I will keep it for 2 weeks if need be. God this sucks but I am a man of my word. And the cheap shot on Ben wasn't any worse then the one on Heap in the first game, just had to say that. Good Game steelers.

Well here is my new sig and av for the week, as I said before

I am in the middle of a move so I will keep it for 2 weeks if need be. God  this sucks but I am a man of my word. And the cheap shot on Ben wasn't any worse then the one on Heap in the first game, just had to say that. Good Game steelers.

632053[/snapback]

Thanks for being a man of your word. I will say that the Ravens fans on here have always been stand up guys. However, that cheap shot was worse than the one on Heap. The one on Heap wasn't even a penalty. I agree it was wrong, but, it wasn't even illegal. The cheap shot on Ben was illegal, late, and deliberate. Luckily, it doesn't seem like it will be any kind of long term injury. I think Ben will give the Ravens plenty of revenge for the next 10-15 years.

The cheap shot on Ben was illegal, late, and deliberate.  Luckily, it doesn't seem like it will be any kind of long term injury.  I think Ben will give the Ravens plenty of revenge for the next 10-15 years.

632056[/snapback]

I didn't think it was that big of a deal. Maybe a little late, but it's not like he drove him into the ground on purpose.

I fact, the TV crew seemed to think it was a penalty but no where near a cheap shot. They then showed the Porter hit on Heap and said it was a cheap shot.

Either way, it's football, not the NBA. The players are going to get hit.

Ouch!

Not much talk now

Is there anything better than watching, even on a television monitor, the insufferable Brian Billick on the sideline during a game in which his tough-guy Baltimore Ravens are being whipped like the big-mouthed bully who couldn't back up his words with his muscle? OK, so maybe there are a few things better, but not many.

The Ravens, especially on defense, like to pretend that every snap is a back-alley battle between the Crips and the Bloods. Nice approach until they turned into the Gang That Couldn't Shoot Straight on offense and a defense that can't stop the run when the opposition muscles the ball inside on them. That's what the Pittsburgh Steelers did again on Sunday, imposing their will on the Baltimore front seven, and demonstrating that, while it might be viewed as sacrilegious in the Inner Harbor, middle linebacker Ray Lewis had, indeed, lost a critical half-step to the ball.

Time after time the Steelers battered the Ravens with either Jerome Bettis (27 rushes, 117 yards) or Verron Haynes (eight carries for 61 yards), and the Ravens were seemingly helpless.

Offensively, the allegedly improved Kyle Boller didn't get it done in the passing game and Jamal Lewis eked out a measly 26 yards on 14 carries. Take away one 11-yard run and he averaged a whopping 1.15 yards per attempt.

The Ravens, for the year, finished 3-5 on the road and totaled just eight touchdowns in those games. It was supposed to have been a war of attrition at Heinz Field on Sunday, a toe-to-toe slug-out between despised foes, but the Steelers pretty much turned the fight into a TKO. And turned Billick, even with his well-polished vocabulary, into a guy who had few words to explain what has become of a trash-talking bunch that used to be able to back up its rhetoric with deeds.

In the days preceding the game, Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs suggested the Ravens were "like kryptonite" to the Steelers. In just his second season, maybe Suggs has already been hanging around big-talking teammates too long.

I feel so filthy... :D

633009[/snapback]

I don't think that a picture of Ben walking off after getting hurt fills your bet. It is supposed to be the Steelers logo.

yeah, baltimore's done...and baltimore's D is definitely overrated. i played them for most of the season (with some early success), but they just haven't impressed me lately...i picked up carolina a few weeks ago, and i've been wanting to play them, but just didn't have the balls, because i kept thinking about the ravens "vaunted" D and ASYS, etc...i listened to all the hype and bull$hit, i ignored my gut and it cost me the SB...

funny sig too :D but what the hell does "yoi" mean? :D i think i've heard some of double yoi's and triple yoi's before here as well? :D i gather it's some inside joke or something? or maybe i'm just not down with the slang anymore... B)

yeah, baltimore's done...and baltimore's D is definitely overrated. i played them for most of the season (with some early success), but they just haven't impressed me lately...i picked up carolina a few weeks ago, and i've been wanting to play them, but just didn't have the balls, because i kept thinking about the ravens "vaunted" D and ASYS, etc...i listened to all the hype and bull$hit, i ignored my gut and it cost me the SB...

funny sig too :D but what the hell does "yoi" mean? :D i think i've heard some of double yoi's and triple yoi's before here as well? :D i gather it's some inside joke or something? or maybe i'm just not down with the slang anymore... B)

633516[/snapback]

I don't know if I'd go with over rated, but they have really slowed down the 2nd half. This was Ray Lewis' 9th year and I've got to wonder if he's slowing down. Chris McAllister was a no show the 2nd half and just got whipped by almost everyone he covered. The D better return to form next year or we are in for it again.

This Ravens team fell apart. Hopefully it was a 2nd half let down and not a sign that the team is past it's window and on the decline. Hopefully a good draft and an offseason to get healthy (Ray Lewis, Todd Heap, Peter Boulware) will put us back on top next year. Getting beat by the Browns along with Cincy and KC at home should indicate that we have more than one problem.