[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bucs trade for QB!

Dr. Rock

I was a little surprised by this because I thought they would just draft McPhearson.  Guess Gruden likes what he see's out of McCown.

791780[/snapback]

Completely agree. I'd much rather McPherson for a 6th than McCown.

What is the story with Simms? What did he do or not do that has TB so disinterested in him as the QB of the future now? Last year you couldn't throw a rock without hitting a TB coach or representative that raved about Simms abd his future....and now?

What is the story with Simms? What did he do or not do that has TB so disinterested in him as the QB of the future now? Last year you couldn't throw a rock without hitting a TB coach or representative that raved about Simms abd his future....and now?

791839[/snapback]

He was given the ball to start about halfway through the season and looked good until some fat Defensive Lineman drove him into the ground. Then after that Greise came in and did well. The Tampa Media loves Simms and kind of questioned why Gruden resigned Greise instead of giving it over to Simms. Gruden also said some things to the media like "Simms needs to not listen to all the hype" and so on. I think by not drafting a QB early shows that Gruden still has plans for Simms. Greises contract is esentially several one year contracts making it easy for the Bucs to drop him.

Simms will never be an NFL QB ... he hasn't got what it takes ... his name carried him this far.

792324[/snapback]

Oh and I guess his "name" threw all those touchdowns at Texas too. You don't even make sense here. "Simms will never be an NFL QB"???? I go news for you, he already is!!!!

It seems to me that Gruden is doing to Simms what Gibbs is doing to Ramsey. Not giving them a chance.

793529[/snapback]

Oh he'll get his chance and when he does he might even challenge the man in my avator as my favorite football player.

The McCown family are long-time friends of my inlaws...and the consensus from them is that Luke is the best one of the bunch.

[NOTE: The three McCown boys all got drafted to play QB in the NFL...pretty impressive, even if none of them have done anything yet...]

Oh and I guess his "name" threw all those touchdowns at Texas too.  You don't even make sense here.  "Simms will never be an NFL QB"????  I go news for you, he already is!!!!

793525[/snapback]

Simms never was the best QB on the Texas team. Simms couldn't hold Applewhite's jock. Look at the Big 12 championship game, and that should tell you everything you need to know about Simms. He started at Texas because of his name, and nothing else. He got drafted because of his name and nothing else. If it hadn't been for Simms, Texas probably would have won a national championship with Applewhite. Don't get me wrong, Simms is very gifted physically, but he doen't have the mental game down. Plus, he is soft, and a whinner. You can have his sorry no good for nothing ass.

The McCown family are long-time friends of my inlaws...and the consensus from them is that Luke is the best one of the bunch.

[NOTE: The three McCown boys all got drafted to play QB in the NFL...pretty impressive, even if none of them have done anything yet...]

793730[/snapback]

Who was the third one?

Simms never was the best QB on the Texas team.  Simms couldn't hold Applewhite's jock.  Look at the Big 12 championship game, and that should tell you everything you need to know about Simms.  He started at Texas because of his name, and nothing else.  He got drafted because of his name and nothing else.  If it hadn't been for Simms, Texas probably would have won a national championship with Applewhite.  Don't get me wrong, Simms is very gifted physically, but he doen't have the mental game down.  Plus, he is soft, and a whinner.  You can have his sorry no good for nothing ass.

793763[/snapback]

Yeah and Tom Brady couldn't hold Hensen's jock......IN COLLEGE. Applewhite came in that game and lit it up, i'll admit. But Simms had great numbers and made many great throws. There is a reason Simms is in the NFL and Applewhite is not. People don't always go by name, look at that Munoz kid. I just think he needs to be given a chance before people write him off.

Yeah and Tom Brady couldn't hold Hensen's jock......IN COLLEGE.  Applewhite came in that game and lit it up, i'll admit.  But Simms had great numbers and made many great throws.  There is a reason Simms is in the NFL and Applewhite is not.  People don't always go by name, look at that Munoz kid.  I just think he needs to be given a chance before people write him off.

793873[/snapback]

I agree with some of what you are saying. The reason that Simms is in the NFL and Applewhite is not, is that Simms is athletically superior to Applewhite. There is no question that Simms is the better athlete. The reason Applewhite was the better QB was because of his mental game. Let's not forget that Applewhite was the Big 12 player of the year, the year prior to Simms taking over the starting job from him. Simms has all the athletic tools anyone could ask for, he just doen't have the mental tools. He is a choke artist, who is soft. When things start going bad, he gets hurt. He has no heart, and makes horrible decisions. He will never make it in the NFL.

Edit to add: Did I mention I'm a huge Texas fan, in spite of Mack Brown, and Chrissy Simms.

Edited by Perchoutofwater

I agree with some of what you are saying.  The reason that Simms is in the NFL and Applewhite is not, is that Simms is athletically superior to Applewhite.  There is no question that Simms is the better athlete.  The reason Applewhite was the better QB was because of his mental game.  Let's not forget that Applewhite was the Big 12 player of the year, the year prior to Simms taking over the starting job from him.  Simms has all the athletic tools anyone could ask for, he just doen't have the mental tools.  He is a choke artist, who is soft.  When things start going bad, he gets hurt.  He has no heart, and makes horrible decisions.  He will never make it in the NFL.

Edit to add:  Did I mention I'm a huge Texas fan, in spite of Mack Brown, and Chrissy Simms.

793883[/snapback]

So the truth comes out :D , you are a Texas fan. What has Simms done in the NFL? Nothing....but Gruden has a way of making average QB's into Pro Bowlers. He has only been in the league 2 years and Gruden was ready to hand the ball over to him last season until he got injured. Word has it that he has bulked up this summer and is going to fight for the starting spot. Time will only tell. I hope you are wrong.

The youngest one is the best player out of all of them.  I watched them all play in high school.  He was also a very good basket ball player as well.

793842[/snapback]

You live near Tyler, TX?