[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Portis Settles

geeteebee

The dude that he bought the number from wasn't even kept on the team. How can he have the number if he isn't on the team? Maybe the lawyers forgot to mention that as a possibility when they were making their little dealings. Portis should've given him an offer he can't refuse.

I want Clinton's number, too! :D

Edited by MikesVikes

The dude that he bought the number from wasn't even kept on the team.  How can he have the number if he isn't on the team?  Maybe the lawyers forgot to mention that as a possibility when they were making their little dealings.  Portis should've given him an offer he can't refuse.

I want Clinton's number, too!  :D

833553[/snapback]

Portis agreed to pay $40k for the number. He got the number. Offer + acceptance + consideration = contract.

Portis owed whatshisname $40k when he got the number. That he was to make installment payments is not relevant.

Unless it's late in the seaon and your fighting for a play-off spot.  :D

833519[/snapback]

Well... I should have mentioned that I hope he breaks his leg before we declare keepers... :D

The dude that he bought the number from wasn't even kept on the team.  How can he have the number if he isn't on the team?  Maybe the lawyers forgot to mention that as a possibility when they were making their little dealings.  Portis should've given him an offer he can't refuse.

833553[/snapback]

The agreement specified a payment plan, not a rental agreement. If you agree to buy a car over 3 years, and then you lose your license... the bank is still going to make you pay for the car.

You guys are getting a bit silly about this. All of a sudden everyone hates Portis. What about the guy who originally had his number? He got 20K immediately and then got cut, I'd say that's a pretty good deal for a jersey number. If I were that guy, I would've given my number to the new star RB that just joined my team for free. Keep hatin' on Portis all you silly moral gods.

It's not "hatin" ... it's simply abiding by the contract he willingly signed.

I'd draft Portis this summer if he's available in the right spot without hesitation.

PS - If I were the other guy, I wouldn't have let Portis off for the $2k and I would have make him pick up my legal bills.

You guys are getting a bit silly about this.  All of a sudden everyone hates Portis.  What about the guy who originally had his number?  He got 20K immediately and then got cut, I'd say that's a pretty good deal for a jersey number.  If I were that guy, I would've given my number to the new star RB that just joined my team for free.  Keep hatin' on Portis all you silly moral gods.

834014[/snapback]

I don't care if it's Portis or Mr Magoo. If you sign a piece of paper that says you'll pay someone for something you want, ie., a jersey number, it's a contract and you pay it. It doesn't matter a bit if the other guy was cut the next day or 10 years from them. If Portis signs the contract and the guy gets cut then I guess Portis is just stupid for not being patient enough to wait for the number which he could have gotten for free.

And face it, it's not like he's going to miss any meals here. $2k is pocket change to him. He should have been an upstanding guy and made good on his promise without being dragged into a lawyer's office to do so. Now he just looks like an idiot. But he's an idiot with an extra 2k in his pocket so it's all good I guess. :D