[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Huddle knows now....

uglytuna

We all now know the Steelers won't be going to the Super Bowl. You think that team can play like that against NE or Indy.

Now way....

Ugly :D Tuna

PS. I personally know that if it was Vinateri kicking those field goals the Steelers would be playing golf on Monday.

We all now know the Steelers won't be going to the Super Bowl.  You think that team can play like that against NE or Indy.

Now way....

Ugly :D Tuna

PS.  I personally know that if it was Vinateri kicking those field goals the Steelers would be playing golf on Monday.

656313[/snapback]

Keep talking, there sparky. :D Steelers are playing at home for the AFC Championship. We don't yet know whether the Pats will be there.

We all now know the Steelers won't be going to the Super Bowl.  You think that team can play like that against NE or Indy.

Now way....

656313[/snapback]

As an impartial observer of the AFC playoffs, I have to agree. If Big Ben has another stinky game against the Patriots (I think NE will beat the Colts) or the Colts, it's going to be a sad Sunday in the Steel City. JMHO.

Edited by Wolverines Fan

As an impartial observer of the AFC playoffs, I have to agree.  If Big Ben has another stinky game against the Patriots (I think NE will beat the Colts) or the Colts, it's going to be a sad Sunday in the Steel City.  JMHO.

656364[/snapback]

And if Brady has another stinky game against the Steelers (even if he does make it that far), it's going to be another sad Sunday for the New England fans.

And if Brady has another stinky game against the Steelers (even if he does make it that far), it's going to be another sad Sunday for the New England fans.

656376[/snapback]

Don't forget -- The Patriots will have Cory Dillon this time. They didn't have him the last time they played your team, and the Steelers blitzed the heck out of him. :D I wouldn't count on Brady tanking it again.

Don't forget -- The Patriots will have Cory Dillon this time.  They didn't have him the last time they played your team, and the Steelers blitzed the heck out of him.  :D  I wouldn't count on Brady tanking it again.

656383[/snapback]

Cory Dillon? :D I'm not afraid of former-Bungle Cory Dillon.

And unless Dick LeBeau has compleately lost his mind, he'll be sending them again against Brady. Allowing him to sit in the pocket and pick apart our secondary would be a hugh mistake. I'd rather take the risk of the big play than watch are shaky secondary systematically picked apart.

Cory Dillon?  :D  I'm not afraid of former-Bungle Cory Dillon. 

And unless Dick LeBeau has compleately lost his mind, he'll be sending them again against Brady.  Allowing him to sit in the pocket and pick apart our secondary would be a hugh mistake.  I'd rather take the risk of the big play than watch are shaky secondary systematically picked apart.

656386[/snapback]

:D Dillon finished third in the leauge in rushing yards with 1,635 and scored 12 touchdowns. Priest he is not, but I wouldn't take him lightly.

:D Dillon finished third in the leauge in rushing yards with 1,635 and scored 12 touchdowns.  Priest he is not, but I wouldn't take him lightly.

656400[/snapback]

Steelers D gave up a grand total of 1299 rushing yards all regular season (average 81/game)and a total of 8 rushing TDs, and has allowed only one 100+ yard rushing performance this year (Rudi Johnson, week 4).

(In the first matchup, the Pats had a grand total of 5 rushing yards against the Steelers D. )

Let's look at the top 5 rushers in the league:

Martin finished 1st in the league. He carried 24 times for 72 yards and no TD in their regular season matchup, and 19 for 77 and no TDs today.

Tiki Barber, 5th in the league, had 18 carries for 76 yards and 1 TD.

The other 3 in the top 5 didn't face the Steelers - Alexander and James because their teams didn't face the Steelers, Cory Dillon because he was afraid to. :D

Again - I'm not afraid of Cory Dillon.

Squeegie- You should be proud, your team won and the Pats have yet to play and even make it to the AFC championship... I personally think they beat the Colts... just a gut feel... (well, I am a Pats fan)..

However, two factors to consider.... The Pats confuse many veteran QB's and I think they could expose the Rookie IF they played again...

And the other factor, for fear of sounding redundant, is Cory Dillon. I mean really, after Dillon they drop off to Faulk and Pass...

Dillon has been a a horse for a $hit ball team..... he now plays for the world champs and that's a different story...

Like I said, we need to win tomorrow or this is a moot point... but I still believe the Pats win it all.... :D

However, two factors to consider.... The Pats confuse many veteran QB's and I think they could expose the Rookie IF they played again...

And the other factor, for fear of sounding redundant, is Cory Dillon. I mean really, after Dillon they drop off to Faulk and Pass...

