[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Does Bettis plan on celebrating......

Tokes

Cause it is starting to make me nervous.    :D

656501[/snapback]

After what Jerome has done for this team this year, he can do whatever he pleases. My Golden Retriever's name is Bettis, he is one of my favorite Steelers, and I am happy to admit I was WRONG about this guy. In pre-season I said "I hate to say it, but Bettis doens't have it anymore" Fact is, you can't measure a guys heart and this guy is AMAZING !!!!

His celebrations arent as much for the 5 yards as they are for the 3 defenders that he literally runs over. Watch in future games when he celebrates there is always 2 or 3 guys that had a shot at him and they are laying on the ground trying to remember their names :D ! This man runs right through people and gets really excited about it. I say until you can tackle him let him celebrate .

He celebrates after every 2 yard run. He celebrates when he ties his shoes.

656617[/snapback]

Or when he piles up 100 yard games, moves up the all-time rush list, wins games, and gets inducted into the hall of fame !!!!

I like Bettis a lot and I think he is a huge reason why Pitt is where they are but his celebrations after every play are getting a little ridiculous.Who does he think he is Jeremy Shockey???

We have players fake mooning, cheering with pompom, using cell phones, and signing footballs with Shapries, but there are people worried about Jerome Bettis shaking his head after running people over ? :D

We have players fake mooning, cheering with pompom, using cell phones, and signing footballs with Shapries, but there are people worried about Jerome Bettis shaking his head after running people over ?  :D

656629[/snapback]

I almost put the same thing in my post but i stayed away. Good point!

We have players fake mooning, cheering with pompom, using cell phones, and signing footballs with Shapries, but there are people worried about Jerome Bettis shaking his head after running people over ?  :D

656629[/snapback]

Good lord, I am writing like Ugly Tuna. I need more sleep.

You get the feeling that if Randy Moss was a Steeler, Menudo would have a picture of him shaking his a** on his wall. Barry Sanders racked up more yards, and a hell of alot more bewildered tacklers in his wake...and just handed the ball to the official. I agree, the way Bettis celebrates is tame compared to others, but cut out the head shake and just take pride in a job well done.

You get the feeling that if Randy Moss was a Steeler, Menudo would have a picture of him shaking his a** on his wall. Barry Sanders racked up more yards, and a hell of alot more bewildered tacklers in his wake...and just handed the ball to the official. I agree, the way Bettis celebrates is tame compared to others, but cut out the head shake and just take pride in a job well done.

656642[/snapback]

Joey Porter is a very good Steeler, he celebrates 2 yard stops and often acts like an :D I certainly don't have his poster on the wall, I don't celebrate him, and I wish he would just play football. Bettis celeberations are just how he pumps himself and the crowd up. Nothing more, nothing less.

Edited by Menudo

Remember, it is about 5 yards from your seat to the line when you are bowling :D

He needs to just go ahead and pay the $5k fine and wear bowling colored shoes in the next game..

656653[/snapback]

Bowling ? :D

I like the Bus, always have, seems like a decent dude & a hard worker.:D

But the mythologically heroic Roethlisberger (in these forums, mostly, and in the press) and his Steelers barely escaped with one yesterday...very, very lucky. He looked like an average rookie QB at best, and made some terrible throws/decisions under pressure. Steelers fans should be buying lottery tickets today.

Hey, if everyone can bash a 2-time SB MVP after one bad regular season game against the Fins, then the teflon Roth deserves his punishment today for playing a large role in what was almost a huge upset loss.

I like the Bus, always have, seems like a decent dude & a hard worker.:D

But the mythologically heroic Roethlisberger (in these forums, mostly, and in the press) and his Steelers barely escaped with one yesterday...very, very lucky. He looked like an average rookie QB at best, and made some terrible throws/decisions under pressure. Steelers fans should be buying lottery tickets today.

Hey, if everyone can bash a 2-time SB MVP after one bad regular season game against the Fins, then the teflon Roth deserves his punishment today for playing a large role in what was almost a huge upset loss.

656658[/snapback]

Agreed. You should write a book.... :D

Edited by Menudo

Bettis celeberations are just how he pumps himself and the crowd up.  Nothing more, nothing less.

656650[/snapback]

You forgot pumping up his teammates. The Bus is the emotional leader of the offense - he carries the rest of them along on his momentum.

I'm generally not a fan of celebrations after routine plays, but I do believe the Steelers' offense feeds off of the energy that the Bus creates, especially in games like that one.

It is nothing excessive, not a distraction from the game but an integral part of keeping the energy level high, keeping his team believing that no one can stop them - that they can beat anyone.

I think when Bettis does his celebration after every good run, he psyches the defense up and to me he will have them bring there best game against him! So atleast he knows he is getting the best out of every player!  :D

656674[/snapback]

Well, Bettis has gotten a 100 yards in every one of his starts, so if that is what he does against a psyched up defense, that is fine by me !!!! :D

656657[/snapback]

He was making reference to the fact that Bettis is an avid bowler and a very good one. I've always admired his style of play. Plus he's a fellow graduate of the Detroit Public Schools (Mckenzie High, I believe).

656657[/snapback]

Bettis is a heck of a bowler ... literally ...

As for his gyrations, as long as they stay in the context of maintaining his team's enthusiasm and not over in the world of drawing attention away from the team to himself, it's all good. Once he's struggling against this team for attention, then an intervention is needed. That's the line that's out there.

Dude bowled a perfect game.  :D

I'd love to see him go to the PBA when he retires.  The head shake would look so reserved compared to Pete Weber's antics.  :D

656792[/snapback]

Squeegie watches bowling... :D

B)