[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Let's talk NFL draft

Jackass

It is still way to early to tell who is going to draft whom. My first question is will Brees still be in SD? If he is leaving, that shakes things up for a lot of teams. Also, with what seems like a huge number of FA and RFA RB's, it is hard to know who is going to need a back in the draft. I love playing what if as much as the next guy, but it is way to early to start drooling over who you team is going to draft, until after your team has taken it's shot a free agents, and resigning it's own free agents.

when your team is out of it, it's time to look towards the draft! I have a countdown going at work, can't wait! I think after the Super Bowl, it's my favorite single sports day of the year.

Does anyone know of a good list of FA and RFA? I'd like to see who the next Joe Johnson... er, REGGIE WHITE is that Green Bay can sign.

If there aren't any good DE available, you're darn right I'm scouting Marcus Spears, Chris Canty, Cody and other guys who look like they can stop the run and rush the passer!

I would have put Leinart at #1 to the Niners, but since he's staying for one more year of Animal House, I'd bet it's Alex Smith to the Niners.

My thoughts:

If Oakland doesn't add a high profile back through the draft or FA they're crazy.

If Alexander doesn't go to MIA, they'll have to take Benson off the board.

Braylon Edwards may go to the Browns.

Carolina would not pass on Heath Miller if he's available, unless they go conservative with the lineman from Oklahoma. They need a pass catching tight end BAD.

I'd love to see Ronnie Brown to my seahawks! With the extra cash saved from Alexander spent on Ken Lucas and some front seven help on defense.

Here is Mel Kiper's first mock draft. I know, it's Mel so take it for what it's worth :D . Man, he does have some sweet hair though.

1) San Fran- Alex Smith, QB, Utah

2) Miami- Cedric Benson, RB, Texas

3) Cleveland- Arron Rodger, QB, California

4) Chicago- Ronnie Brown, RB, Auburn

5) Tamp- Carnel Williams, RB, Auburn

6) Tennessee- Adam Jones, CB, W Virginia

7) Oakland- Dan Cody, DE, Oklahoma

8) Arizona- Travis Johnson, DT, FSU :D

9) Washington- Braylon Edwards, WR, Michigan

10) Detroit- Heath Miller, TE, Virginia

11) Dallas- Shawnee Merriman, DE/OLB, Maryland

12) San Diego- Derrick Johnson, OLB, Texas

13) Houston- Mike Williams, WR, USC

14) Carolina- Jammall Brown, OT, Oklahoma

15) Kansas City- Antrell Rolle, CB, scUM

16) New Orleans- Thomas Davis, OLB, Georgia

17) Cincinnati- Erasmus James, DE, Wisconsin

18) Minnesota- Shaun Cody, DL, USC

19) St. Louis- David Pollack, DE, Georgia

20) Dallas- Troy Williamson, WR, South Carolina

21) Jacksonville- Alex Barron, OT, FSU B)

22) Baltimore- Roddy White, WR, UAB

23) Seattle- Darryl Blackstock, OLB, Virginia

24) Green Bay- Channing Crowder, MLB, florida

25) Denver- Matt Roth, DE, Iowa

26) New York(Jets)- Carlos Rogers, CB, Auburn

27) Atlanta- Brandon Browner, CB, Oregon State

28) San Diego- Roscoe Parrish, WR, scUM

29) Indianapolis- Bryant McFadden, CB, FSU :D

30) New England- Justin Miller, CB, Clemson

31) Philadelphia- Justin Tuck, DE, Notre Dame

32) Pittsburgh- Alex Smith, TE, Stanford

24) Green Bay- Channing Crowder, MLB, florida

661284[/snapback]

Yeah it's Mel but I find the pick interesting. If they did this it would mean moving Barnett to Will (some say he'd be better off there) and Diggs back to Sam. Makes sense to me, but Sherman and Co. have insisted since they picked Barnett that he's a MLB.

Edited by A Little Bit Special

Haven't heard much about Chowder, but assuming he's fast, as a Florida LB. I like Nick at MLB, he's led the team in tackles 2 years in a row. I think it was just a sophomore slump and a new def coord who wasn't as good as Donatell. I'd MUCH, MUCH rather see 2 or 3 of our starting defensive linemen replaced with capable every down starters. Hunt should go, Kampman can start for KGB, KGB can come in on passing situations and then get a big strong FA DT in the Goose, Ted Washington, Sapp mold and DRAFT A DARN DE WHO CAN STOP THE RUN AND RUSH THE PASSER!

Here is Mel Kiper's first mock draft. I know, it's Mel so take it for what it's worth  :D . Man, he does have some sweet hair though.

13) Houston- Mike Williams, WR, USC

661284[/snapback]

Andre Johnson on one side, Mike Williams on the other, that would be sweet :D , but I doubt very seriously we would go WR. I would like to see them get some O-line help this year, as that is by far our weakest link.

Here is Mel Kiper's first mock draft. I know, it's Mel so take it for what it's worth  :D . Man, he does have some sweet hair though.

6) Tennessee- Adam Jones, CB, W Virginia

661284[/snapback]

The only way I see this happening is if they cut Rolle because of the cap. If they keep him, then I see them taking a OT instead.

The only way I see this happening is if they cut Rolle because of the cap.  If they keep him, then I see them taking a OT instead.

661936[/snapback]

I remember reading recently that they won't be able to keep Dyson. Rolle is a stud I would be surprised if they cut him.