[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Your league rules/scoring/format...

ABearWithFurniture

Just curious as to what special formatting/rules other leagues have installed, and/or what you'd like to see...

I kind of like the bail rule msaint was talking about in his book regarding that if any of your players get arrested you have to put up $5 into the kitty in order to bail him out...

I'd also like to know about bonus points for long rushing/receiving TDs, if anybody uses these and what you like/dislike about them...

:D my hometown league has a bet each season. We all put money in the kitty $10.00 and the first athlete who is arrested, put in jail, cops a plea, or suspended for team rules, and is on your team, you get the $$. Its always interesting.

On a more positive note you could do all kinds of incentive type bets...if you have the ROY you could get the kitty...its all about what you can come up with.

We have two "party players". One of the wives picks two random players and whoever buys one of the players at the auction has to host a mid-season party!!! It is a great reason to get together and talk smack or trades.

Nothing to do with Jailed players but it does perk my interest for sure. We do have a point system in 1 of my leagues that awards TD's as follows:

1-9 yards 6pts

10-40 yards 9 pts

41+ 12 pts

It goes for rush/pass/rec. Also, dor defensive scores you get:

1-40 yds 5 pts

41+ 10 pts

Field Goals:

1-40 yds 3pts

41-49 yds 5 pts

50+ 10 pts

I don't really like the field goals too much but it does put a little incentive on your kicker for sure.

Our SB is week 16, so in week 17 we have a "free-for-all" where the highest team point total wins a cash prize. The owners like it because they get one last chance to win even if they didn't make the playoffs.

I kind of like the bail rule msaint was talking about in his book regarding that if any of your players get arrested you have to put up $5 into the kitty in order to bail him out...

643847[/snapback]

Tried to get this passed a few years ago in my local and there were no takers.

We have two "party players".  One of the wives picks two random players and whoever buys one of the players at the auction has to host a mid-season party!!!  It is a great reason to get together and talk smack or trades.

644576[/snapback]

I really like this idea tscorp. Even if not a party, you could do it for rounds of drinks, etc.

I'd also like to know about bonus points for long rushing/receiving TDs, if anybody uses these and what you like/dislike about them...

643847[/snapback]

My local with all my friends from when we were in college utilizes a major length based scoring system. TDs range from 5-20 points based on length.

So, basically we have been a TD based league with lesser points for yardage, but we are slowly moving towards a more performace based yardage system.

With the setup we have, it works okay as you could be down 30 points heading into Monday night but one 70 yard bomb gets you 20 points to get you right back into it.

personally, if you are in a true performance league where you get one point per 10 yards, then there is no need for the bonus TD points as longer TD plays already get you more points as you are getting rewarded for the yardage.

In thisparticular league, the longer TD points work as we don't get any points for yardage until a player reaches 60 yards (used to be 100). I do thnk the points should be lessened a bit, but it works for us.

We have two different pots - the playoff pot and the highscore-of-the-week pot. High score each week thru the 13-week regular season gets 1/13 of the high score pot. This keeps all teams interested through the regular season regardless of record. We also have a free-for-all in week 17.

Before week 12 we have a supplemental draft where teams can add up to 3 players to their roster and after that all rosters are frozen. Does anybody else do this?

I got tired of chasing down owners for transaction fees so a few years back I just upped the league fee and made the first 20 waiver pickups free but after the 20 freebies they are high priced.

We have a toilet bowl for the 6 teams that don't make the superbowl playoffs. The object is to win to get out of the bowl. The last 2 teams "Standing" have to pay money to the league super bowl party (loser pays more).

I've heard of one redraft league where, since they play their SB in week 17, the two teams get to drop 5-6 of their players and a new draft happens that week before the SB. The 1st seed gets their choice of any player, regardless of who's team they were on during the regular season (except for the players currently on the other playoff team). The other playoff team then gets their choice of any player not currently on the other playoff team's roster. This helps to negate some of the effects of the NFL teams benching their studs that week and adds another dimension to the SB...anybody use anything like that?

Our SB is week 16, so in week 17 we have a "free-for-all" where the highest team point total wins a cash prize. The owners like it because they get one last chance to win even if they didn't make the playoffs.

644678[/snapback]

I like that idea :D

Will bring it up in our meeting.

We have a fee for losing during each weeks head to head matchups. It costs a dime for each point they lose by. The site keeps tabs and it adds up pretty quick over the course of the season. That kitty is paid out in the bar for the honors night. :D One last rub against those who do not make the playoffs :D