[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Doug Brien will be cut tomorrow!

Brewser

I am not a Jet fan, but I was rooting for them since I am a Patriot fan. Doug will be cut by Monday. With his 2 missed FG's they lost the game. You have to be able to kick in the clutch. Even if you missed one earlier in the game you need to make the game winner.

If I was a Jets fan I would have a headache and have gone to bed early.

Funny how people are always so quick to blame the kicker when he doesn't make that winning field goal. It wasn't the kicker that put the Jets in that position in the first place. Brien had the winning kick last week & has been a very good kicker for the Jets.

I am not a Jet fan, but I was rooting for them since I am a Patriot fan. Doug will be cut by Monday. With his 2 missed FG's they lost the game. You have to be able to kick in the clutch. Even if you missed one earlier in the game you need to make the game winner.

If I was a Jets fan I would have a headache and have gone to bed early.

656339[/snapback]

If he gets cut, half the teams in the NFL will audition him for next year. He's a good kicker. Today was just inexplicable.

He'll always have a job in the Pittsburgh front office ... :D

As a Jets fan, those two misses are making me sick to my stomach. I know it was preliminary but my friend and I were already thinking about going to the game in Indy should they win tomorrow. I hope I was what jinxed it!! I like Brien but come on, you are paid to kick, be focused and go out there and win the game. Oh well, at least I have a Guinness in front of me to drown my sorrows.

As a Jets fan, those two misses are making me sick to my stomach.  I know it was preliminary but my friend and I were already thinking about going to the game in Indy should they win tomorrow.  I hope I was what jinxed it!!  I like Brien but come on, you are paid to kick, be focused and go out there and win the game.  Oh well, at least I have a Guinness in front of me to drown my sorrows.

656365[/snapback]

Your team played well. Tough way to lose. I thought you had (us).

If he gets cut, half the teams in the NFL will audition him for next year.  He's a good kicker.  Today was just inexplicable.

656352[/snapback]

He missed an easy FG last week and nearly missed a ~ 40-yarder in the same game. I'm not saying that he's a BAD kicker, but he has certainly not been playing well lately.

Brien should've made the field goals, but the Jets offense also could've done more than just get into field goal range. Did they even get in the red zone? If you blame the kicker, then you have to blame the offense, too. Pennington and the rest didn't get it done.

Funny how people are always so quick to blame the kicker when he doesn't make that winning field goal.

656341[/snapback]

:D Well, uh....could you enlighten me, and tell me who's *** fault it is then? :D Kickers are a bit different than other players when it comes to this. They are expected to step onto that field with their little wussy ass soccer shoes and kick the ball through those uprights. That's it. Yes, to win the game or lose it many times. I know you can always go back and say "Well, if the coach wasn't being so conservative" or "If Pennington hadn't thrown that INT" and "they put themselves in that position" ....but the bottom line is that they know the range of their kicker, and when given the opportunity he is expected to make those kicks. He had 2 chances to put that game away....2 chances! What a choke job.

Edited by Hitman

Brien should've made the field goals, but the Jets offense also could've done more than just get into field goal range. Did they even get in the red zone? If you blame the kicker, then you have to blame the offense, too. Pennington and the rest didn't get it done.

656407[/snapback]

The Jets' inability to score a single offensive TD cannot be overlooked. That said, an NFL kicker CANNOT miss a 43-yd FG under near-ideal conditions. Hell, Wilkins just made a 55-yarder a few minutes ago.

...Brien had the winning kick last week & has been a very good kicker for the Jets.

656341[/snapback]

:D Have you already forgotten the kick he missed at StL on Jan 2 ? :D

Funny how people are always so quick to blame the kicker when he doesn't make that winning field goal. It wasn't the kicker that put the Jets in that position in the first place. Brien had the winning kick last week & has been a very good kicker for the Jets.

656341[/snapback]

The KICKING GAME!!! I hate it when the game comes down to the KICKING GAME!!!! :D

(I guess that's why they call it FOOTball! :D)

IMHO, the loss to the Steelers was not totaly his fault. When your team doesn't score an offensive touchdown, that makes it tough to win, obviously.

The Jets do have a decision to make about Brien. Dont' forget - Brien was shaky last week, too. He missed a 33-yard field goal, just barely made an extra point and banged another field goal off an upright (he did make it). I know he did make the game-winning kick against the Chargers, but I think consistency is important.

Edited by Wolverines Fan

The Jets' inability to score a single offensive TD cannot be overlooked.  That said, an NFL kicker CANNOT miss a 43-yd FG under near-ideal conditions.  Hell, Wilkins just made a 55-yarder a few minutes ago.

656415[/snapback]

Well, if he CANNOT miss a 43 yarder, why bother kicking at all? If a drive peters out around the 43 yard kicking range, let's just give the offense 3 points and be done with it. :D

Heinz Field is nortoriously kicker-unfriendly. 

I don't think he should be cut.

656409[/snapback]

This is true. Remember how awful Kris Brown (?) became once the new field opened? Horrible. The winds swirl something terrible there.

IMHO, the loss to the Steelers was not totaly his fault.  When your team doesn't score an offensive touchdown, that makes it tough to win, obviously.

The Jets do have a decision to make about Brien.  Dont' forget - Brien was shaky last week, too.  He missed a 33-yard field goal, just barely made an extra point and banged another field goal off an upright (he did make it).  I know he did make the game-winning kick against the Chargers, but I think consistency is important.

656456[/snapback]

Wait a minute. You've cited four examples above and Brien made three of them. How is that inconsistent? Three for four is 75%, only a shade below the NFL average, and here we're only talking about 4 kicks.

Wait a minute.  You've cited four examples above and Brien made three of them.  How is that inconsistent?  Three for four is 75%, only a shade below the NFL average, and here we're only talking about 4 kicks.

656465[/snapback]

He came through with the game winner, but he looked shaky with the XPA and the field goal he double-doinked (Madden said that). He could have easily missed those. Okay...inconsistent is probably not the right word. I should have stopped with shaky. :D