Dillon has been a a horse for a $hit ball team..... he now plays for the world champs and that's a different story...

656412[/snapback]

THe Pats may have trouble confusing even a rookie if all he has to do is hand the ball off. :D (I agree that Ben will likely have trouble if the Pats shut down the Steelers running game or the Steelers fall behind early).

As for Cory Dillon - see my post abve.

As a Steeler fan do you really think you deserve to win that game....Jets kicked your ass up and down that feel. 

Doesn't it matter, NE or the Colts....The Steelers have no shot!

656414[/snapback]

I already said the Steelers were lucky to win. They won't get caught off guard again.

Being only 1 game away and having homefield advantage, I like the Steelers' chances a lot better than your Patsies.

You gonna come here and face the music if your precious Pats get their arses handed to them by the Colts?

As a Steeler fan do you really think you deserve to win that game....Jets kicked your ass up and down that feel. 

656414[/snapback]

It was a lucky win to be sure...we got our ass kicked almost as bad as the Pats against the Dolphins!!

Where is the AFC Championship Game??? Oh, yeah. :D

Edited by wolfden1

Doesn't it matter, NE or the Colts....The Steelers have no shot!

Your Tuna!

656414[/snapback]

Honestly, maybe I am too much of a Steeler homer but there is no way that I could begin to say that the Jets kicked the Steelers ass at anything other than the turnover game.

I mean the Jets offense scored a total of 3 points. Could have been 9 but it was 3. The Steelers drove up and down the field in the second half with very little trouble.

Yes, the Steelers are lucky to have won but in my opinion it was a lot more of the Steelers giving the game away they the Jets taking the game away. I mean a Bettis fumble? It's been 353 carries since the last time I saw him do that.

Again, maybe my homer eyes are too black and gold but I think that was a great game and the Steelers with a little luck found a way to prevail.

656412[/snapback]

The gospel according to an intelligent football fan.

Steelers D gave up a grand total of 1299 rushing yards all regular season (average 81/game)and a total of 8 rushing TDs, and has allowed only one 100+ yard rushing performance this year (Rudi Johnson, week 4).

(In the first matchup, the Pats had a grand total of 5 rushing yards against the Steelers D.  )

Let's look at the top 5 rushers in the league:

Martin finished 1st in the league.  He carried 24 times for 72 yards and no TD in their regular season matchup, and 19 for 77 and no TDs today.

Tiki Barber, 5th in the league, had 18 carries for 76 yards and 1 TD. 

The other 3 in the top 5 didn't face the Steelers - Alexander and James because their teams didn't face the Steelers, Cory Dillon because he was afraid to.   :D

Again - I'm not afraid of Cory Dillon.

656406[/snapback]

The Steelers played the third easiest schedule in the league this year. Opponents 2003 winning percentage is .477. That would make team's stats look good, especially on defense.

The Pats had a grand total of five yards rushing because, again, Dillon didn't play and Kevin Faulk, his backup, is not very good.

Martin had to carry his team's offense because nobody respects Pennington and the Jets passing game. It was easy for the Steelers' D to gang up on him. Martin isn't even the Jets' best back.

Tiki Barber had to carry his team because of E. Manning. It was also easy for the Steeelers' D to gang up on him because nobody respects a passing game under the direction of a rookie QB. Of course the Steelers made Eli look like Peyton back in Week 15.

Rudi Johnson had to carry his team and faced seven and eight man fronts because opposing teams did not respect Carson Palmer and the Bengals passing game.

The Steelers defense has not been tested by a top back playing in a legitmate, balanced offense. That will happen next Sunday.

And Big Ben R-berger...looked like a deer standing by the road caught in the headlights from a passing truck. If he plays badly again...

Edited by Wolverines Fan

:coach:S-N-O-W!

well...looks like the Super Bowl is today in Foxboro...Steelers will never put up enough points to beat either NE or IND next week...

line is down to 1, or even pick-em if you look hard...better jump on that now...latest weather prediction calls for snow around game time...line should jump back up from here, as all the snow money comes in on NE... :D

:coach:S-N-O-W!

well...looks like the Super Bowl is today in Foxboro...Steelers will never put up enough points to beat either NE or IND next week...

line is down to 1, or even pick-em if you look hard...better jump on that now...latest weather prediction calls for snow around game time...line should jump back up from here, as all the snow money comes in on NE... :D

656499[/snapback]

I already got cash on the Pats at -2.5 They are at -1 right now. If I could get 'em at a PK, I'd probably lay some more cash.

GO PATS. We'll have to wait and see what happens. It's gonna be a helluva game.

Ben

Edited by Ben-waa