[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

best type of coach

seminoles

what is the best type of coach?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. what is the best type of coach?

• Offensive - run off - run def
    • Offensive - run off - pass def
    • Offensive - pass off - pass def
    • Offensive - pass off - run def
    • Defensive - run off - run def
    • Defensive - run off - pass def
    • Defensive - pass off - pass def
    • Defensive - pass off - run def

The first section means if the coach is naturally offensive or defensive minded (Ray Rhodes = def, Mike Martz = off). The second section means if the coach wants a more predominant run offense or pass offense. The third section means if the coach wants a stronger run defense or pass defense.

These descriptions are not basedd on personel but if you were going to have an expansion team. A blank slate, you can chose any of these kinds of coaches.

I still believe a defense-minded coach (stopping the run) is the key. On the offensive side I feel a coach that employs a good running game will set up the passing game also.

Coaches are there for leadership and disipline - let the OC and DC worry about the game plan.

On that note, a tough charasmatic coach is the way to go...

edited to add - being a good administrator and delegator are both big pluses.

Edited by Duchess Jack

I think the best coach is one that wins football games.

I mean, I like ones that take advantage of the personnel they have.

804511[/snapback]

Me too. There's nothing I hate more than watching a coach force a system on a group of players that don't fit the scheme.

The best Head Coaches are the ones that do the best job of hiring assistant coaches. Belichick in NE is a good example of that in todays NFL.

Jimmie Johnson was always surrounded by great assistants, Chuck Knoll, Tom Landry, Don Shula, Bill Walsh coaches like that always had great assistants around.

The Head Coaches main job is to install a system and to make sure that the team has a clear idea of what they are trying to accomplish and to then go out and hire asistants that will believe in his system and will committ to his plan.

He then has to get his entire staff and all 53 guys on the active roster thinking the same thing at the same time.

The best at that right now is Belichick. That's why this year is going to be interesting to see if he can handle the losses he has taken in his staff.

One of the deadliest things that can happen to a Great Head Coach is when his staff starts to get vultured. Take a look back at when some of the greats have retired and you will see it is soon after there staffs were dismantled as they lost their assistants who moved on to take Head Coaching jobs of their own.