[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

custom mock draft

seminoles

Just thought I'd give it a try, hopefully better than mel.

1.49ers - Braylon Edwards (WR)

2.Miami - Ronnie Brown (RB)

3.Cleveland - Derrick Johnson (LB)

4.Chicago - Adam Jones (CB)

5.Tampa Bay - Cendric Benson (RB)

6.Tennessee - Antrel Rolle (CB)

7.Minnesota - Mike Williams (WR)

8.Arizona - Aaron Rodgers

9.Washington - Shawn Merriman (DE)

10. Detroit - Alex Barron (OT)

11.Dallas - Troy Williamson (WR)

12.San Diego - Carlos Rodgers (CB)

13.Houston - Shaun Cody (DE)

14.Carolina - Trvis Johnson (DT)

15.Kansas City - Erasmus James (DE)

16.New Orleans - Mark CLayton (WR)

17.Cincinnati - Dave Pollack (DE)

18.Minnesota - Carnell Williams (RB)

19.St. Louis - Heath Miller (TE)

20.Dallas - Marcus Spears (DE)

21.Jacksonville - Khalif Barnes (OT)

22.Baltimore- Roddy White (WR)

23.Seattle - Dan Cody (DE)

24.Green Bay - Alex Smith (QB)

25.Denver - Justin Miller (CB)

26.NY Jets - Marlon Jackson (CB)

27.Atlanta - Jamaal Brown (OT)

28.San Diego - Reggie Brown (WR)

29. Indy - Luis Castallo (DT)

30.Pittsburgh - Demarcus Ware (LB)

31.Philly - Matt Jones (WR)

32.New England - Channing Crowder (LB)

Interesting, props to you for putting one up. A couple of things I'd be surprised at:

1. Both SF and CLE passing on their pick of QBs. Maybe SF, MAYBE, but I just can't see CLE not picking a signal caller if both were available. Dilfer is temporary, at best, and everyone knows it.

2. Bears drafting DEF here. The city of Chicago would revolt. With Mike Williams, Cadillac Williams, and Cedric Benson available, I just don't think they could.

3. I don't think Cadillac Williams passes by Carolina if he's available. Too many health issues in that backfield.

4. If he's there, I would think NO would take Alex Smith. Find out if Brooks can get it done or not.

5. I like the Matt Jones pick. I think you're one slot late, however - PIT takes him.

Interesting, props to you for putting one up.  A couple of things I'd be surprised at:

1.  Both SF and CLE passing on their pick of QBs.  Maybe SF, MAYBE, but I just can't see CLE not picking a signal caller if both were available.  Dilfer is temporary, at best, and everyone knows it.

2.  Bears drafting DEF here.  The city of Chicago would revolt.  With Mike Williams, Cadillac Williams, and Cedric Benson available, I just don't think they could.

3.  I don't think Cadillac Williams passes by Carolina if he's available.  Too many health issues in that backfield.

4.  If he's there, I would think NO would take Alex Smith.  Find out if Brooks can get it done or not.

5.  I like the Matt Jones pick.  I think you're one slot late, however - PIT takes him.

758987[/snapback]

1.I think that San Fran will just wait til next year hoping to get Matt Leinert (sp). Braylon Edwards could be special in the future. And for Cleveland, Derrick Johnson should fit reallt well with the 3-4 scheme Romeo will put in. Having Johnson, Davis, Holdman, Taylor, and Thompson should work out pretty well.

2.I agree with the revolting part but getting Jones would help the secondary. R.W is getting older and the others are injury prone. Having another CB would really help Smith.

3.I was weighing this one. Carolina will be getting back Foster and Smith, and the chances of them both going down again are pretty slim i think. On the other side of the ball, Buckner (sp) is getting old and with a defense built from the D-line out they need another big boy in the middle.

4.This one all depends on how much they like Brooks. They can either replace Brooks here or help him.

5.no comment

Edited by seminoles

1.I think that San Fran will just wait til next year hoping to get Matt Leinert (sp). Braylon Edwards could be special in the future. And for Cleveland, Derrick Johnson should fit reallt well with the 3-4 scheme Romeo will put in. Having Johnson, Davis, Holdman, Taylor, and Thompson should work out pretty well.

2.I agree with the revolting part but getting Jones would help the secondary. R.W is getting older and the others are injury prone. Having another CB would really help Smith.

