[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Michael Vick: Fact of Fiction

WaterMan

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he carried a mediocre team with a rookie head coach and a new offense to a 12-4 record and the nfc championship.  dunn and duckett a great running game?  peerless price and dez white a good wr corps?  gimme a break.  the next best thing (after vick) you can say about atlanta is that they have a pretty good defense.

670458[/snapback]

The best thing you can say about Atlanta is that they play in the NFC.

Even a QB in a new offense still has to know how to read a defense.  Funny, most QBs know how to read defenses by the time they get out of college.  Perhaps Vick needs to go back to college to be "re-educated."

670453[/snapback]

Why? is going to the NFC Championship game not enough? It seems to be for Peyton.

:D

...but I have not seen much in him to suggest that he can take the step up to being a very good passer and until then, he's just the highest level of high-school QB style where you always put your best athlete as your QB so he can run it.

660357[/snapback]

:D

My thoughts EX-ACT-LY! It is painful to watch the Falcons play Big Boy Football, with "Johnny panic run" at QB.

If I read this right, you are saying Vick is the most highly accomplished High School syle QB ever. Elway would have been the first, but he did learn how to throw the rock. It wasn't until he had to throw instead of depending on his wheels that he actually WON a Super Bowl!

I've heard QB's say that it took them around three years of playing, not holding a clipboard on the sidelines, before the game slowed down for them.

Steve Young said it was like that for him in San Fran and he'd been in the league as a sideline QB for how many years before finally getting the chance to start? He said one day he was out there and everything just slowed down till it was almost in slow motion for him. From then on, he never looked back on his way to a Hall of Fame career.

Considering Vick has only had one year playing in Dan Reeves Offense, then basically a year on the sidelines and now one year playing in Mora's WCO Offense, I think I'll wait a little bit more, before writing him off as a passer. You fellas can do what you want.

I'd like to see him break the 60+% completion barrier next year, like McNabb did this year. 'Course in previous years without T.O., McNabb didn't have that high of a completion %, so I guess I'll have to hope for progression not only from Vick, but Jenkins as well.

It wasn't until he had to throw instead of depending on his wheels that he actually WON a Super Bowl!

670527[/snapback]

Actually, it wasn't until the Donkeys got a credible running game, that Elway WON a Super Bowl. You might've even heard of the RB. Terrell Davis was his name. :D

Actually, it wasn't until the Donkeys got a credible running game, that Elway WON a Super Bowl. You might've even heard of the RB. Terrell Davis was his name. :D

670658[/snapback]

Exactly! Terrell Davis was the guy that got Elway over the hump more than anything else.

Although I agree it was TD that brought the Bronco's over the top, let's not diminish Elway's abilities here. He brought them to several SBs on his own and it is a hard fact that they haven't won a playoff game ever since he retired.

I REALLY dislike the Bronco's, but Elway was King.

Dan Patrick today, on his radio program, pretty much nuked Vick. He admitted that Vick can run the ball well... but that's it. He's a horribly innacurate passer, he turns teh ball over a lot and loses a lot of yards on sacks.

Sure, I'm a long known disbeliever in "Vick-as-God" and this hillarious idea that he's great cuz the falcons can't win games without him (in one of the worst Confernce's in NFL history). But Dan Patrick is Dan Patrick, and his opinion should carry more weight than mine, no?

and his opinion should carry more weight than mine, no?

670864[/snapback]

Opinions...opinions...hmmm what are they good for.....not much really. It's just a singular POV that holds weight with people that already think that way.........

He's a horribly innacurate passer, he turns teh ball over a lot and loses a lot of yards on sacks.

It's nice to grill a QB when he has only a TE who can catch huh? And did you see how the Falcons O line couldn't block anyone for the Eagles? Are you going to blame Vick for that? He doesn't have the luxury of a great, or even half decent, pass blocking line. But pass blocking doesn't matter when his WRs can't do anything.

Please read this next part to the tune of "Paint it Black" by the Rolling Stones...

eh-hem...

Wa-wa-wa-wah-we-wah-wa-wa-wah-we-waaaahhh...

Peerless Price was pretty F'n good in Buffalo, that's why Atl went after him.

That weak O line your describing was good enough for Atl to have one of teh best Rushing games in the NFL. It's only conveint that now they suck after Vick is crushed in the NFC Championship game. You say it's only pass blocking that's weak? Well, that wasn't much of a problem during the season when all the Vickers were crowning him King of the NFL. Seeing Vick exposed on national TV must be like finding out Santa isn't real and the Easter Bunny is a hoax (18 was a tuff year for me...).

They have a weak pass blocking line. Have you watched the games this season? I guess not. He has 3 steps, MAYBE, and has to hope that one of those 3 Pro Bowl receivers are open.

And did you see him on National TV against the Rams, or did that not count?

Edited by WaterMan

They have a weak pass blocking line. Have you watched the games this season? I guess not. He has 3 steps, MAYBE, and has to hope that one of those 3 Pro Bowl receivers are open.

And did you see him on National TV against the Rams, or did that not count?

671295[/snapback]

Sure I did. And against weak defense's, he can get away with stuff like that. Philli's Defense crushd him, and it wasn't the first tim ethis season it happened. His numbers sucked all year and he had several embarassing outings. Did you see any of those? I have the package and I did (well, not the entire games... ). Vick looks great at moments, medicocre at others and plain horrible WAY too many times to be considered amongst the best.

Did you see any of those? I have the package and I did (well, not the entire games... ). Vick looks great at moments, medicocre at others and plain horrible WAY too many times to be considered amongst the best.

671414[/snapback]

Those brief flashes of greatest are why that I am so excited if he ever gets a good pass blocking O line and a decent WR or two. He's not among the best, but he has potential to be one of the best if it all pulls together.

Those brief flashes of greatest are why that I am so excited if he ever gets a good pass blocking O line and a decent WR or two. He's not among the best, but he has potential to be one of the best if it all pulls together.

671428[/snapback]

As long as I have been on record as him being overrated, I have also been on record saying he has potential.

But potential "great" does not make.

Right now, he is marketed and sold to th epublic as being "great". He's not, he's actually pretty bad outside of a few artful dodger-like moves. There are too many people trying too hard to make excuses for why he isn't any better. He has a decent line, there are much worse in the NFL. He has decent WRs, there are much worse in the NFL. McNabb made it to 4 NFC Championship games with no great WRs or RBs.