[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A Rodgers to Green Bay

Shotgun Messiahs

GB is the luckiest team in the draft.  They must be celebrating like crazy right now.

That's the steal of the draft right there.

791268[/snapback]

hey the NFL cant have the fugders sucking for the next ten years like there going to so they get them rodgers :D

Hmm...I'm reluctantly happy about this pick. I had my mind wrapped around all the "2nd-round" QBs and made peace with most of them. My previous analysis regarding Aaron Rodgers were more focused on his flaws, since I was comparing him to Alex Smith.

Still, I've felt for a while that he's different than the rest of the Tedford QBs. I'll be cheering for him when he takes Brett's place.

I was hoping for a S.Cody or M.Roth. Then maybe steal Frye in the 2nd. Never would have guessed Rogers as 24th pick :D

Feel better about the future now, hopefully no 4-5 year "rebuilding" period now after the Ironman leaves.

Congratulations fellow cheezheds :D

Do you think Rogers could play defense till Brett retires????? :D

I was crying out for a straight defensive draft, but when someone who had been rated no worse than a consensus #2 pick falls to you at #24, it's pretty much a no-brainer to pull the trigger.

As for comparisons to previous Tedford QBs, he's got more heart than Harrington, is more accurate than Boller, and has a longer track record than Akili Smith. I don't know that he's got a high ceiling, but I don't think he'll be a flat-out bust. I saw one scout say he liked him but just couldn't get over the "Tedford Curse"; it's a concern, but he could be to Tedford QBs what McMahon and Young were to BYU QBs.

Not necessarily "in love" with the pick (I wasn't that awful impressed with this year's QB class), but I don't think you can criticize it too heavily.