[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Best / Worst NFL Stadiums

Swampnuts

Having a rookie QB break every rookie record there is gives me some hope for the future.

880405[/snapback]

Easy there. He did not break "every rookie record there is":

Rookie passer rating: Roethlisberger 98.1

Rookie passes attempted: P. Manning 575 (Roethlisberger 295)

Rookie passes completed: P. Manning 326 (Roethlisberger 196)

Rookie completion %: Roethlisberger 66.4%

Rookie yards passing: P. Manning 3,739 (Roethlisberger 2,621)

Rookie TD passing: P. Manning 26 (Roethlisberger 17)

:D

Oh, and Big Red doesn't mention the Ravens ONE Super Bowl season in half his posts. He mentions it in EVERY post. :D

Edited by CaptainHook

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to see Ravens Stadium getting it's props.  The only problem I have with it is there is no scoreboard that gives non-stop scores throughout the entire game.  It is getting better, but they still only flash them sporadically.

879070[/snapback]

I don't agree with you on much Trots, but I do agree here.  The same problem exists at Heinz Field.  There aren't nearly enough updates for us fantasy football fans on the scoreboard.

879115[/snapback]

Wow, well chalk another bonus up for the antiquated Superdome (yeah, I know it's not much in the big scheme of things, but hey...). Out of town scores are always up, and at halftime, they show highlights from all the other games going on. And often, they'll put a game on the jumbotron post-game as fans are heading out.

Easy there.  He did not break "every rookie record there is":

Rookie passer rating:  Roethlisberger 98.1

Rookie passes attempted: P. Manning 575 (Roethlisberger 295)

Rookie passes completed: P. Manning 326 (Roethlisberger 196)

Rookie completion %: Roethlisberger 66.4%

Rookie yards passing: P. Manning 3,739 (Roethlisberger 2,621)

Rookie TD passing: P. Manning 26 (Roethlisberger 17)

Oh, and Big Red doesn't mention the Ravens ONE Super Bowl season in half his posts.  He mentions it in EVERY post. :D

880964[/snapback]

I meant that he has all the important ones that don't rely on throwing the ball every play because your team is pathetic ......... :D

Wow, well chalk another bonus up for the antiquated Superdome (yeah, I know it's not much in the big scheme of things, but hey...).  Out of town scores are always up, and at halftime, they show highlights from all the other games going on.  And often, they'll put a game on the jumbotron post-game as fans are heading out.

881005[/snapback]

That is done at the Ravens stadium. What was requested was live real time fantasy stats (players, yards, TDs), not just scores.

I meant that he has all the important ones that don't rely on throwing the ball every play because your team is pathetic ......... :D

881040[/snapback]

The Ravens have always had a weaker pass D than running D. Big Ben exposed that when he came in in week 2, threw three picks (we dropped on), and then figured it out, going to Ward for a TD. Hopefully with McAllister (young punk) and Rolle, we'll shut that down.

I'd really like to see Terrell Suggs and Dan Cody show Big Ben the quality of the turf at Ravens stadium, close up.

Oh, and Big Red doesn't mention the Ravens ONE Super Bowl season in half his posts.  He mentions it in EVERY post. :D

880964[/snapback]

Only those where I'm being bothered by some Manning/Rothlisberger scrotum sucker.

It's okay if you haven't won the big game, I'll still follow you around  :heart:.

I'll even buy your isotoner gloves and watch you to comentary when you're all done and have no ring on your finger.

I'm sorry, I couldn't hear you since you had Reed's balls in your mouth. . .

881103[/snapback]

Better than what I expected in return.

Now, when your done, stop giving Edge a reach around and put something in Starvin' Marvin's mouth already.

That is done at the Ravens stadium.  What was requested was live real time fantasy stats (players, yards, TDs), not just scores.

881096[/snapback]

Hmmm, guess I misunderstood:

Glad to see Ravens Stadium getting it's props. The only problem I have with it is there is no scoreboard that gives non-stop scores throughout the entire game. It is getting better, but they still only flash them sporadically.

