[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Travis Henry

Piranha

I agree with Balzac. What does Henry need to do for you people to prove he is a true number 1 RB? The guy played with cracked ribs and a broken leg and still produced when he was out there. I watched many of the Bills' games and he is very quick to the hole.

Anyway, off the soapbox; I'm not a big college fan but I've heard this is going to be a good year for running backs. If this is indeed true, I guess that could limit Henry's choices as to where he goes. Especially with the free agent picture undecided.

I see the point. I've just got a bit of a pipe dream going that we could land one of the Auburn backs. I'd love to have my cake and eat it too. ( I live in the South and love SEC football, that's why I've always been big on Alexander).

What do you think Hass is going to do? I've got a real feeling he's going to play the loyalty card and sign for less. I can't imagine the Hawks let him try the market.

661324[/snapback]

I think also that Hasselbeck will be signed quickly. He had a great radio interview last week where he was quoted as saying:

"I want to be the first one to resign with the Seahawks. We have a lot of unfinished business here, and I want to be able to help recruit other players to sign."(paraphrased from memory) When asked if franchised, will he sit out training camp, he replied "No, I'm not one of those guys". This speaks volumes about his commitment to the team, especially when contrasted this with Alexander's "I'll go where providence places me" type comments.

Thanks for the good news Bonehand!

I can't stomach the thought of life with Dilfer under center! :D

If Hass was to become available on the market he'd have to be considered near the top if not the top free agent on the market.

I'd see Arizona, Cleveland, Dallas ( perish the thought ), Miami, Tampa, and Chicago all in the mix.

I see the point. I've just got a bit of a pipe dream going that we could land one of the Auburn backs. I'd love to have my cake and eat it too. ( I live in the South and love SEC football, that's why I've always been big on Alexander).

What do you think Hass is going to do? I've got a real feeling he's going to play the loyalty card and sign for less. I can't imagine the Hawks let him try the market.

661324[/snapback]

Hasselbeck will stay, he said he wanted to be the first to re-sign and get things going. :D

I don't get it.  1747 total yards, 14 TDs . . . 1514 total yards, 11 TDs (in 15 games and playing on a broken leg for a chunk of the season) - those are his stats from 2002 and 2003.  2004 was a wash from the get-go . . . they knew they were switching to McGahee from day 1.

While he doesn't have breakway speed, he's a bowling ball of a back that just doesn't go down.  He's got quick feet and accelerates to the hole very well.

I'm just curious - if he's shown that he can carry the load of a #1 back (and carry it very well), why do you think he's better suited as a backup or part of a RBBC?

661287[/snapback]

Because any average back would have done as well in his situation. The Bills knew he was an average back which is why they went for the upgrade to McGahee. There are a lot of RB's who carried that sort of load with good results - A-Train, any number of Denver backs, Goings, etc. etc. who are not above average backs but who had the opportunity and situation. RB's are not plug and play per se, but they are about as close to it as any position if they can follow blocks and run the plays correctly. Why settle for a back that needs opportunity and situation to post decent numbers as an average RB when you can take a chance on getting a great back who will post outstanding numbers?

If you look at Henry's games in the past, he often sandwiched in terrible games with monster games because he needed the right matchup and situation to excel and if that was not there, he was not nearly good enough to make it happen himself.

Because any average back would have done as well in his situation.  The Bills knew he was an average  back which is why they went for the upgrade to McGahee. There are a lot of RB's who carried that sort of load with good results - A-Train, any number of Denver backs, Goings, etc. etc. who are not above average backs but who had the opportunity and situation. RB's are not plug and play per se, but they are about as close to it as  any position if they can follow blocks and run the plays correctly. Why settle for a back that needs opportunity and situation to post decent numbers as an average RB when you can take a chance on getting a great back who will post outstanding numbers?

If you look at Henry's games in the past, he often sandwiched in terrible games with monster games because he needed the right matchup and situation to excel and if that was not there, he was not nearly good enough to make it happen himself.

661906[/snapback]

I'm not sure I agree with this assessment of Henry. A lot of backs are up and down, but that's more a function of the offense as a whole and, more particularly, the offensive line. In 2002 and 2003, the entire BUF offense was up and down (and when they were down, they were DOWN) from game to game - there's not much Henry could do about that. Corey Dillon in Cincinnati was a notoriously up and down back . . . that didn't make him any less of a stud.

I don't think that Henry was running behind a particularly good O line in 02 and 03 . . .

I just can't see Henry ending up in Miami. 

Aside from those teams mentioned so far (Raiders, Cards, etc.)  I think that you just might see him end up in Denver, to replace Droughns, or Atlanta, which needs a true feature back.

662523[/snapback]

No way he ends up in Denver. If they wanted someone to replace Droughns, they would just keep him. And why does Atlanta need a true feature back. Their running game seems to be doing just fine this year.

Edited by Jackass

No way he ends up in Denver.  If they wanted someone to replace Droughns, they would just keep him.  And why does Atlanta need a true feature back.  Their running game seems to be doing just fine this year.

662608[/snapback]

yeah, he ain't coming to denver. we won't have any trouble finding backs as long as we've got a 4th round or so pick in the draft laying around.