[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Redskins to release Laveraneus Coles

Fatman

Coles does not fit the team mold and will want a kings ransom to play there, and wont be happy as much as they spread the ball out.  i could actually see Dillon pulling a Michael Westbrook/Stephan Davis lights out on Coles

706647[/snapback]

I know the perception is he doesnt fit the team mold...but Belichick got a good look at him for 3 years....if he was willing to give up the goods..ill trust his judgement...i see the biggest problem being the money..thats why I said i thought it was far fetched

Burress, Porter, Mason, Coles and Muhamed. Going to be interesting to se what moves get made.

Why do owners/coaches keep accomodating players who want out of their contracts???

Who cares if you're not happy about the # of balls you got? ( 90 is a helluva lot)

Coles agreed to the contract, he should play it out. You work for the team, not the other way around.

708854[/snapback]

Correct, which should tell you thta there's more to the story than we're getting. Most likely that the toe is worse than we know.

Correct, which should tell you thta there's more to the story than we're getting. Most likely that the toe is worse than we know.

708891[/snapback]

I'm not sure...if that were so, why would Coles be so willing to forfeit a big chunk of his signing bonus? He must feel confident that he can still pass a physical, play and get a nice contract or I doubt he'd give up the money in hand.

I'm not sure...if that were so, why would Coles be so willing to forfeit a big chunk of his signing bonus?  He must feel confident that he can still pass a physical, play and get a nice contract or I doubt he'd give up the money in hand.

709047[/snapback]

He is not willing to give up the money. That was the incorrect part of the initial report. The next day it came out out that they werent relaeasing him and he wasnt giving up the money. He will be traded, if he changes his mind and gives up the $5 million, or possibly end up a Redskin against next year. There is a chance they release him later in the year.