[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Looking for keeper and draft help?

gogo2146

See if you guys can give me a hand here.

I pick number #6 next year. I have these players to chose from in a keeper leauge see what you think on who I should keep ( can keep 5) and who I should target in the draft?

I also have Sproles on a taxi squad.

Dillon (339)

Brees (363 pts)

Barlow( please)

Walker(349)

H. Ward(239)

M. Clayton (283)

A. Boldin( ??)

J. Witten (247 pts)

Balt D (374)

I will be able to draft A good back or wr out of the draft C. benson and C. Williams are on Taxi squads already. I would like brown to fall to me at the 6th spot.

Thanks for the help.

Edited by gogo2146

See if you guys can give me a hand here.

I pick number #6  next year. I have these players to chose from in a keeper leauge see what you think on who I should keep ( can keep 5) and who I should target in the draft?

I also have Sproles on a taxi squad.

Dillon (339)

Brees (363 pts)                                                   

Barlow( please)                               

Walker(349)                                     

H. Ward(239)                         

M. Clayton (283)                               

A. Boldin( ??)

J. Witten (247 pts)

Balt D (374)

I will be able to draft A good back or wr out of the draft C. benson and C. Williams are on Taxi squads already. I would like brown to fall to me at the 6th spot.

Thanks for the help.

704739[/snapback]

I'd keep Dillon, Walker, Clayton, Witten, and maybe Boldin. You may be able to parlay a couple of these receivers for a running back. If this is a mandatory TE league, I'd probably keep Witten over Boldin.

Yes, TE's must start.

I,m thinking

Dillon, Walker,Ward,Clayton

Trade boldin and Witten for a rb also, Balt D should have some thought as a keeper

705143[/snapback]

Since TE is mandatory, I keep:

Dillon, Walker, Clayton, Witten.

Trade Ward and Boldin for the best RB you can get. Then keep that RB.

I think you need to wait on what happens with Farve to make a decision on Walker. I also like Clayton over Horn, if there is no limit on how many years you can keep keepers. Also, depending on the TE scoring in your league, packaging Witten for an RB sounds like a solid move, but you may be able to get a solid RB at 6 instead, given all the RB's in this draft, and a guy like Jordan possibly being available. Right now, it's too early to make these decisions, IMHO. There are too many things up in the air, until rosters are set.

I think you need to wait on what happens with Farve to make a decision on Walker. I also like Clayton over Horn, if there is no limit on how many years you can keep keepers. Also, depending on the TE scoring in your league, packaging Witten for an RB sounds like a solid move, but you may be able to get a solid RB at 6 instead, given all the RB's in this draft, and a guy like Jordan possibly being available.  Right now, it's too early to make these decisions, IMHO. There are too many things up in the air, until rosters are set.

705547[/snapback]

I like Clayton too but i do not have Horn. There is no limit how long you can keep players. I think Witten, Ward or Ward, boldin for a rb might be the best choice I have. i will have to drop one of those players before the draft so why not dump them know for a player that will be on the rise come summer. If i trade know I will get better vaule for a unproven player ( one of the Jones on the rise) for one stud(Ward and a player i might have to drop. Make sense?

Yes, TE's must start. I can keep five total.

I,m thinking

Brees, Dillon, Walker,Ward,Clayton

Trade boldin and Witten for a rb also, Balt D should have some thought as a keeper

705149[/snapback]

That's the logical 5, though are you going to get a keeper RB for those two players? I doubt it....

And never keep a defense.

That's the logical 5, though are you going to get a keeper RB for those two players? I doubt it....

And never keep a defense.

707404[/snapback]

I think the same about a D but you have to think about it balt D outscored most of those starters and you win games in points. I have never kept a D in 7 years but maybe just maybe???

Thanks

I think the same about a D but you have to think about it balt D outscored most of those starters and you win games in points. I have never kept a D in 7 years but maybe just maybe???

Thanks

708163[/snapback]

How in the world does a D outscore all of those players???

Edit to add keepers, Ward, Witten, walker, Dillon, and Clayton.

If you can trade Ward and Boldin for J Jones I would do that one, but K Jones is also tempting. I would also try to get a draft pick or at least a young WR with some potential.

Edited by Men In Tights

Thanks

708163[/snapback]

You don't keep a D because they are so unpredictable in scoring. And you can usually draft a defense that will score similar to the top rated defense later in the draft. As an example, in 2004 in a basic performance league, the 10th ranked defense only scored 65 less points over the course of a season. That translates to a little less than 4 points per week.

I would rather take my chances with position players that could make up a difference of 4 points in a dramatic fashion than try to nickel and dime my way with a defense.

Just my opinion.

Thanks for the help. I'm still working on the deal for J. Jones

My team would look like this if it happens,

Dillon

Jones

Clayton

Walker

Brees or Balt D maybe Witten ??

713362[/snapback]

I'd look at the probability of who's going to be available to you in the draft to make this final decision. Will all the productive TEs (Gates, Gonzo, Heap, Franks) be kept, upping the value of Witten as a keeper? What will be on the line for QBs? I like keeping Balt's defense, but if nobody in your league keeps defenses, maybe you can let them go and get a good defense in the draft.

Is it worth letting Clayton or Walker back into the draft to secure Witten since, if I remember right, yours is a TE mandatory league -- and then use the final keeper for either QB or DEF, depending on what's likely to be available? Can you package Brees, Balt, and Clayton for McNabb?

I'd look at the probability of who's going to be available to you in the draft to make this final decision.  Will all the productive TEs (Gates, Gonzo, Heap, Franks) be kept, upping the value of Witten as a keeper?  What will be on the line for QBs?  I like keeping Balt's defense, but if nobody in your league keeps defenses, maybe you can let them go and get a good defense in the draft. 

Is it worth letting Clayton or Walker back into the draft to secure Witten since, if I remember right, yours is a TE mandatory league -- and then use the final keeper for either QB or DEF, depending on what's likely to be available?  Can you package Brees, Balt, and Clayton for McNabb?

713467[/snapback]

All the Te's you said will be kept (Gates , Gonzo, Heap Franks I doubt it)

Most of the guys in this leauge will kept one of the top 4-5 D as in years past. I don't think anyone will trade 3 for 1 since you can only keep 5 players so they would have to make a choice before next yearof who to keep. i do see your point on the player moves.

I would like to have the wr shored up for next year so I can go directely after rb or qb in the draft since thats what my team will need.