[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who do I Keep?

I'm in a league that allows 3 keepers. Standard scoring, must start QB, 2 RB and 2WR or 1RB and 3 WRs, TE, K, Def. My roster: Plummer, Carr, Hasselbeck, LT, S Jackson, K Jones, Staley, Owens, C Johnson, Burleson, Wayne, Boldin, Gates, D Clark, Stover, Bills, Ravens. Yes I did quite well last year. Picked Gates in the 16th last year :D

I'm leaning LT, Owens, C Johnson. Gates is killing me to let go. I've been offered a 2nd and a 5th for Owens.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

I'm in a league that allows 3 keepers.  Standard scoring, must start QB, 2 RB and 2WR or 1RB and 3 WRs, TE, K, Def.  My roster: Plummer, Carr, Hasselbeck, LT, S Jackson, K Jones, Staley, Owens, C Johnson, Burleson, Wayne, Boldin, Gates, D Clark, Stover, Bills, Ravens.  Yes I did quite well last year.  Picked Gates in the 16th last year  :D

I'm leaning LT, Owens, C Johnson.  Gates is killing me to let go.  I've been offered a 2nd and a 5th for Owens.

Any suggestions?  Thanks.

877178[/snapback]

How about LT, Owens, and K Jones?

LT is the easy one.

I think keep one of SJax or KJones, whichever you prefer. Always good to start out with 2 good RBs, as I doubt much will be there in the draft.

I am going forward assuming you end up making a deal for Owens, then it is down to keeping Chad Johnson or Gates, both who can be difference makers.

Crystal Ball says... keep Gates, and try to trade whichever of the two above RBs you don't keep, Chad Johnson, Wayne, Burleson, etc... anyone you can... may as well get something for them rather than toss them back for nothing if you can

LT for sure.

I would then go with Jackson to fill in your starting RB's.

It is then between Owens and Johnson IMO. I like Gates a lot but think getting a top tier WR is what I would do. If Owens is in camp and ready to go when you have to name you keepers I would go with him. If there is any question about what TO will do I would go with Johnson.

As most others have said, keep two RB's. I wouldn't fault you for keeping SJax, but I'd prefer Jones because of receiving skills and no Faulk. I have Gates in one auction keeper where I also have Kevin and Julius Jones (two keepers) for really cheap and the thought of cutting Gates is killing me as well. If you think (like I do) that Gates will cement his position as the new top-TE this year, then you need to trade yourself into a spot where you'll be assured of getting him. You have enough talent on board to do that, clearly. Also, since you have all that talent I'd bet this is only a ten-team league, and your chances of getting him might be better than you think.

Keeping LT and TO is obvious. I would then package and trade K.Jones and S.Jackson for a top 5 RB like S.Alex, E.James, or W.McGahee. Then you would have two Top 5 RBs and the best WR in the league.

If that does not work, keep K.Jones and package and trade all other players for high picks - you offer tremendous value to other owners with Chad, Gates, S.Jax, and Ravens. You should be totally setup this year if you make these moves.

I'm in a league that allows 3 keepers.  Standard scoring, must start QB, 2 RB and 2WR or 1RB and 3 WRs, TE, K, Def.  My roster: Plummer, Carr, Hasselbeck, LT, S Jackson, K Jones, Staley, Owens, C Johnson, Burleson, Wayne, Boldin, Gates, D Clark, Stover, Bills, Ravens.  Yes I did quite well last year.  Picked Gates in the 16th last year  :D

I'm leaning LT, Owens, C Johnson.  Gates is killing me to let go.  I've been offered a 2nd and a 5th for Owens.

877178[/snapback]

Keep LT.

Trade Owens for those draft picks.

Keep SJax or KJones, whichever you prefer.

Keep CJ.

877178[/snapback]

If you trade owens, I'd go Lt, Jones, C.Johnson