3.I was weighing this one. Carolina will be getting back Foster and Smith, and the chances of them both going down again are pretty slim i think. On the other side of the ball, Buckner (sp) is getting old and with a defense built from the D-line out they need another big boy in the middle.

4.This one all depends on how much they like Brooks. They can either replace Brooks here or help him.

5.no comment

759020[/snapback]

1. That would be quite a plan by the Niners - tank another year to get the No.1 pick again. I agree that Edwards can be special, but practically speaking I don't think the Niners can pass on their shot at a franchise QB.

2. Yes, it would help the secondary, but that doesn't change the fact that the Bears offense is abyssmal. This is an offensive pick.

3. When has DeShaun Foster proved he can stay healthy?

4. How much would you like Brooks as your QB?

5. Matt Jones is awesome.

I don't know why mock drafts have us taking a DT.  Last time I checked that was a strength of our team.  We need an o-lineman.

759040[/snapback]

The Panthers are built from the D-Line to the LB to the secondary. Buckner is going into his 13th season. Jenkins was hurt for 12 games last year. By drafting a DT you can sure up the position. Do you want to go back to the super bowl????

The Panthers are built from the D-Line to the LB to the secondary. Buckner is going into his 13th season. Jenkins was hurt for 12 games last year. By drafting a DT you can sure up the position. Do you want to go back to the super bowl????

759050[/snapback]

What is a bigger priority O-line or D-line. At least Buckner and Jenkins are capable players.

1. That would be quite a plan by the Niners - tank another year to get the No.1 pick again.  I agree that Edwards can be special, but practically speaking I don't think the Niners can pass on their shot at a franchise QB. 

759047[/snapback]

What if neither Smith nor Rodgers is considered a franchise QB? SF needs help everywhere. Edwards would give them a big upgrade and would be a safe pick. Rattay is not that bad and he is pretty young as well.

so you're saying that Bill Ferrario isnt

759075[/snapback]

Listen Seminoles, anyone that's watched them play in the last nine months will tell you that their offensive line is a disgrace. We don't have five capable starters on the line. I don't give a ratsass about the second string of any position unless we have capable starters at all positions.

If the top two QB's are not considered franchise players, then why are they going so high in most mock drafts. If the O-line position doesn't have any top 5 potentials, then maybe SF screws everything up and takes a RB. I don't think their sold on Barlow and used a #1 last year on a WR. Just a thought.

Edited by NAUgrad

for Jumpin Johnies, i guess they can wait til round two if that makes you happy. They might be able to pick up that guy from Wisconsin. And i was just kidding about Bill Ferrario.

759142[/snapback]

I know you were kidding Seminoles and you're on of many people that has us taking a DT. You're probably right, but I don't get it.

I know you were kidding Seminoles and you're on of many people that has us taking a DT.  You're probably right, but I don't get it.

759152[/snapback]

Well here is some more explaining on why people are thinking DT. When Carolina went to the Super Bowl two years back they were driven on power rushing and great defense, just like the Ravens. But the thing people dont see, including me at times, is that the o-line is bad since many players left. Many people look at last year's team and say that they did bad due to injuries, mostly on offense. So when the news about Deshaun Foster and Stephen Davis coming back along with Steve Smith, its looks like all is well. And when outside viewers look at the defense, they want to sure up the most valueable postition. So the o-line is more or less overlooked but in reality, the o-line is most vulnerable. Im now starting to agree with the o-line pick, especially since there are possibilities of getting a DT in the second round

Edited by seminoles

I'm with Johnnies here. Carolina is almost surely going to go with an OL here. The possible upcoming 4 game suspension of starting C Jeff Mitchell is going to be huge.

I could easily see Khalif Barnes or Jammal Brown if Barron isn't available. The only deviation I could see is if a Benson or C. Williams falls to them. Then it's bye-bye Stephen Davis.

I'm with Johnnies here. Carolina is almost surely going to go with an OL here. The possible upcoming 4 game suspension of starting C Jeff Mitchell is going to be huge.

I could easily see Khalif Barnes or Jammal Brown if Barron isn't available. The only deviation I could see is if a Benson or C. Williams falls to them. Then it's bye-bye Stephen Davis.

759286[/snapback]

Yup.