Despite the :D exterior, the New Soldier Field has great sitelines. They still have a shortage of bathrooms, but they improved distant parking w/ a shuttle bus and a private road next to the RR tracks. The upper deck is a 'stress test' to get to. No escalators and if there is an elevator, I didn't see it.

All in all a decent re-do.

Hmmm, guess I misunderstood: 

881891[/snapback]

I must have read it wrong. Out of town scores are constantly updated. Details aren't included. It may occasionaly say who got a TD, but not much more than that.

If I'm there, I don't really care.

And Steeler fans remind everyone how they won 4 titles in the 70's as fast as Al Bundy reminding everyone he once scored 4 TDs in a game.

880385[/snapback]

And 20 years from now you'll still be reminding everyone of how the Ravens won it in 2000. :D

Edited by Sam

And 20 years from now you'll still be reminding everyone of how the Ravens won it in 2000.  :D

883738[/snapback]

IF the Steelers haven't one on by the either, of course I'll be brining that up for all Steeler fans to remember. As the years go by, it will start to lose it's validity though.

We'll just have to win one this year. :D

I miss the Kingdome.

877728[/snapback]

the kingdome was a cement toilet.

I have been underwhelmed by the several times I've been to Qwest Field/Seahawks Stadium.

877728[/snapback]

I couldn't disagree more. Seahawks stadium is freak'in awesome, IMO. not like the usual football venue... with a HUGH parking area.... but it's a great stadium for viewing football.... and freak'in loud.

for those not in the know... it's nestled right down on Seattle waterfront.... great views of the mountains & sound from the west side. Bars everywhere right outside the stadium.... Safeco field right acorss the street..... and tailgating is allowed on game day on most of the streets around the stadium. Also the convention center that's attached to the stadium...... has a HUGH pregame bash every sunday. They have the ticket on about 50 screens throughout the beer garden..... then it's up the stairs & into the stadium... pretty cool.

the kingdome was a cement toilet.

I couldn't disagree more. Seahawks stadium is freak'in awesome, IMO. not like the usual football venue... with a HUGH parking area.... but it's a great stadium for viewing football.... and freak'in loud.

for those not in the know... it's nestled right down on Seattle waterfront.... great views of the mountains & sound from the west side.  Bars everywhere right outside the stadium.... Safeco field right acorss the street..... and tailgating is allowed on game day on most of the streets around the stadium. Also the convention center that's attached to the stadium...... has a HUGH pregame bash every sunday. They have the ticket on about 50 screens throughout the beer garden..... then it's up the stairs & into the stadium... pretty cool.

883862[/snapback]

I agree on both counts. The Kingdome sucked arse in every sense. The last game I saw there I saw a guy pass out underneath a bank of urinals and nobody missed a beat, or offered to help.

Qwest Field is a 100% upgrade, I enjoyed the bars before and after, and the sightlines were great. The views of the water were an added bonus. One of the best venues I've ever been to period.

:D Whooooaaahh

Dude...you didn't like the dome foam?  :D

Yer right...da dome sux dong but the beer is good.

877760[/snapback]

I kinda miss the Astrodome (nostalgia and all). Dome foam, dome dogs and a dome slice (of pizza).

Now we have micro-brews, tofu dogs and Sundried tomatoes, roasted garlic and feta on a whole wheat crust.

But the new stadium (Reliant) is nice.

Paul Brown Stadium: :D:D:D

This is a nice stadium downtown with good food and drink scene. You can get to some fun places pretty quick from the stadium. You can even venture to gambling boats pretty quickly for some fun after a Bengal Win or Loss :D

Cleveland Browns Stadium :D:D:D:D

Real fun crowd and good scene outside stadium. I really like this stadium. I'm a Bengal fan but have to handed to the team up north fun place to see a game.

PBS still has the gambling boats.