[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Williams or Williamson?

dread

Listening to KFAN this morning...sounds like the Vikes would go with Williamson from South Carolina over Williams from Southern California. Funny, his name is Troy Williamson, didn't the Trojans do a bit of fighting around Troy...the similiarities are uncanny. Anyway, the rumor is the Vikes are enamored with his speed and although he isn't as proven as Williams they anticipate he will be the better of the two...any thoughts?

I'm hoping they go with Williamson, although I think at #7 that's too high, I think he could be taken at #18. Not sure what to do with the #7 pick then, possibly go with a DL? Then again, I can see Tice grabbing a RB at that position. :D

I think Williamson is the better fit for the Vikes because of his speed. They already have the sure-hands, relliable guy in Burleson, the big target in Robinson, the pedestrian 3rd WR in Taylor, and a TE who is a pretty darn good pass catcher too. They lack speed at WR right now, and I think for what negatives Williamson has, like route running, good coaching should be able to take care of that and make him a breakaway threat at WR the VIkes could use to stretch defenses a bit and open up the running game they're thinking of emphasizing this year.

I'm hoping they go with Williamson, although I think at #7 that's too high, I think he could be taken at #18.  Not sure what to do with the #7 pick then, possibly go with a DL?  Then again, I can see Tice grabbing a RB at that position.  :D

I think Williamson is the better fit for the Vikes because of his speed.  They already have the sure-hands, relliable guy in Burleson, the big target in Robinson, the pedestrian 3rd WR in Taylor, and a TE who is a pretty darn good pass catcher too.  They lack speed at WR right now, and I think for what negatives Williamson has, like route running, good coaching should be able to take care of that and make him a breakaway threat at WR the VIkes could use to stretch defenses a bit and open up the running game they're thinking of emphasizing this year.

789451[/snapback]

if benson falls they take him, if rolle falls they take him and i agree that williamson at 7 is to high but at 18 would be great

if benson falls they take him, if rolle falls they take him and i agree that williamson at 7 is to high but at 18 would be great

789459[/snapback]

I would like to see them get Benson as well, looks like all the "experts" have Benson going to the Bears. Did KFAN get to the Vikes 18th pick? I'm at work and last I checked their site wasn't posting their mock.

Star took Polluck, DE from Georgia. He is really high on this guy.

I think if the Vikings can get Williams or Williamson and a guy like Polluck they should be very happy campers!

Also, they had Rodgers fall to the Packers!!!!

Star took Polluck, DE from Georgia.  He is really high on this guy.

I think if the Vikings can get Williams or Williamson and a guy like Polluck they should be very happy campers!

Also, they had Rodgers fall to the Packers!!!!

789513[/snapback]

The way they were talking about Rogers they make him sound like the next Tim Couch...which if the Packers take him and he turns out that way.... :D

They lack speed at WR right now, and I think for what negatives Williamson has, like route running, good coaching should be able to take care of that and make him a breakaway threat at WR the VIkes could use to stretch defenses a bit and open up the running game they're thinking of emphasizing this year.

789451[/snapback]

One problem. The Vikes don't have the good coaching you speak of.

I think the Vikes take Benson if available. If they take a WR, it should be at 18, not 7.

They lack speed at WR right now, and I think for what negatives Williamson has, like route running, good coaching should be able to take care of that

789451[/snapback]

Is that possible with Tice at the helm?

Edited by Swashbucklers

Williamson at 7 is WAY too high....they should trade down to maybe 10/11 if they really want Williamson that bad. I just hope MN doesn't F up this first round, they really have a chance to make some serious strides this year with these two solid first round pciks.

I'd rather take Williamson first, just cause I really can't see Williams being a huge threat in a vertical game. You need speed to be able to stretch the defense and Williamson seems to fit better with the Vikes.

790197[/snapback]

A. Boldin seems to open up the defenses just fine. Big play WRs get passed on come draft time because of the 40 time.