[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Denver defense

CaptainHook

OK. I can understand feeling slighted when nobody on the planet is giving the Broncos a shot at winning in Indy. But just let it burn inside you. Let it give you the mental edge. Pray the Colts are overlooking you. But why, WHY, did you decide to piss off the Colts offense by calling the WR's soft? And if you are going to make such a statement, don't you think you should back it up? FORTY-NINE points? Oh, nice tackling too. And after 3 plays I knew Roc Alexander couldn't guard Reggie Wayne, but the "Mastermind" left the undrafted free agent in single coverage on Reggie the whole game. Reggie had 10 catches 221 yards 2 TD by the end. John Lynch had 3 tackles in the whole game. I don't think the Colts got your "message" from last week John. Especially Dallas Clark. He had 6 catches 112 yards and a TD. Unbelievable all the trash talk by the Broncos all week, and then they come out and play like a bunch of cheerleaders. Yeah, you were big and bad last week against the Colts second and third string. Enjoy the offseason.

Yeah, I noticed the same thing. Living in the Denver area, I heard and saw a lot of the trash-talking beforehand.

If you think that was bad, get this... In the post-game interviews and the late-night news, there isn't ONE comment by ANY broncos indicating any respect for the IND team. Where's the respect? Where's the sportsmanship? Where's the "We had a great week of practice, and really looked forward to this game. But, IND just outplayed us; we wish them luck the rest of the way."? Classless.

Nothing made me happier than seeing the Colts just wipe the turf with these bumbling idiot losers on the Broncos. Even if the Steelers win the SB it will have been a good postseason to just to see that moron Shanny get dressed down to the idiot he is. Shanny coaches about as well as Roc Alexander covered Reggie Wayne in that game. Here's hoping the colts continue the trend :D

I posted somethign along these lines a minute ago in another thread:

Marvin Harrison's block on Chump Bailey during Waynes 40 yrd screen TD was a final statement, or reply, to the Bronco's assertion that the Indi WRs were "soft". That Denver secondary left that game looking about as hard a an Easter Peep. After talking smack following a game against 2nd stringers, it doesn't surprise me that they wouldn't come out and say anything about being humiated a second year in a row.

OK.  I can understand feeling slighted when nobody on the planet is giving the Broncos a shot at winning in Indy.  But just let it burn inside you.  Let it give you the mental edge.  Pray the Colts are overlooking you.  But why, WHY, did you decide to piss off the Colts offense by calling the WR's soft?  And if you are going to make such a statement, don't you think you should back it up?  FORTY-NINE points?  Oh, nice tackling too.  And after 3 plays I knew Roc Alexander couldn't guard Reggie Wayne, but the "Mastermind" left the undrafted free agent in single coverage on Reggie the whole game.  Reggie had 10 catches 221 yards 2 TD by the end.  John Lynch had 3 tackles in the whole game.  I don't think the Colts got your "message" from last week John.  Especially Dallas Clark.  He had 6 catches 112 yards and a TD.  Unbelievable all the trash talk by the Broncos all week, and then they come out and play like a bunch of cheerleaders.  Yeah, you were big and bad last week against the Colts second and third string.  Enjoy the offseason.

648046[/snapback]

Not sure why they came out and started talking smack as well. Pretty dumb move in my opinion. Everyone on the face of the earth knew that if Alexander was matched up on Wayne or Stokley for that matter, the game was over. The problem is that Herndon is no better. As a matter of fact, Herndon is terrible and has been terrible all season.

What frustrates me as a Bronco fan is that they knew what was coming and it didn't seem like they did anything on offense or defense to try and stop it. Shanny is known as an offensive genius right!!!! Where is the creativity to keep the chains moving. Indy's second TD was a perfect example of creativity. I saw absolutely none from Denver all year. Very frustrating year for us Denver fans. Another year were we start out great and end up just awful!!!!

:DB):D:DB):yay::moon::moon:

........ :D

....................................................... ::moon:

the above is a pass pattern run by Reggie Wayne(he is the banana for those that didnt know it) the defender missing the chuck in the 1st 5 yrds is Rock ALexander) the yawning one is Lynch he is old and tired)

Edited by keggerz

:DB):D:DB):yay::moon::moon:

........ :D

....................................................... ::moon:

the above is a pass pattern run by Reggie Wayne(he is the banana for those that didnt know it) the defender missing the chuck in the 1st 5 yrds is Rock ALexander)  the  yawning one is Lynch he is old and tired)

648871[/snapback]

:yay::yay:

I will admit I thought the Broncos would at least make it a game.  I was wrong....the Colts are just firing on all cylinders right now and are going to be tough to beat.

649065[/snapback]

I honestly think that they can be beat by rain or snow on Sunday. Can they function as a grind it out in mud and muck squad? I don't know...

And that's not just sour grapes. Well... it's mostly sour grapes... :D

I honestly think that they can be beat by rain or snow on Sunday.  Can they function as a grind it out in mud and muck squad?  I don't know...

And that's not just sour grapes.  Well... it's mostly sour grapes... :D

649084[/snapback]

Well, I will add I think the Colts are going to have some "issues" in Foxboro!

Here's the only possible explanation I can think of:

The Broncos DBs know they are totally outclassed by the Colts WRs.

They go into last week's game (Week 17 regular season) thinking "We know we're going to have to play these guys next week."

So - we know we can't handle them, and we know we're going to have to play them again next week. What can we possibly do?

The only thing we can do is try to get in their head somehow.

Maybe if we tell them they are soft, they'll try to do something out of the ordinary to prove us wrong. Maybe if one of us takes a cheap shot at them over the middle, we'll have a prayer. Maybe if we talk *** all week, they'll try to do something that that's outside of their normal gameplan. Maybe we can take them out of their game.

Obviously, the Colts didn't bite. But I don't blame the Broncos for trying. They knew they were going to get their butts kicked and they tried to do anything they could to distract the Colts' attention during the week. A lame strategy, but really it was all they could do.