[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Best / Worst NFL Stadiums

Swampnuts

Raymond James Stadium is great plus the weather is nice and the food is good.  I think you are just jealous of our team and our pirate ship... :D

Altell Stadium is also nice but lacks anything significant.  However it is alongside the river which gives it a nice atmosphere.  I was there for the Superbowl and they ran out of food by the 3rd quarter.  I'm not sure if that is norm there or not...

877026[/snapback]

Alltel is a nice stadium, but you nailed it...there isn't really anything significant about it. It is on the river and it is a party type atmosphere, but the food is very average. They normally don't run out, but that's pretty inexcusable for the SB. Don't go early in the season, it's very hot.

Superdome is old and feels that way. The views are good though. I have been to the Sugar Bowl and a Saints game there.

Ga Dome is very nice for an indoor stadium. Very open and fresh feeling. Sometimes you want these indoor stadiums down South, the humidity and heat can be brutal.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paul Brown Stadium  :D  :D

Nice open air stadium with modern ammenities.  Fun crowd and downtown has som fun bars.  OK Parking

877142[/snapback]

The key to parking at PBS is northern Kentucky. You can park in a garage in Newport or Covington for $3, and take a boat ride to the stadium for another $3 (beer sales on the boat of course). Used to be able to park at Hooters for free, but I think they've ended that. If you stay downtown and drink a while, you can take a shuttle back to your car for a buck. Plenty of bars to drink at on the Kentucky side of the river, too.

Arrowhead is outstanding -- how did the good people of KC figure out the stadium stuff 30 years before everyone else?

The key to parking at PBS is northern Kentucky. You can park in a garage in Newport or Covington for $3, and take a boat ride to the stadium for another $3 (beer sales on the boat of course). Used to be able to park at Hooters for free, but I think they've ended that. If you stay downtown and drink a while, you can take a shuttle back to your car for a buck. Plenty of bars to drink at on the Kentucky side of the river, too.

Arrowhead is outstanding -- how did the good people of KC figure out the stadium stuff 30 years before everyone else?

878521[/snapback]

Who drives you home after you get to your car? :D:D

Glad to see Ravens Stadium getting it's props. The only problem I have with it is there is no scoreboard that gives non-stop scores throughout the entire game. It is getting better, but they still only flash them sporadically.

Glad to see Ravens Stadium getting it's props.  The only problem I have with it is there is no scoreboard that gives non-stop scores throughout the entire game.  It is getting better, but they still only flash them sporadically.

879070[/snapback]

I don't agree with you on much Trots, but I do agree here. The same problem exists at Heinz Field. There aren't nearly enough updates for us fantasy football fans on the scoreboard.

Glad to see Ravens Stadium getting it's props.  The only problem I have with it is there is no scoreboard that gives non-stop scores throughout the entire game.  It is getting better, but they still only flash them sporadically.

879070[/snapback]

This doesn't bother me as much. I like to watch the live game in front of me. I'll figure out the fantasy stuff later. I don't want to miss a big hit or something else right in front of me because I'm watching the same data I could get at home.

I don't agree with you on much Trots, but I do agree here.  The same problem exists at Heinz Field.  There aren't nearly enough updates for us fantasy football fans on the scoreboard.

879115[/snapback]

subscribe to the ESPN web service on your cell phone (if you can get web services). It costs a couple of bucks a month and you can get stats from whatever you want, when you want. It look like the ESPN News TV bottom line. It's pretty cool, I demo'd it last year for a couple of days.

Of course in between plays.....you are there for the game in front of you.

You have to visit Arrowhead if you're looking for one of the best venues in the NFL.

877157[/snapback]

Absolutely agreed. It's a terrific place to watch football, and the upkeep has been so good that the place still "feels" state of the art, even though it's more than 30 years old.

This doesn't bother me as much.  I like to watch the live game in front of me.  I'll figure out the fantasy stuff later.  I don't want to miss a big hit or something else right in front of me because I'm watching the same data I could get at home.

879160[/snapback]

Do the ravens fans still chant "Move those chains... Move those chains..." after every 1st down?

I havent been to the new stadium yet but I was at Memorial Stadium once. It was during Ray Lewis' rookie season. We had a great time.

With Boller at QB, they haven't used that chant much. . .

879475[/snapback]

True, we haven't used that as much as the Colts.

However, in our stadium the phrase "Please Welcome Your World Champions" has been used more than at the RCA Dome with Manning (or anyone) at QB.

