[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vikings at Packers

CaP'N GRuNGe

As difficult as it is to win 3 games against an opponent in a year, it appears the deck is really stacked against the Vikings. With a defense that has had problems all year, they have to open up on the road in the cold. If they couldn't beat the Bears or the Redskins outside on the road, how are they going to beat the Packers?

640279[/snapback]

Well, the Packers don't have a defense either where as the Bears had somewhat of a defense and the Redskins played a stifling defense yesterday.

Edited by CaP'N GRuNGe

As my friend and fellow Viks fan visited on Sat. we didn't want them in the playoffs.  It will be just one game and they haven't got a snowballs chance outside of one game.  If by some miracle they defeat the Pack, I don't seem them going much further.  So regardless this is all for nothing.

640300[/snapback]

wrong ,, it saves Tice's job

Never before have the Packers and Vikings met in the postseason. The Packers played divisional foes in both the 1993 and 1994 playoffs. Both times it was the Detroit Lions, and both times the Packers won in the postseason after splitting the regular-season games.

640075[/snapback]

The Packers also played the Bucs in 1997 when they were in the same division.

But they never played the Vikings in the playoffs.

Its weird about beating a team 3 times...more often that not it comes back to bite ya in the poopus.  But hey I am on the Farve bandwagon...gotta love this guy he is a legend.  Besides I want Seattle to win and then they can meet GB in a grudge match from last year  :D

640284[/snapback]

If GB and SEA win, it would be GB at ATL and SEA at PHI the following week.

Its weird about beating a team 3 times...more often that not it comes back to bite ya in the poopus. 

640284[/snapback]

Berman was talking about this last night on primetime. It's actually not as skewed as you would think. 15 times teams have played twice in the season & then a 3rd. time in the playoffs....... 10 of those times the team that swept the regular season games has won the 3rd game in the playoffs.

As my friend and fellow Viks fan visited on Sat. we didn't want them in the playoffs.  It will be just one game and they haven't got a snowballs chance outside of one game.  If by some miracle they defeat the Pack, I don't seem them going much further.  So regardless this is all for nothing.

640300[/snapback]

what a bunch of crapolla. :D If they beat the cheddarheads... they go to Philly where they almost won this year with TO on the field.

It's the playoffs & anything can happen.

But the only way Red would eat the salary is if it enhances the value of the team, right?

:D

641078[/snapback]

Uh, that's the no-brainer part. Tice has floundered all season, and it's cost the Vikings imo. Eat his salary and get Romeo Crenell in their. The Vikes need defense and disciplne, Crennell would bring both.

Uh, that's the no-brainer part. Tice has floundered all season, and it's cost the Vikings imo. Eat his salary and get Romeo Crenell in their. The Vikes need defense and disciplne, Crennell would bring both.

641081[/snapback]

I understand that. I guess I keep seeing the talk that Red is pretty stingy with his money since he is trying to sell the team. So my comment may be out of line because I do not fully understand if that really is what Red is, or has been, doing.

But then again, it could improve the value of the franchise if he gets someone in there that everyone feels is a great investment...I will defer to your judgment about Crennel, I am not very familiar with him.

EDIT: Ah, now I know who Crennel is. Didn't ring a bell with me when I saw your post.

Edited by Gunther