[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bus still running

Skrappy1

Bettis will be in Pittsburgh at least 1 more season.

The Pittsburgh Steelers aren't ready to park the Bus just yet.

Jerome Bettis, who weighed retiring after the Steelers lost in the AFC championship game last month, agreed Saturday to another pay cut and will play for at least one more season.

This is the second consecutive season the NFL's No. 5 career rusher has accepted a substantial pay cut to stay in Pittsburgh. Bettis was to have made $4,484,000 next season, but will play for about $1.5 million -- or about $500,000 more than his base salary last season.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2000769

This signing is not particularly surprising. There was a chance the Bus might retire, but I figured he would try to keep it going another year.

The big question is what his offensive production will be in 2005. :D

This signing is not particularly surprising. There was a chance the Bus might retire, but I figured he would try to keep it going another year.

The big question is what his offensive production will be in 2005.  :D

713398[/snapback]

I think it will be similar to last year before Staley got injured, mostly short yardage, lots of TD's. I do think he will see a few more touches giving Staley a rest but nothing significant.

Somebody call Hines, he's goign to need a lot of Kleenex.

713473[/snapback]

My first thought was of Hines as well, but I was thinking " Geez, he did all that :bawling: for nothing!" :D

I for one am glad the Bus will be there to step in if and when he's needed. Love the Bus. :D

Another year of excessive cheering for 5 yard runs...Nice...In all seriousness though I do like the bus.He was a surprising fantasy stud last year and a great NFL player