I was wearing my Ty Law :D  jersey.  I went to the only game the Pats lost last year... :D

878333[/snapback]

Atleast you wore a jersey that has Pittsburgh ties to it.

One last thing ....

Can you please go to every Pats game this year :D

Edited by max

However, in our stadium the phrase "Please Welcome Your World Champions" has been used more than at the RCA Dome with Manning (or anyone) at QB.

879481[/snapback]

Actually, the Colts HAVE won the NFL Championship and a Super Bowl. . . :D

:D Whooooaaahh

Dude...you didn't like the dome foam?  :D

Yer right...da dome sux dong but the beer is good.

877760[/snapback]

Oh ya, that's the only thing that was good there.... even being hung over from the night previous and in a cast... :D

879481[/snapback]

You would think they just won the Super Bowl last year they way these morans talk ...... :D

879481[/snapback]

Actually, the Colts HAVE won the NFL Championship and a Super Bowl. . . :D

879536[/snapback]

Like I said, in OUR stadium. :D

You would think they just won the Super Bowl last year they way these morans talk  ......    :D

880032[/snapback]

:D

This coming from a Steelers fan.

[old man voice]Back in the 70s Jimmy, the Steelers could finish the job. We where the best team ever. It's all we talked about until 2020 when we all finally realized it was never going to happen with Coach Cowher still running things. [/old man voice]

This coming from a Steelers fan.

[old man voice]Back in the 70s Jimmy, the Steelers could finish the job.  We where the best team ever.  It's all we talked about until 2020 when we all finally realized it was never going to happen with Coach Cowher still running things. [/old man voice]

880052[/snapback]

Research compiled by Steeltown Dre

The Steelers are 13-6 overall against the Baltimore

Ravens, including a 1-0 record in the postseason.

Pittsburgh has a 6-3 record at Baltimore and is 7-3 at

home versus the Ravens.

The Steelers have won six of the last eight games,

including a 2001 AFC Divisional Playoff victory at

Heinz Field (Jan. 20, 2002). The Steelers have not lost consecutive

games to the Ravens since 1999-00. The

Ravens have never swept the season series against

the Steelers.

Edited by Menudo

Research compiled by Steeltown Dre

The Steelers are 13-6 overall against the Baltimore

Ravens, including a 1-0 record in the postseason.

Pittsburgh has a 6-3 record at Baltimore and is 7-3 at

home versus the Ravens.

The Steelers have won six of the last eight games,

including a 2001 AFC Divisional Playoff victory at

Heinz Field (Jan. 20, 2002). The Steelers have not lost consecutive

games to the Ravens since 1999-00. The

Ravens have never swept the season series against

the Steelers.

880113[/snapback]

Same time period:

Ravens 5-2 in playoffs, 1 SuperBowl WIN

:yay::yay::yay::D:D:D:yay::tup:

Steelers 3-3 in playoffs, 1 and done three years, 0 SuperBowl appearences.

:yay::yay::D :doah: :D:D:D:D :violin: :fool:

Same time period:

Ravens 5-2 in playoffs, 1 SuperBowl WIN 

:yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :D  :D  :D  :yay:  :fool:

Steelers 3-3 in playoffs, 1 and done three years, 0 SuperBowl appearences.

:tup:  :D  :D  :doah: :D  :D  :D  :D  :violin:  :yay:

880188[/snapback]

Shocking. Back to the 1 AND ONLY argument you can win. Do you remember the last game these two played. I've never seen a more embarassing loss for the Ravens. The Steelers ran all over them. That defense is on its way down, and I'll take Big Ben's future over Bollers. Good luck in your battle for 2nd place.

Shocking.  Back to the 1 AND ONLY argument you can win.  Do you remember the last game these two played.  I've never seen a more embarassing loss for the Ravens.  The Steelers ran all over them.  That defense is on its way down, and I'll take Big Ben's future over Bollers.  Good luck in your battle for 2nd place.

880226[/snapback]

I remember the game before that one. Ravens knocked Turnover Tommy out and Big Ben threw two INTs. Last year was a split, each team winning the home game.

Big sig bet coming when these two teams play. Be ready to sport purple in your sigline.

And Steeler fans remind everyone how they won 4 titles in the 70's as fast as Al Bundy reminding everyone he once scored 4 TDs in a game.

880385[/snapback]

I only bring up the 4 Super Bowls when provoked. I am just fine talking about their 15-1 season last year, that yes, I'll save you the time, did not end up with a Super Bowl victory, but was still a very memorable, and enjoyable year. Having a rookie QB break every rookie record there is gives me some hope for the future.